*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. You posted the same thing earlier and following your posts were people getting interview invitations. I don't know about A&M but the other two schools interview until the end of January, with invites being send just days prior (check previous TMDSAS threads).
If you don't have an interview by the last interview date you will get a rejection at the end of January. If you have already been interviewed they will send waitlists and alternate lists after the class has been filled usually late spring.
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

Oops, I was referring to the user "carbohydrate" who had posted on 12/30/16:

"I think the last round of interview is at the end of January, and invites have been sent. So if you didnt get it, I'm really sorry."

But then multiple people got invites which is what I was referring to. Sorry for the mixup.

Oops, I was referring to the user "carbohydrate" who had posted on 12/30/16:

"I think the last round of interview is at the end of January, and invites have been sent. So if you didnt get it, I'm really sorry."

But then multiple people got invites which is what I was referring to. Sorry for the mixup.
None of us here work for the admission office, so we cant really say exactly what happen, who else is getting invite, or whatnot.
I said that because that is the general assumption.
Today is Jan 18th, 12 days away from the end of January.
Yes, maybe someone get into their top choice today elsewhere and decline their interview spot at the very last moment. So technically speaking, one might be receiving invite for an interview next week. So anything can happen.
With that being said, I hope you will hear back soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys if it's not too much to ask, can one of you guys tells us late interviewers how the interview are conducted in San Antonio?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys if it's not too much to ask, can one of you guys tells us late interviewers how the interview are conducted in San Antonio?

You go into a conference room with all the other interviewees, you go on a tour of the facility then eat lunch. After which you interview with a faculty member then a 4th year student. Depending on the size of your interviewing group you might be split into two groups, switching the tour with the interview and vise versa.

So, throughout the morning there will be multiple speakers discussing the new curriculum, tuition, organizations at UTHSCSA, student life, access to Golds gym, etc. Then, you'll have lunch with DS4's (The food was really good actually - sandwhiches :) ) and then you'll have the two interviews, one with faculty and one with a DS4. Then, hard part is over, whoo. So you meet with the rest of the interviewees and you will take a shuttle to the old campus, where you will be spending your first two years and after you are taken back to the new clinic. Interviewed this last semester, had a blast!

Reactions: 2 users
Texas, even tho ye did not accept me. My love for thee is still strong and I bleed for thee. I will see thee in 4 years after I come back as a dentist.

Congrats to everyone who got into Texas schools. You guys are creme de la creme.

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my interview at San Antonio, maybe someone will get it for the 30th.

I interviewed at UTSD and I am thinking about sending a letter of intent. Does anyone know if they prefer email or mail (does it matter?)? Anyone here have done that and got acceptance soon after or any success stories? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at UTSD and I am thinking about sending a letter of intent. Does anyone know if they prefer email or mail (does it matter?)? Anyone here have done that and got acceptance soon after or any success stories? Thanks!
Definitely send an email... letters get lost in the mail and sometimes it gets read by the wrong person.

During my interview trail, I've been sending emails about once a month with updates such as academic, volunteering, researching, gainful employment, leadership positions, etc to the former director of admissions, Dr. Galindo. I made sure to express that UTSD was my top choice (it was easy since I lived in Houston...) and that the email had substance before thinking about sending an email.

I emailed Dr. Galindo in early Jan expressing my interest especially after not getting an interview from Houston pre-december 1st.... I was invited to an interview 4 hours later. My fiancee and friend got into UTSD in early March and we all interviewed on the same day, so I thought all hope was lost. So after 2 months of silence, late March came around and after throwing $2000 for my Pittsburgh deposit, I woke up one day at like 5am and drafted a last ditch effort email to Dr. Galindo stating my interests and of course included updates... Lo and behold I was offered a spot in the class 4 hours later. Persistence, @SaeWat! I want to see you here in the fall! I'm rooting for you!

Last edited:
Definitely send an email... letters get lost in the mail and sometimes it gets read by the wrong person.

During my interview trail, I've been sending emails about once a month with updates such as academic, volunteering, researching, gainful employment, leadership positions, etc to the former director of admissions, Dr. Galindo. I made sure to express that UTSD was my top choice (it was easy since I lived in Houston...) and that the email had substance before thinking about sending an email.

