top neurologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sk678

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find the leading clinical doctors in a specific subspecialty of neurology, such as neuropathy in my case.
I am not sure how to go about this. Thank you :)

shawn

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately there are no good resources to figure out where the good programs are for most subspecialties other than word of mouth. This site and attendings at your med school are probably your best bet. You will find, however, that neuropath is actually a subspecialty of pathology and not neurology. You would probably get a much better response if you posted this question on the pathology forum.

Neurooncologists are very picky about where they send their slides. Many find a good neuropathologist during their residency and continue to send all of their slides to them because they don't trust anybody else. I would say many here in the midwest send theirs to mayo. Couldn't tell you where the good places are in other parts of the country.

Speaking of top neurologists, anyone else catch Dr.Lublin from Mt.Sinai on Larry King on Monday? It was a show on MS--kinda cool seeing someone on tv who had interviewed me :p

Members don't see this ad :)
The OP said neuropathy, which I imagine to mean peripheral neuropathy rather than neuropathology. The top centers of peripheral neuropathy are Johns Hopkins and Mayo.

When you say neuropathy, you mean peripheral nerve disease, not neuropathology, right?

Johns Hopkins does a lot of peripheral nerve work. Are they the best? Who knows.... But a lot of people there are very good.