To NYCOM Class of 2008...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misyel

PGY-0
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been talking to some incoming first years about possibly having a little get-together within the next few weeks or so to get to know one another and provide an opportunity to meet and "interview" prospective roommates... anyone up for that? Any suggestions on where we can have it? One suggested a picnic at a park, another one said Happy Hour... please post! :D

I'll be in NY I believe on June 26-28, so it would be nice to have it then. But if it's more convenient to have it at another time, that's fine... I'm just here to facilitate the planning process. =)

Members don't see this ad.

we had already talked about having one sometime in august when everyone is moved in and before classes start. i have my apartment already and i wont be moving until late july anyways...
but keep me posted if you plan something sooner and i'll try to make it!

oh, and i always vote for happy hour. always. :D

I have to put my vote in for august as well. Maybe we can discuss a good date for everyone on here. Mine would be for anytime after the first week of august. I feel like most people who are not from New York will be there by then and hopefully be settled somewhat. Of course, those are my motives alone and if anyone agrees that would be cool too :D.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm up for pretty much anything :thumbup: anytime :thumbup:

DocLandry said:
I have to put my vote in for august as well. Maybe we can discuss a good date for everyone on here. Mine would be for anytime after the first week of august. I feel like most people who are not from New York will be there by then and hopefully be settled somewhat. Of course, those are my motives alone and if anyone agrees that would be cool too :D.

I'll be in NY by August, so anytime then is fine. I won't be doing anything for the first three weeks, just bumming around, exploring NY and everything else around it! =) Some people were just looking to find an opportunity to meet people to room with... but yah, I'm up for anything! :D

There will be an unofficial get-together (lunch) with some c/o 2008 NYCOMers on June 27th, Sunday, at 1pm at the Ruby Tuesday restaurant in Glen Cove, NY. For more info or to be put on the evite, please email [email protected]. Thanks!

I would forget the Ruby Tuesdays idea... the place is kind of a dump. Go to Steamboat Landing, which is a nice seafood restaurant and located just 2 blocks from Ruby Tuesdays. There wont be a wait for lunch and they have a cool outside bar.

There's also Mara's Italian Restaurant which is also a few blocks from Ruby Tuesdays in downtown Glen Cove. Do a web search for specific addresses.