I emailed Dr. Galindo in early Jan expressing my interest especially after not getting an interview from Houston pre-december 1st.... I was invited to an interview 4 hours later. My fiancee and friend got into UTSD in early March and we all interviewed on the same day, so I thought all hope was lost. So after 2 months of silence, late March came around and after throwing $2000 for my Pittsburgh deposit, I woke up one day at like 5am and drafted a last ditch effort email to Dr. Galindo stating my interests and of course included updates... Lo and behold I was offered a spot in the class 4 hours later. Persistence, @SaeWat! I want to see you here in the fall! I'm rooting for you!
Wow that is awesome! I will definitely do what you did and hopefully I will be hearing good news. Thanks a lot :)

Any idea when San Antonio or TAMU have their next rounds of acceptances? I just got an acceptance from tufts and have 30 days to give them a yes or no.

Any idea when San Antonio or TAMU have their next rounds of acceptances? I just got an acceptance from tufts and have 30 days to give them a yes or no.
I heard it's gonna be 27th

Sorry if this was previously answered, but for UTSD and UTSA at least, is it safe to say that interview invites are effectively all gone/sent out already? I received a (confusing) rejection email without invite from A&M on Friday and am losing hope in this cycle.

To put this in context, I'm technically in-state based on my permanent address but I go to school out of state, in PA, and I have every intention of working in Texas after dental school; I'm from Houston and my mom actually went to UTSD ~20 years ago but I'm v worried my stats just weren't good enough to get me a spot even with my hometown connection to the school. I emailed a professor I know there who cc'ed an admissions prof in his response to me (back in December) that there was still a ways to go but that they "plan to visit with applicants until the end of January" – is there any hope that they'd notify me late? :(

Sorry if this was previously answered, but for UTSD and UTSA at least, is it safe to say that interview invites are effectively all gone/sent out already? I received a (confusing) rejection email without invite from A&M on Friday and am losing hope in this cycle.

To put this in context, I'm technically in-state based on my permanent address but I go to school out of state, in PA, and I have every intention of working in Texas after dental school; I'm from Houston and my mom actually went to UTSD ~20 years ago but I'm v worried my stats just weren't good enough to get me a spot even with my hometown connection to the school. I emailed a professor I know there who cc'ed an admissions prof in his response to me (back in December) that there was still a ways to go but that they "plan to visit with applicants until the end of January" – is there any hope that they'd notify me late? :(

Therefore, the interview season is pretty much over...
Houston's last interview is next week, if you haven't gotten an invite yet, you might want to depend on other schools.

I feel you man. I'm pretty sure A&M sent the same rejection letter to all in-state applicants who haven't received an interview invite (I got the rejection mail as well).

It looks like interview season is said and done. Uthscsa will interview tomorrow -last round. Baylor and UTSD are pretty much done too sad face

@Advance as well (unclear why the quote isn't showing up)

I feel you man. I'm pretty sure A&M sent the same rejection letter to all in-state applicants who haven't received an interview invite (I got the rejection mail as well).

It looks like interview season is said and done. Uthscsa will interview tomorrow -last round. Baylor and UTSD are pretty much done too sad face

Thank you all for the help even I missed the quoted posts above! (cringe + apologies) It's been hectic/I'm also in denial so I probably subconsciously missed them </3

Does everyone who applied to A&M receive the email asking you to apply to the post-bac program??

The program just seems too good to be true... you basically only need a 3.40 in the post bac and a minimum of 19AA and you're GUARANTEED acceptance (entry yr 2018)!

Last I heard that sounds about right. Only hard part I think would be getting selected. They only took 16 last cycle

Just received one as well. I guess, that means "no acceptance" for TAMU.

Last I heard that sounds about right. Only hard part I think would be getting selected. They only took 16 last cycle

Yup, that's what the website says.

I hope people who meet the DAT reqs don't have to retak the test/take the DAT prep courses as part of the program.

"We realize that you might have been accepted at another dental school or have already applied to the PBP" <--- I think that indicates that this is not a specific email to you, but just a general information email

"If you have been interviewed for our 2017 class, you are still under consideration for a position....if you are accepted into PBP and you are offered a position in the 2017 class, you may withdraw from the PBP at that time" <---also indicates that this definitely does not mean "no acceptance".

Read the email before you freak out people! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Received the email as well. Kind of a bummer. I have 3.78 Science and 3.8 total gpa, 21 AA 22TS 25 BIO 22 OCHEM 22Gen 19 PA 22 RC but a 16 QR so I'd have to retake the DAT to get selected for the program. I interviewed in November and the email said applicants who have interviewed are still being considered.

