Too many interests...

dizzybanister

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior applying for undergrad schools right now and I'm supposed to decide on a major. The Medical field has been a dream since I was little; I love being with people and working hard and all that stuff. Except last year I discovered computer programming and I just took physics and I LOVED it. I'm also taking biology right now and I adore that too. I heard medical school is mostly memorization and I'm not sure if I want to give up the problem solving and critical thinking oriented with math based subjects. I wanted to know if medical school and doctors are exposed to problem solving and engineering as opposed to emotional and memorization based challenges.

Members don't see this ad.

You don't have to decide on a major until the end of sophomore year in college and even then you can switch pretty easily.

I'm a senior applying for undergrad schools right now and I'm supposed to decide on a major. The Medical field has been a dream since I was little; I love being with people and working hard and all that stuff. Except last year I discovered computer programming and I just took physics and I LOVED it. I'm also taking biology right now and I adore that too. I heard medical school is mostly memorization and I'm not sure if I want to give up the problem solving and critical thinking oriented with math based subjects. I wanted to know if medical school and doctors are exposed to problem solving and engineering as opposed to emotional and memorization based challenges.

I'm getting mixed messages here ("I love being with people" and "engineering").

But why don't you look into BME? Not direct patient care but has a s*** ton of math/physics/engineering with biological applications.

Members don't see this ad :)

Of course doctors are exposed to problem solving, they have the responsibility to diagnose and treat accordingly. Doctors aren't machines that have memorized a bunch of facts over the years and use that to treat their patients. Each patient and case can be unique and doctors need to have the expertise to handle numerous scenarios.

Of course doctors are exposed to problem solving, they have the responsibility to diagnose and treat accordingly. Doctors aren't machines that have memorized a bunch of facts over the years and use that to treat their patients. Each patient and case can be unique and doctors need to have the expertise to handle numerous scenarios.

Error 404.
Does not compute.