Too late to get 4 year AF HPSP???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carn311

Dead tired.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had an active application in early for the scholarship but told my recruiter that I wanted to wait to think about it. I have since decided that I do want the scholarship (less than 2 weeks into school) and I'm told that I will now have to wait and take a 3 year even though they still have scholarships available. She mentioned something about a rule that after the first day of school you are only eligible for a 3 year scholarship...

Is this true or is my recruiter misinformed?

Members don't see this ad.

It just doesnt seem to be in their best interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't it say somewhere in the handbook something about prorated tuition? Or is that if you're already approved, but sworn in after school starts?

By time they got all the paperwork done and everything, it would be November.

If you are only interested in Air Force, your recruiter is correct. You will only be offered a 3 year deal. Since the Air Force has been meeting goal, they would not use a 2012 spot (a 4 year goal in FY08) for a 2011 grad.

Navy and Army(probably), not so. The Navy would be willing to start paying your tuition the day you enter the program. Should you get everything done before the last day of fall term. The Navy would pay for that term. (no proration)

If you are only interested in Air Force, your recruiter is correct. You will only be offered a 3 year deal. Since the Air Force has been meeting goal, they would not use a 2012 spot (a 4 year goal in FY08) for a 2011 grad.

Navy and Army(probably), not so. The Navy would be willing to start paying your tuition the day you enter the program. Should you get everything done before the last day of fall term. The Navy would pay for that term. (no proration)

Would I have to complete COT before the end of the fall?

Would I have to complete COT before the end of the fall?

Oh, no. The Navy would try to get you in this summer, time permitting. If not, you would need to complete it sometime prior to starting internship.