I didn't receive an interview. My DAT is high at 25AA/23TS/20PAT, but my GPA is low at 3.5/3.2.

I would love a second chance to prove myself through this post bac program and have a real shot at A&M next entry year!!

"We realize that you might have been accepted at another dental school or have already applied to the PBP" <--- I think that indicates that this is not a specific email to you, but just a general information email

"If you have been interviewed for our 2017 class, you are still under consideration for a position....if you are accepted into PBP and you are offered a position in the 2017 class, you may withdraw from the PBP at that time" <---also indicates that this definitely does not mean "no acceptance".

Read the email before you freak out people! :)

Sorry...
Should have read the whole thing lol

Received the email as well. Kind of a bummer. I have 3.78 Science and 3.8 total gpa, 21 AA 22TS 25 BIO 22 OCHEM 22Gen 19 PA 22 RC but a 16 QR so I'd have to retake the DAT to get selected for the program. I interviewed in November and the email said applicants who have interviewed are still being considered.

Don't give up hope!

Does everyone who applied to A&M receive the email asking you to apply to the post-bac program??

The program just seems too good to be true... you basically only need a 3.40 in the post bac and a minimum of 19AA and you're GUARANTEED acceptance (entry yr 2018)!
PBP is a great program. It really prepares you for D1. Those that did it in my class are doing very well. Plus with automatic admission it's a pretty good deal.

Per Dr. Spears from UTSD: There are 84 seats filled. They will fill 103 seats. 1/24 is the last day for interviews.

Wonder how expensive it is

Only 30 grand total (including books, fees, living expenses, etc.) according to the website.

It's a steal if you compare it to other post-bac programs (which don't offer guaranteed admission to one of the cheapest schools in the nation).

The only problem is getting in

Hi there! I interviewed at UTSD in August and e-mailed a letter of intent after December 1st. I stated that UTSD was my top-choice and the things that I have done since my interview. I received an acceptance mid-January! It may or may not have helped, but I am glad I sent it just in case. As a third time applicant, I'm so excited I'm going to be A DENTIST!!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi there! I interviewed at UTSD in August and e-mailed a letter of intent after December 1st. I stated that UTSD was my top-choice and the things that I have done since my interview. I received an acceptance mid-January! It may or may not have helped, but I am glad I sent it just in case. As a third time applicant, I'm so excited I'm going to be A DENTIST!!
do you mind I asked who did you send your letter to?

I didn't receive an interview. My DAT is high at 25AA/23TS/20PAT, but my GPA is low at 3.5/3.2.

I would love a second chance to prove myself through this post bac program and have a real shot at A&M next entry year!!

Guys your stats are perfectly fine and definitely make you competitive, I don't think that is the reason you didn't get in :/ how much did y'all emphasize community service and volunteering on your application? (Both dental and non dental).

Specifically Cheesyfries I don't thing a 16 QR would keep you out, especially with the rest of your scores, and for kek I don't think a 3.5/3.2 would keep you out of the running either.

I think doing a post bac would be a waste of time for y'all personally, I'd maybe contact Dr. Miller for any insight on what kept you out?

Also hose considering the post bac, keep in mind it's specifically geared toward individuals with disadvantaged backgrounds.

You can find a picture of the most recent group to successfully complete the post bac and everyone is Hispanic.

It is meant to encourage people who are more inclined to help underprivileged communities become dentist

I have a little over 100 volunteer hours at a community health center (with a dental clinic), and 200 hours of non-dental related community service.

It could be that my application was hurt because I didn't use a pre-health committee letter (basically everyone at my school uses one)? I wasn't allowed to because I didn't meet my school's GPA requirements...

The app also says residents of dentally underserved communities may apply, so I figure there's no harm in applying

I have a little over 100 volunteer hours at a community health center (with a dental clinic), and 200 hours of non-dental related community service.

It could be that my application was hurt because I didn't use a pre-health committee letter (basically everyone at my school uses one)? I wasn't allowed to because I didn't meet my school's GPA requirements...

The app also says residents of dentally underserved communities may apply, so I figure there's no harm in applying

I didn't use a a committee letter either for the same reasons, and I got in; however I am a URM so that helps of course

Awesome, congrats!!!! Thanks :) I will definitely send one!

Wow what was your schools committee gpa requirement? I'm assuming by 3.5/3.2 you meant 3.5 overall right?

And definitely I don't see how it could hurt to apply!