****tmdsas 2013****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My Anatomy and Physiology I credit was under BioLL.

Has anyone heard from Houston or San Antonio yet? Is there a deadline to accept interviews?

I havent heard anything from Houston or San Antonio as of yet. Have you received any interview offers from Texas so far, since you are asking about interview deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

I havent heard anything from Houston or San Antonio as of yet. Have you received any interview offers from Texas so far, since you are asking about interview deadline.

I received an interview from Baylor yesterday for August 17th.

Congrats great job. Do you mind sharing your app complete, mail dates or DAT score if you dont mind. Once again congrats.

Members don't see this ad :)

Could you share your Stats? :D

WHENEVER someone gets an interview, could you PLEASEEE Share your stats that is of course if you dont mind!!

School: Baylor College of Dentistry
Notification date: 07-11-12
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 19th of June
Application complete date: 5th of June
GPA (science, overall) 3.87 sGPA/ 3.91 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (23/22/21/25/none).

School: Baylor College of Dentistry
Notification date: 07-11-12
TMDSAS mail-out date: 19th of June
Application complete date: 5th of June
GPA (science, overall) 3.87 sGPA/ 3.91 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (23/22/21/25/none).

Thanks and best of luck for your interview. :)

Congrats! Ahhhhh! This makes me nervous that people are already getting interview invitations.

I just got an "application received" notification from UT San Antonio sent to my email!

San Antonio just emailed me saying the application has been received. They will begin interviews in August and will notify 2-3 weeks in advance if you are selected for an interview.

School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 07-13-12
TMDSAS mail-out date: 14th of June
Application completion date: 5th of June
GPA (science, overall) 3.62 sGPA / 3.73 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (22/21/23/28/none).

Just got an interview!

Notification Date: 07-13-12
Method: E-mail
TMDSAS mail-out-date: May 31
Appilcation completion date: May 23
GPA (Science, overall) 3.39, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) : 23/24/24/19/none

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview!

Notification Date: 07-13-12
Method: E-mail
TMDSAS mail-out-date: May 31
Appilcation completion date: May 23
GPA (Science, overall) 3.39, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) : 23/24/24/19/none

Congrats! When is your interview date?

Congrats! When is your interview date?

Congrats guys. When you say application complete do you also mean that your DAT scores and everything else were received by the schools as well.

Got application received email from San Antonio today too.

Last edited:
Congrats guys. When you say application complete do you also mean that your DAT scores and everything else were received by the schools as well.

Got application received email from San Antonio today too.

What I meant by application completed was the day that I submitted my application to TMDSAS. I personally had everything (DAT scores, transcripts, evaluations) already into TMDSAS by the time I submitted.

I also received an email from SA this morning that they got my application (even though TMDSAS had transmitted my application a month ago...). They sent me an interview invitation shortly after.

Last edited:
What I mean't by application completed was the day that I submitted my application to TMDSAS. I personally had everything (DAT scores, transcripts, evaluations) already into TMDSAS by the time I submitted.

I also received an email from SA this morning that they got my application (even though TMDSAS had transmitted my application a month ago...). They sent me an interview invitation shortly after.

Oh Ok. Haven't received any invitation so far, but then my complete date was 7/1 although transmitted end of May so will have to wait I guess. Anyone else in the same situation. Getting anxious now seeing people getting interview invites

Congrats everyone! San Antonio received my application, but no interview e-mail yet. May I ask what day they start interviewing?

Do you know if they will start reviewing the application even if the committee letter hasn't been sent yet?

Thanks.

To the people who got an interview invitation at San Antonio, when was your application complete (everything in, including DAT scores received)???
So jealous of you guys who got an email and then another one for an interview! I only got the first one, but congrats to you all anyway! I think the Texas schools got my DAT scores last week lol, but it's all good.

To the people who got an interview invitation at San Antonio, when was your application complete (everything in, including DAT scores received)???

I had my application complete on June 5th. So they had everything from the time TMDSAS transmitted my application.

@saiph
I'm not sure when the very first day is for interviews is, but mine is on August 6th.

@saiph
I'm not sure when the very first day is for interviews is, but mine is on August 6th.

Thank you so much for responding. Good luck with your interview! I hope I get to interview at San Antonio before fall semester begins.

My interview is also on August 6th.

For the of you who asked, my app was submitted on May 23, transmitted to schools on May 31, and all letters and everything else were submitted by June 6. Tmdsas received my DAT score on May 3.

Looks like it. Best of luck. Any word on Houston?

I don't have a clear cut favorite. Maybe Baylor then Houston then San Antonio. I got scared of SA after I read the school specific thread for them.

How does acceptance work with dental school? There is no matching and stuff like texas medical schools, right?

All the 3 are good schools. Does anyone know how to apply for scholarships for the schools once accepted. :xf::xf::xf:

Don't really have a favorite. I'm just looking for the opportunity to go. But if I did, I would choose San Antonio because it is closer to home.

Did anyone get anything from Houston this week or any more interview offers from Baylor or San Antonio.

I have a friend who was accepted to all 3 texas schools last year and he didn't even hear from SA or Baylor this early. I think he started hearing from schools around the 22nd of July.

Just got an interview invite to Baylor by E-mail.

Oh wow. I just checked my email and I got a Baylor interview invite as well. We have been getting our interview invitations sent to us the same days!

Congrats!

Congrats. You guys are ahead of me since your app complete date was way before mine (dat score were transmitted in 1st week of july). I haven't received any interviews so far and stats are good. Need to wait I guess. I was wondering if anyone with july completion date received an interview so far.

Yeah but you guys are ahead of me since your app complete date was way before mine (dat score were transmitted in 1st week of july). I haven't received any interviews so far and stats are good. Need to wait I guess. I was wondering if anyone with july completion date received an interview so far.

Three of my friends are basically in the same situation. Too bad theirs is because a professor at our school went on vacation instead of sending in their evaluation packets!!!! Thank God I have a different advisor; I would be SO angry.

Three of my friends are basically in the same situation. Too bad theirs is because a professor at our school went on vacation instead of sending in their evaluation packets!!!! Thank God I have a different advisor; I would be SO angry.

My lors were on time but I took the DAT in june and hence my app completion was later although I submitted in may. Does anyone know if the schools review by app complete or by app submission date. Although I would guess the former I am not sure.

My lors were on time but I took the DAT in june and hence my app completion was later although I submitted in may. Does anyone know if the schools review by app complete or by app submission date. Although I would guess the former I am not sure.

I am pretty sure you need to have your DAT scores before schools consider you for interviews.