TMDSAS processing of supplemental materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubisco88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I submit my TMDSAS application even if I don't have my LORs yet? Will it speed up the whole process to at least send in my application even though I am going to send in LORs probably a week after submitting the TMDSAS app?

My goal is to submit the application in mid June, since I won't be getting an MCAT score back until late July (taking June MCAT). My LORs won't be complete until late June. I know the application takes about 4-6 weeks to process if submitted in June. Does it take just as long process the supplementals: transcripts, LORs, and MCAT score. I think I heard processing your MCAT score is pretty much instantaneous after you send it. Will it take an additional 4-6 weeks to process LORs after submitting the initial app or less time?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm literally in your exact shoes. I won't get my rec letters complete until mid-late June.

Definitely order your transcripts. That way you won't have to wait for them to receive it since it takes a while. They wont start double checking your grades until you submit your app, though.

Your LOR question is something I'm also curious about (ie should I submit it without my recommendation letters), so I'll go ahead and bump this thread as well.