Today's stupid question - UC Davis Career Diversity Form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eventualeventer

Medical Tire Fire
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, you're going to laugh, but I have a question for Nyanko/VAGirl/Pomona/other UC Davis people I'm forgetting.

When they say "provide a written statement", do they mean a handwritten statement, or is it OK to type it and sign at the bottom?

I am really losing my brain with the last-minute second-guessing of myself. Thank you for putting up with me. 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It really bothers me that the form had a typo on it. I don't really want to go to the University of Californial!
 
Otherwise known as Oopsie Davis?

IHeartGoldens, I was pretty sure I was being ridiculous in even asking (but too paranoid not to ask). Really? "Hmmm, she puts too much of a curve in her lower case y. Probably psychotic. Reject!"
 
I typed it, and somehow managed to type in onto the form they provided (I can't remember how though...).

Oh yeah! I printed out what I typed right onto the form, I just formatted the word doc to have a big space at the top to leave room for the prompt. Then I signed it at the bottom.

Then I got rejected.


😛
 
I typed it, and somehow managed to type in onto the form they provided (I can't remember how though...).

Oh yeah! I printed out what I typed right onto the form, I just formatted the word doc to have a big space at the top to leave room for the prompt. Then I signed it at the bottom.

Then I got rejected.


😛

My story is similar, except that I typed it, sent it and then it never got to them.

And then I got rejected.

:meanie:

edit: I am hand delivering all of my supplemental documents and UCD transcripts to the office on Friday. That's not happening again!
 
I agree - I would type anything you're allowed to type for schools. I think it just looks and seems more professional.