To all NJMS waitlist people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here's to keepin' hope alive.

Members don't see this ad.

blz said:
I´m about to withdraw my spot at NJMS. Hope it opens up a spot for one of you guys.

soo u got into NYU huh?

I'm tempted to call admissions yet again... anyone beat me to the punch?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting really really sucks. I just wanna know!!!!

Well, I finally sat down and wanted to organize my thoughts for a post more than 2-5 words. I can't believe this waitlist process. I was annoyed, and exasperated for quite some time. Now, I just find myself getting angry, and more angered each day I hear no news. This has been utter hell for my mind, as I'm sure all of you waitlisters can agree. A simple widespread email to cover all waitlisted students about the status of the waitlist at this time is all I ask. I'm sick and tired of getting nothing. I had to put a $500 deposit to hold my place at the Georgetown post bacc premedical masters program. I actually hope I lose that $500 (the first and probably ONLY time in my life I'll say that). I just want to hear something... after all the effort we've put into our candidacy, don't we deserve that much?

trust me, you don't always want closure.

but history doesn't favor the njms waitlist. from what i have gathered from both friends who got in and got rejected, last year the numbers like 2-4 total got in off the waitlist and those were in early july. if you look at the way they do their interviews and acceptances, its really top heavy, this year they didn't have another round of acceptances after mid november. with just a few exceptions here and there, pretty much anyone that interviewed after mid november was waitlisted. 2 years in a row, at the first accepted students luncheon in june, they told everyone that the class was already full and in fact overfull. so, if you're going to apply again, do it as early as possible, cause they just fill up the class with their first few rounds of interviews, and it seems like it just never moves after that.

but hang in there, the random drops can and do happen in july. usually after the class is completely set, someone gets in somewhere else or pulls out to defer a year or something like that. you never know, its not over until you get the letter i got.

damn... thanks PE. Though it may not be the response I was hoping for, it certainly helps alot. That means I need to get working on my next AMCAS primary ASAP. Do you know if I have to go through the whole damn process again? Or do they have some of the info already?

it should auto-populate most of your personal info and course-work stuff.

well that's a relief... one more question. Do I have to write a new personal statement?

its prolly a good idea to update it. make it hip and 2005.

i can envision it now, new extra-curricular interests include framing waitlist and rejection letters, writing LOI's, making phone calls incessantly, begging, new coursework: hatred for the oppressive admissions committee, advanced hatred for the oppressive admissions committee, and volleyball.

I am a reapplicant. First off Tim I dropped off the UMDNJ waitlist but this was a while ago. Also mine didnt auto-populate at all. I filled out a new application entirely even though it uses my old AMCAS ID #. Was there a way to move the info over or was it supposed to automatically do it?

oh really? maybe there's some kind of glitch. it auto did it for my friend. i'll check and see if it works for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys... I might start a new thread about this later. I don't plan on starting the new AMCAS until July anyway, after I send a final e-mail to Dr. Heinrich. PE, I gotta respect your ability to still have a sense of humor over all of this ****. That's definitely cool.

all right guys, i got my letter yesterday and it sucks. I really liked this school. don't ever give up

I got my official rejection letter the other day as well. I, too, loved the school, but now I'm just left in waitlist limbo at RWJ...

good luck to the rest! See you all at graduation :)

Sorry to hear that Cutiepi... hope it goes well at RWJ. They were the first school to reject me outright this year. I love NJMS too, so I hope it works out!

Cutiepi27 said:
I got my official rejection letter the other day as well. I, too, loved the school, but now I'm just left in waitlist limbo at RWJ...

good luck to the rest! See you all at graduation :)

sorry to hear it cutiepi, i hope RWJ comes through for you, but if not, we'll definitely tear it up at SOM.

I have a question. For all of you people who applied to this school and got put on the waitlist, when did you submit Amcas? When did you take your Mcats? About what was your GPA and MCAT score? Sorry for all the questions, but Im just curious because I'm going to be applying soon.

