Too Late ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbameen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
~3.2 GPA
28 MCAT

-very good and diverse research and healthcare experience (2000+ hours)
-my experience has been geared towards the general medicine as opposed to specifically podiatry but I will be shadowing and receiving a LOR from a DPM next week
-I have been employed as an orthotics technician for the past year

Am I way too late in the game at this point? Do schools still have seats available? I have been reading through the threads here and it seems people are just interviewing for waitlist spots at this point? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on where you're wanting to go. If you have zero preference to what program or what region you want to end up then I'd venture to say you still have a shot with so much healthcare experience and a really solid MCAT. I myself had zero podiatry geared EC's outside of my shadowing experience and it was never mentioned by any adcoms. I believe the bigger schools still have at least some unfilled seats. The only one I know of that is definitely full is AZPod. DMU may be full as well but like I'm sure you've read, the smaller programs may be to capacity at this point. But yes, overall I think you have a great chance for at least interviewing. Feel free to DM me if you have any more specific questions.

I spoke with a woman at Scholl the other day and she said not to worry about competing for a spot. they typically interview until late may. I just got verified a couple of days ago and already got 4 interviews. So i would say for sure send in your app asap!
Best of luck

Thank you for the hopeful responses! Are there any other schools that are full/very close to being full?