This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Typical Average Student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tempus fugit; TMDSAS opens today. Feel free to ask any questions.

School & Acceptance/Rejection/Interview:
Notification date:
Method of notification: Email
Residency:
TMDSAS mail-out date:
GPA (science, overall):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Dates available OR your interview date:

Try to use this format when receiving an interview, acceptance or rejection to keep things organized.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, does anyone know how I enter my grades into the system when my school gave us specific gpa numbers for each class? So for instance instead of getting an A or a B our transripts for each class will say 3.4 or 2.5 etc. Im not sure how to enter this into the system, where do I find out what equals an A or a B?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I haven't seen a thread yet for this application cycle entering in 2020, so I thought I would start one for the Texas schools! I submitted my application to TMDSAS on May 7th, so I'm still waiting for processing! In case anyone was wondering, my stats are:

GPA:
Overall GPA: 3.91
Overall BCPM GPA: 3.84
Undergrad GPA: 3.90
Undergrad Non-BCPM GPA: 4.00
Graduate GPA: 4.00

DAT:
AA: 20
TS: 20
PA: 20
QR: 19
RC: 24

I will post when I hear anything! I hope to hear back from some people about applications/interviews about any Texas schools! :)

?

Reactions: 1 user

?
Yeah I just came across that, it just didn't seem very active. Someone posted a week and a half ago and no one responded, so I didn't think people were finding that on here.

Yeah I just came across that, it just didn't seem very active. Someone posted a week and a half ago and no one responded, so I didn't think people were finding that on here.

You comment on that and it’ll bump the thread.

Hi everyone!

I haven't seen a thread yet for this application cycle entering in 2020, so I thought I would start one for the Texas schools! I submitted my application to TMDSAS on May 7th, so I'm still waiting for processing! In case anyone was wondering, my stats are:

GPA:

DAT:

I will post when I hear anything! I hope to hear back from some people about applications/interviews about any Texas schools! :)

?
You comment on that and it’ll bump the thread.
Okay I was just trying to be helpful for people, but I'll just go ahead and delete this
Not to worry, I merged the two threads together to keep everything in one place.

I have a question about the PCR on the TMDSAS app once it's been processed. So the only courses showing up on there are ones that I took at the university I received my degree from. However, I did one semester at a different university due to personal reasons, but my physics and genetics courses from there are not listed on my PCR. Neither are my biochemistry labs from my main university. Does anyone know why this might be??

How many people have submitted their application already? I’m planning to do it this month as well. Is anyone applying OOS here?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people have submitted their application already? I’m planning to do it this month as well. Is anyone applying OOS here?

I’m about to submit mine. Just checking for any mistakes and doing last minute shadowing.

Also, I sent my LOR through interfolio. Interfolio emailed me May 12 that they sent it to TMDSAS, but my status on tmdsas still says "not received". Is anyone else having the same issue?

I have a question about the PCR on the TMDSAS app once it's been processed. So the only courses showing up on there are ones that I took at the university I received my degree from. However, I did one semester at a different university due to personal reasons, but my physics and genetics courses from there are not listed on my PCR. Neither are my biochemistry labs from my main university. Does anyone know why this might be??
Send an email to [email protected] and ask them if that was done by mistake. They will hopefully be able to fix this.

I submitted my application on May 7th! It was processed last week and sent to schools. I heard back from Texas A&M this Monday and they said they received it and will review it once my last letter of rec is in. I'm applying to some OOS as well!

I submitted mine yesterday. Now I'm waiting on transcripts, dat, and letters to get sent in.

Submitted app today! Waiting on 1 LOR to be sent in.

Hey future dental students! Just wanted to let y’all know A&M is gonna start interviews a little later this year. The first interview date is scheduled to be aug 28th.

Reactions: 4 users
How realistic is it for OOS applicants here in TX? Numbers look dismal as always but any reason to believe they're any better or worse than %s at face value (i.e. if you're not a literal god you can forget about it)?

That’s good to know. Any reason for the delay?

They told us but I completely forgot the reason tbh. Haha. I think they will still have the same number of interview days though. They’re gonna interview for an extra week or two in the spring.

How realistic is it for OOS applicants here in TX? Numbers look dismal as always but any reason to believe they're any better or worse than %s at face value (i.e. if you're not a literal god you can forget about it)?

What are your stats? Do you have ties to Texas?

