****tmdsas 2012****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else just get that email from San Antonio saying they'd received your application and it was being processed? Talk about disappointment! Thought it was an interview...plus, it's a little late to send this email three months after the application was transmitted to the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else just get that email from San Antonio saying they'd received your application and it was being processed? Talk about disappointment! Thought it was an interview...plus, it's a little late to send this email three months after the application was transmitted to the school.

I did. I about threw my computer in excitement.

Members don't see this ad :)
biggest tease ever...especially after everyone said SA stopped sending out these emails...ahh well, the wait continues...:xf:

Lol. All too true. Perhaps, the admissions office just got tired of people calling about whether they've recieved their application.

Last edited:
LOL got the SA email too. Glad I saw this thread first.

Jeeze, San Antonio, hard trollin'.

I guess they got tired of everyone calling them up!
At least you know they got it! :rolleyes:

For anyone on here who has an interview at Houston, good luck. They begin next week. Maybe I will see you at the student lunch session the day you are there.

What is going on with the Texas Schools? It seems like no one has heard from them in quite some time now..

What is going on with the Texas Schools? It seems like no one has heard from them in quite some time now..

I know of two people who received interviews from Houston yesterday...for mid september I think. I'm pretty sure that Houston interviews start up this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
1st Texas School today!!

School: Baylor
Notification date: 8/24
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: Texas
Interview date: Sep 23th
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.86, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/none

You do have to realize that SDN represents a very small fraction of dental school applicants. So, that means that most people getting interview invites are not on here to report this to everyone. Believe me, the schools are sending out invites and are currently interviewing people.

1st Texas School today!!

Notification date: 8/24
Interview date: Sep 23th
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27

Congrats!! :) Good luck on your interview! I'm still crossing my fingers for a Texas interview :xf:

I have received emails from all 3 schools stating that they have received my application but Im scheduled to take my DAT on sept 3rd.
How long after schools recieve DAT scores can you expect an interview? Does San Antonio or Houston take unofficial DAT score reports?

Does any one know how many OOS interviews San Antonio gives out?

Posted all school stats on the previous page look for the spread sheet. 28 interviewed 5 accepted

Last edited:
Baylor Interview Invitation!!! Oh God Yes!!!!!

Just got Interview Invite from Baylor:love:
Also received it from houston last week..:thumbup:

I have mostly just been reading student doctor but finally i couldn't resist joining and posting :)
Interview at San Antonio 9/12 (emailed last week)
Interview at Baylor 9/30 (got the email today!)

I have mostly just been reading student doctor but finally i couldn't resist joining and posting :)
Interview at San Antonio 9/12 (emailed last week)
Interview at Baylor 9/30 (got the email today!)

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Congratulations all who received a Baylor interview!!!
They're the only school I haven't heard from yet :rolleyes:

Had my San Antonio interview yesterday, the 29th. It was a really great experience. Everyone is super nice and helpful, and the actual interview was really chill. More conversation than questions. :)

Scheduled for Houston September 13th, anyone else?

Had my San Antonio interview yesterday, the 29th. It was a really great experience. Everyone is super nice and helpful, and the actual interview was really chill. More conversation than questions. :)

Hi!

Baylor is the only school I haven't heard either. Did you receive an email from them that they received your application? I didn't get that email either...

Very weird...

Congrats on San Antonio interview! I went there early on August and my houston interview is on 09/06. Excited! =)

Hi!

Baylor is the only school I haven't heard either. Did you receive an email from them that they received your application? I didn't get that email either...

Very weird...

Congrats on San Antonio interview! I went there early on August and my houston interview is on 09/06. Excited! =)

Congrats!!
Yup, I got that e-mail way back when I first submitted my application (Completed July 27th), so maybe they just don't like me :laugh:

Im starting to notice a pattern of mutual exclusion, as far as admissions are concerned. For example, those that readily get accepted to Baylor tend to not do as well getting into UTDB and UTHSCA. Likewise, those who get into Houston or San Antonio are not good enough for Baylor. Perhaps each school looks for a unique applicant profile that's different from the other schools?

Still have not heard from SA yet... starting to get a little anxious. Houston interview was super laid back and they really sold the school well. Anything to know about the baylor interviews are welcome!

I haven't heard back from Baylor yet either. I got interviews at UT Houston and San Antonio.

I got an email from Baylor saying they received my application which was sent to them 8/11/2011 but I submitted my secondary application on 8/22/2011.

Is this normal? I'm getting really nervous!

Overall GPA- 4.0, Science- 4.0
DAT: AA-22, TS-24, PAT-29

Interview at Baylor is super relaxed and laid back. Just don't be nervous and have some interesting things to say about yourself! That school is absolutely my #1 and if I get accepted I'm pulling every other app without even thinking about it.

SA interview set for september 19th! hopefully hear from the other schools soon...

I have an interview with SA on the 19th too! See you there cowboys1! :)

I also have an interview with San Antonio on the 19th! haha what a coincidence that all three of us will be there at the interview.

For you 3 with SA interviews on the 19th, when were you notified and by what method, and what was your application complete date? I have heard from Baylor a week or 2 ago, but have yet to hear from SA or Houston and I am getting a little nervous because it seems that the majority hear from either SA and Houston but not Baylor ORRR hear from Baylor and not SA or Houston.

For you 3 with SA interviews on the 18th, when were you notified and by what method, and what was your application complete date? I have heard from Baylor a week or 2 ago, but have yet to hear from SA or Houston and I am getting a little nervous because it seems that the majority hear from either SA and Houston but not Baylor ORRR hear from Baylor and not SA or Houston.

I was notified yesterday via email. My application was complete complete (LOR, DAT scores, everything) by July 15. I just had an interview with Baylor last Wednesday as well. Baylor notified me around the beginning of August. Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

I was notified yesterday via email. My application was complete complete (LOR, DAT scores, everything) by July 15. I just had an interview with Baylor last Wednesday as well. Baylor notified me around the beginning of August. Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

Thanks! I actually got the interview invite for SA this morning!

3rd interview/ 2nd from Texas schools

School: San Antonio
Notification date: 9/9/11
Interview date: Sep 26th
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/Application complete 8/12

Other schools: Baylor, Midwestern.

I got an email from San Antonio this morning. I have an interview for Sept 26th..:thumbup:

My first interview!!!!! I'm so excited.:laugh:

Notification date: 9/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Interview Date: 10/12
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Supplemental Completed: 8/31
GPA (science, overall): 3.46, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 24/26/22

2nd interview!

Notification date: 9/13
Interview Date: 10/19
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.60, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 18/18/20

My first interview!!!!! I'm so excited.:laugh:

GPA (science, overall): 3.46, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 24/26/22

Baylor is probably drooling over your 2 years of shadowing.

Just received and invite from UT Houston!

School: Houston
Notification date: 9/16
Interview Date: 10/4

Just received and invite from UT Houston!

School: Houston
Notification date: 9/16
Interview Date: 10/4

Not to be picky but if you are in state (TX) how did you apply through AADSAS. Did you mean TMDSAS mail out date 8/23. Just curious