To retake or not retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Squid0612

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so this is my first time using SDN!
I took the January 23 MCAT and felt pretty bad, but I'm not sure if it was anxiety or what. I basically crammed all of winter break and took Kaplan's online prep course. My Kaplan FL's weren't where I wanted them either, but they were also much harder than the actual test from what I've heard.
Should I sign up for an April one just in case or should I wait? I'm just worried there won't be any spots if I wait til I get my score in February.

Members don't see this ad.

You could play it safe and sign up. The downside of that is you might end up doing well and wasting 300$.

You could play it safe and sign up. The downside of that is you might end up doing well and wasting 300$.
Yeah I guess that's true. Just the idea of signing up for another one after all that endless studying... I just don't know whether my gut feeling is right. Pretty much everyone I talked to said it was rough.

I would wait until the score is released and then decide... If you spend $300 now, then you could get $150 back if you canceled for lack of need but if you've got that kind of money to throw around, I have a bank account number I could send you ;)

Don't worry (easy for me to say) until you see the score.

Members don't see this ad :)
^What, absolutely sign up now. The alternative is a bad MCAT and a delayed application vs losing a few bucks and a good MCAT. I remember last year, people were flying to Guam to get the last few old MCAT seats or fly across the nation only to miss a flight or get sick on test day. Don't be in that situation.

^What, absolutely sign up now. The alternative is a bad MCAT and a delayed application vs losing a few bucks and a good MCAT. I remember last year, people were flying to Guam to get the last few old MCAT seats or fly across the nation only to miss a flight or get sick on test day. Don't be in that situation.

That's what I was worried about!
I actually just checked......No seats left in my state for April so I might go ahead and sign up for the nearest state and then just wait. :(

That's what I was worried about!
I actually just checked......No seats left in my state for April so I might go ahead and sign up for the nearest state and then just wait. :(