Thanks

CarFanatic said:
I have a question. For all of you people who applied to this school and got put on the waitlist, when did you submit Amcas? When did you take your Mcats? About what was your GPA and MCAT score? Sorry for all the questions, but Im just curious because I'm going to be applying soon.

Thanks

Not too many questions, you're certainly entitled to answers.

-Submitted AMCAS in early August
-Took MCATS in april 2004
-GPA 3.5
-MCAT score 28 (B 10 P 8 V 10)

CarFanatic said:

Thanks

GPA: 3.54 from top 30 school
MCAT: 31 (9-9-13)S Aug
AMCAS: July (early)
Interview: they messed up. They sent out an interview like Jan 2 but to a non existent email. It was mid Feb before the mistake was caught.
Tons of good EC's (Habilitation Technician with autistic children full time, Research job in Rheumatology now, etc) and really solid reccomendations.

Withdrew off the waitlist before they could reject me. They said there is almost no movement this yr so I said pz out.

Timmythemic22 said:
Not too many questions, you're certainly entitled to answers.

-Submitted AMCAS in early August
-Took MCATS in april 2004
-GPA 3.5
-MCAT score 28 (B 10 P 8 V 10)

Hi Timmy,

I have almost identical stats as you (but submitted my AMCAS in June). Did you get acceptances anywhere else?

beponychick said:
Hi Timmy,

I have almost identical stats as you (but submitted my AMCAS in June). Did you get acceptances anywhere else?

14 schools, 12 rejections pre-interview, 2 waitlists (1 rejected, military due to medical history complications)

Needless to say, NJMS is my best, last shot.

Timmythemic22 said:
14 schools, 12 rejections pre-interview, 2 waitlists (1 rejected, military due to medical history complications)

Needless to say, NJMS is my best, last shot.

where did you do ur undergrad?

I went to Drew University, a small liberal arts chool in northern nj.

Timmythemic22 said:
I went to Drew University, a small liberal arts chool in northern nj.

Thats really crazy. you have really good stats and I dont understand why you would have a problem with NJM. I am applying this year, and Im a bit nervous now. :(

Nah you don't need to be nervous. Those stats are respectable, but I just may have waited too long to get my apps out. Like advice offered before, get your apps done ASAP, and that will help alot.

beponychick said:
Thats really crazy. you have really good stats and I dont understand why you would have a problem with NJM. I am applying this year, and Im a bit nervous now. :(

If you are wondering about Tim, wonder about me. I still dont have a clue as to why I got only the crappy end of the waitlist. My and Tim's GPA's are comparable but my MCAT is decently higher. I also went to a top school. Yet no love, I got middle of the waitlist. I dont know what Tim's EC's are but mine are definitly above average. I guess I will be reapplying but not to UMDNJ.

BOBODR said:
If you are wondering about Tim, wonder about me. I still dont have a clue as to why I got only the crappy end of the waitlist. My and Tim's GPA's are comparable but my MCAT is decently higher. I also went to a top school. Yet no love, I got middle of the waitlist. I dont know what Tim's EC's are but mine are definitly above average. I guess I will be reapplying but not to UMDNJ.

Im sorry to hear that. And you are a NJ resident? Did you apply to RWJ as well?

beponychick said:
Im sorry to hear that. And you are a NJ resident? Did you apply to RWJ as well?

Yeah I was an NJ resident. Yeah I got waitlisted there too. Bittter? yes I am. Especially since RWJ did not even have a reason as to why I was waitlisted or how to improve my app....

I'm very sorry to hear that, man. RWJ left a bad taste in my mouth as well, rejecting me without any explanation or proper response. Eh, no more of this now, no more thinking about med school. I'm going out to drink, thank you and goodnight.

Any new acceptances? Rejections? Anyone declining? Any news at all?

I'm still hopeful, I don't know if thats pathetic or just stupid...

Received an e-mail from Dr. Heinrich yesterday (great guy, even responding to e-mails on the weekends) and he mentioned essentially what we all know at this point, that there is very little wait list movement this year. All of you who are still on the list at this point do have a chance, at least until early august when classes start. Otherwise, I guess I'll be hanging out in this forum for another year at least. Best of luck to you all.