Topics and depth of understanding required for quantitative reasoning section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoPharm10

Reaction score
According to Kaplan, the QR section is broken down into:
14% Calculus
19% Pre-Calculus
19% Probability and Statistics
24% Algebra
24% Basic Math

I searched this forum for advice on studying for this section, and so far people have said since it's cut for time you should use Kaplan's problem-solving strategies. However, I'm more interested in knowing: how accurate is Kaplan's percent-breakdown? And what resources are best for someone who is not exceptional at calculus, and has never taken probability & statistics? (I've read here on SDN that Kaplan doesn't go into as much depth content-wise as what's demanded on the test.)

My test is quickly approaching and I'd really appreciate some help!

Members don't see this ad.

According to Kaplan, the QR section is broken down into:
14% Calculus
19% Pre-Calculus
19% Probability and Statistics
24% Algebra
24% Basic Math

I searched this forum for advice on studying for this section, and so far people have said since it's cut for time you should use Kaplan's problem-solving strategies. However, I'm more interested in knowing: how accurate is Kaplan's percent-breakdown? And what resources are best for someone who is not exceptional at calculus, and has never taken probability & statistics? (I've read here on SDN that Kaplan doesn't go into as much depth content-wise as what's demanded on the test.)

My test is quickly approaching and I'd really appreciate some help!

1) Kaplan’s percent breakdown is spot on

2) khan academy online is a free resource to grasp introductory principles in the topics of your choosing. Once that’s down, use Kaplan topics to type into YouTube videos and practice the exact concepts with different #’s.

Lastly, memorize your trig functions inside and out. It’ll save you a bit of time for other more in depth questionnaires.