I have a questions regarding if the school would be able to view our GPAs in the same format as we can see on the "status" page of our TMDSAS application? Because the PCR file on the TMDSAS only shows the core undergrad classes and not masters one.

I have a questions regarding if the school would be able to view our GPAs in the same format as we can see on the "status" page of our TMDSAS application? Because the PCR file on the TMDSAS only shows the core undergrad classes and not masters one.
Yes, the schools can see everything that you see. They will be able to see your overall GPA and individual from undergrad and masters.

I'm not going to lie, I'm having the hardest time filling out the new "most meaningful" section on TMDSAS

Most meaningful? What’s that?

The TMDSAS Application has a new section where we choose the 3 most meaningful activities that we previously listed and write a max 500 character description for each of the 3 activities!

The TMDSAS Application has a new section where we choose the 3 most meaningful activities that we previously listed and write a max 500 character description for each of the 3 activities!
Oh interesting... hm.

Anyone send their transcripts this month and it has already been received/processed? I sent mine on June 6th and it still hasn’t been received by TMDSAS yet...

Anyone send their transcripts this month and it has already been received/processed? I sent mine on June 6th and it still hasn’t been received by TMDSAS yet...

Sent mine in on the 7th and still marked as not received.

My transcripts haven't been received/processed, but my schools letter of recommendations was sent and processed the same day I requested it to be sent from my schools advising office. Was the transcript form attached to your transcript?

I emailed my school registrar office to attach the transcript request form. One of my transcript is still not received/processed and the other one just(today) got received/processed.

I emailed my school registrar office to attach the transcript request form. One of my transcript is still not received/processed and the other one just(today) got received/processed.

When did you send that transcript in?

Sent mine in on the 7th and still marked as not received.

Ordered mine on the 23/24th ish and they were received on 14th. About a three to four week process. Houston sent me an email the same day acknowledging my complete app and San Antonio sent me one a week later on the 21st.

Do they delay processing transcripts or letters if they haven't processed your application yet? My friend got his letter packet uploaded days after me but his packet already got processed while mine still hasn't.

Hi everyone!

GPA:

DAT:

What is your overall DAT score? Your GPA is extremely high. Every time I see such a high GPA I expect a 22+ DAT score. Do not get me wrong, your DAT was good. The problem is that some schools are easier than others.

So it sounds like there is a pretty decent delay in uploading the transcripts and LOR. I sent all of my transcripts and LOR (from interfolio) on the same day 6/23. One transcript was uploaded but nothing else. I came here to see if anyone else is seeing the same trend and it looks to be the case.

What is your overall DAT score? Your GPA is extremely high. Every time I see such a high GPA I expect a 22+ DAT score. Do not get me wrong, your DAT was good. The problem is that some schools are easier than others.

My overall DAT was a 21. I graduated from my undergrad in 2015. Started my masters in 2017, had twins in April 2018, and finished my first year of my masters in May 2018. I took this last year off because.. twins. I took my DAT February 2019, while taking care of twins and having a husband in the military who is gone a lot. So if I had actually had the time to study like most people do it probably would have been a 22+. I already have 2 interviews (non TMDSAS since they take much longer to respond), so I think it's important to remember that they take your whole application in to consideration not just scores :)

So it sounds like there is a pretty decent delay in uploading the transcripts and LOR. I sent all of my transcripts and LOR (from interfolio) on the same day 6/23. One transcript was uploaded but nothing else. I came here to see if anyone else is seeing the same trend and it looks to be the case.
They're probably backlogged with applications and materials right now! I submitted mine in May and everything only took a few days at the most to be uploaded and marked as received.

My overall DAT was a 21. I graduated from my undergrad in 2015. Started my masters in 2017, had twins in April 2018, and finished my first year of my masters in May 2018. I took this last year off because.. twins. I took my DAT February 2019, while taking care of twins and having a husband in the military who is gone a lot. So if I had actually had the time to study like most people do it probably would have been a 22+. I already have 2 interviews (non TMDSAS since they take much longer to respond), so I think it's important to remember that they take your whole application in to consideration not just scores :)
Totally makes sense. That is why interviews are important. Maybe the will ask you about it.

We might be about to hear back from Texas schools soon in the next two weeks. I think people that applied in May are going to hear first.

I know that there is a Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2024 discussion thread, but has anybody seen anything for the other Texas schools? If not, anybody want to start one?

I know that there is a Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2024 discussion thread, but has anybody seen anything for the other Texas schools? If not, anybody want to start one?
I can do them. I've started a couple of them from the main interview page :)