Touro Nevada vs Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR SPARTAN117

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which school is better in your eyes? Interested in Anesthesiology, Radiology, General Surgery. Are these feasible specialities as a DO now or off the table?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything is feasible if you work hard. Dont let the idea of attending a DO school damper your prospects of matchinh into a competitive speciality. Will it be harder? Yes absolutely but it’s ultimately up to YOU. I did not apply to Touro Nevada but I was accepted to NSU so I may be a bit biased but I would choose NSU over Touro. Both will make you a doctor at the end of the day but NSU has great access to research, clinical opportunities and great location for regional residency placement. As for recent board scores and match stats, NSU seems to be cleaning up their act. Everyone has positives and negatives regarding schools but at the end of the day…its med school. Your future is in your hands just work hard wherever you choose to attend and you will match into a great specialty. Sorry I can’t be more informative regarding pros/cons. I’m no expert lol

Reactions: 1 user
Anything is feasible if you work hard. Dont let the idea of attending a DO school damper your prospects of matchinh into a competitive speciality. Will it be harder? Yes absolutely but it’s ultimately up to YOU. I did not apply to Touro Nevada but I was accepted to NSU so I may be a bit biased but I would choose NSU over Touro. Both will make you a doctor at the end of the day but NSU has great access to research, clinical opportunities and great location for regional residency placement. As for recent board scores and match stats, NSU seems to be cleaning up their act. Everyone has positives and negatives regarding schools but at the end of the day…its med school. Your future is in your hands just work hard wherever you choose to attend and you will match into a great specialty. Sorry I can’t be more informative regarding pros/cons. I’m no expert lol
Thank you

Current TUN student. Our numbers are good for board pass and residency placement. I believe in the high 90's for board pass rates and 100% for residency placement for the last handful of years. Not a lot of research opportunities but there is one big pipeline for people interested in neuroradiology. I've heard our rotations are mediocre - I'm a second year. The TUN website has match info if you want to look. Compared to other DO schools, our match list is middle of the road. A handful of people match very competitive specialities per year. A lot of people match the DO friendly specialties that are a little more competitive than IM.

Overall I really like it here and there are no major red flags I've experienced. Plus it's just outside of Vegas which is fun.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current TUN student. Our numbers are good for board pass and residency placement. I believe in the high 90's for board pass rates and 100% for residency placement for the last handful of years. Not a lot of research opportunities but there is one big pipeline for people interested in neuroradiology. I've heard our rotations are mediocre - I'm a second year. The TUN website has match info if you want to look. Compared to other DO schools, our match list is middle of the road. A handful of people match very competitive specialities per year. A lot of people match the DO friendly specialties that are a little more competitive than IM.

Overall I really like it here and there are no major red flags I've experienced. Plus it's just outside of Vegas which is fun.
Ok but like being right outside of Vegas…why didn’t I apply here :(
Haha thats awesome sounds like TUN is a great school! