Tough spot: interview and chances questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AmericanArthurDent

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

This is my first time posting. I am a first time applicant and so far I feel like I've grasped the process. Submitted my primary on June 4th, secondaries in timely manners. I have a decent app, but I know nothing about the post-secondary application process. Some of my friends have interviews already, but I'm sitting here with no word from any of the schools I applied to.

I have a decent app. MCAT 519: C/P-130, B/B-131, CARS-128, P/S-130 with cGPA-3.7 and sGPA-3.6. 200 hours of clinical volunteer, about 500 of wet chemistry research.

As a Minnesota resident, I applied to and finished secondaries for...
U Minn
U Wisconsin
U Iowa
U Michigan
Mayo
MCW
Tufts
Vermont
Penn State
NYMC

...and then ran out of money.

So, my main questions are:
1. Now that I have the funds, should I bother applying to schools that sent me secondaries ~1 month ago?
2. How early should I start hearing back about interviews (assuming I get any)
3. Am I being overly neurotic (probably yes)

Thanks for all your help!