To Tufts admittees/current students...

Started by mattyplo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mattyplo

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I don't know how many Tufts folks frequent this forum, but I figured I had to start somewhere... I've been accepted for the class of '09, and have begun (albeit a little early...) thinking about housing for this fall, so I'm hoping to connect with other '09ers, or even current students, who might be looking for roommates.

After a lot of thought on the matter, I've come to the decision that I want to buy a house, rather than rent an apartment. I'm looking for 2-4 folks who like the idea of living with other Tufts students in a house, rather than alone in an apartment. Look at it this way: you'll be living with people to study with, carpool with, and who are going through the same things as you, and you'll have a very lenient landlord (re: me) with no restrictions on pets and the like. I'm looking at places within 5-10 miles of campus, so pretty close too.

The setup will be virtually identical to a normal renting situation... Typical sort of rental agreement (and probably even negotiable for a 9-month term, so you won't be stuck for the summer if you don't think you'll want to stay in the area), competitive rent (the actual amount will depend on a lot of things, but will be at the very low end of rental costs I've found so far myself; and evenly split utilities), and such. For you, from a technical standpoint, it would be no different from renting; all the "risk" of actually owning a place would be on me.

For me to figure out if this will work, I need to find a few people who are seriously interested. I wouldn't ask for any sort of binding agreement until considerably closer to this fall, of course; I'm just hoping to find out if people would be interested, and we can go from there. If you're interested and want more details, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks!
~Mathew