Topscore Test 3 Results: I think I'm almost ready..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tissy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not getting 20's like most people but here are my topscore 3 scores. I'm taking the test in a week so please give me suggestions on improvement or what I can do to improve..My QR stinks but I'm going to practice practice and did I say practice. I always run out of time on QR...

Topscore 3:
Bio 18
Ochem 19
Gchem 16
RC 18
PAT 18
QR 16

Members don't see this ad.

tissy said:
I'm not getting 20's like most people but here are my topscore 3 scores. I'm taking the test in a week so please give me suggestions on improvement or what I can do to improve..My QR stinks but I'm going to practice practice and did I say practice. I always run out of time on QR...

Topscore 3:
Bio 18
Ochem 19
Gchem 16
RC 18
PAT 18
QR 16

iam getting the same result beside for ochem i get 23. and pat 17.iam worry about my pat. what do you think? :idea:

I'm just going to print out the score test detail report and try to go over what I got wrong. I'm only scoring b/n 18-19 all the time so I'm going to spend all day today on QR and PAT.
RING12 said:
iam getting the same result beside for ochem i get 23. and pat 17.iam worry about my pat. what do you think? :idea:

tissy said:

Topscore 3:
Bio 18
Ochem 19
Gchem 16
RC 18
PAT 18
QR 16

I thought topscore was pretty close to the actual, except i believe your SNS will go up. to improve on these areas, have you tried breaking out the old text books? it certainly helped me. however, generally, your QR and your RC will remain about the same. what is your strategy for RC? are you a slow reader? for QR, doing a lot of practice is my only advise...i did that and i still did poorly :p. as for your PAT, that is also usually expected to go down so really work on the probs you got wrong. gl tissy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the luck..LOL.. My RC strtegy is read the first sentence while skimming through the paragraph and attack questions. It seems like this works better for me after trying other techniques. I'm really scared of RC on the real thing b/c everyone says it's alot harder and you have to read the passages. I'm not a slow reader but retaining the info is hard for me. So I just read the first sentence and get an idea about the passage instead of reading b/c it's useless for me. Thanks for your advice..i'm going pull out the old textbooks and really try to understand my weak points..
Envision said:
I thought topscore was pretty close to the actual, except i believe your SNS will go up. to improve on these areas, have you tried breaking out the old text books? it certainly helped me. however, generally, your QR and your RC will remain about the same. what is your strategy for RC? are you a slow reader? for QR, doing a lot of practice is my only advise...i did that and i still did poorly :p. as for your PAT, that is also usually expected to go down so really work on the probs you got wrong. gl tissy.

tissy said:
Thanks for the luck..LOL.. My RC strtegy is read the first sentence while skimming through the paragraph and attack questions. It seems like this works better for me after trying other techniques. I'm really scared of RC on the real thing b/c everyone says it's alot harder and you have to read the passages. I'm not a slow reader but retaining the info is hard for me. So I just read the first sentence and get an idea about the passage instead of reading b/c it's useless for me. Thanks for your advice..i'm going pull out the old textbooks and really try to understand my weak points..

Hey Tissy,

Contrary to what youve heard on the actual DAT, i don't think its much harder nor does it require you to the passage directly. the difference is, your gonna have to move faster and be more versatile. for example, the answer and question stems are paraphrazed and so scanning for answers word for word like in practice test will not work. also, you might have a lot of those "which of the following is not true" which yes...requires you to have read the article. just skip these and go on. by the time you finish all the simple detailed ones...you should a good enough idea to guess the answer for those. on my practice test, i pulled around a 23 high side, and a 21 low side after using the read question skim passage strategy, and on my actual i got a 21. gl.

Good Luck! I am in the same position

Topscore scores:
Bio: 15/16/17
GChem: 17/18/19
OChem: 17/18/19
PAT:20/19/19
QR: 19/20/21
RC: 20/19/19

I am finally learning conversions today for QR and quite of the few of the science questions I looked at and realized I knew. I hope I can break 20 across the board! I will be studying like a madwoman tomorrow!

tissy said:

Topscore 3:
Bio 18
Ochem 19
Gchem 16
RC 18
PAT 18
QR 16

U can do it!!!!

tissy said:

Topscore 3:
Bio 18
Ochem 19
Gchem 16
RC 18
PAT 18
QR 16

right on par with what I had...except my PAT was higher.

You've got the right ideas. skimming works great on RC. Go over the questions you missed, and read over sections in kaplan or a bio or chem book on the stuff you didn't do so hot on in the practice.

You'll do fine. Give yourself plenty of time to drive into San Diego, or stay the night before in town, and take a deep breathe before you look at your final scores on the computer...just in case you pass out from how high your scores are.

Thanks a bunch!! I hope I can pull in some scores like you..that would be awesome..
djeffreyt said:
right on par with what I had...except my PAT was higher.

You've got the right ideas. skimming works great on RC. Go over the questions you missed, and read over sections in kaplan or a bio or chem book on the stuff you didn't do so hot on in the practice.

You'll do fine. Give yourself plenty of time to drive into San Diego, or stay the night before in town, and take a deep breathe before you look at your final scores on the computer...just in case you pass out from how high your scores are.

Hey Tiss....from what I hear Acheiver's PAT is MUCH harder than the real thing so I believe you can expect that score to improve. What were your Topscore PAT results?

I think if you practice QR, your G chem will improve as well. I would recommend you read Kaplan's G chem again to make sure you understand the topics instead of targeting certain types of questions.
Last but not least... stay away from SDN until you take it. Only log in to ask DAT related questions. Good luck!

That is too funny!! I can't stay away from SDN :rolleyes: ..I really cant. Thanks for the tips..I will use your tips tomorrow when my brain comes back to life..LOL

Mach band said:
I think if you practice QR, your G chem will improve as well. I would recommend you read Kaplan's G chem again to make sure you understand the topics instead of targeting certain types of questions.
Last but not least... stay away from SDN until you take it. Only log in to ask DAT related questions. Good luck!

I agree with everyone else. You know what you need to do from here on out so get to it! *whipping*

Seriously though, don't sweat the QR. You'll be fine.

Thanks Mackchops..what the hell is mackchops anyway..LOL..that made me laugh when I typed it..
Mackchops said:
I agree with everyone else. You know what you need to do from here on out so get to it! *whipping*

Seriously though, don't sweat the QR. You'll be fine.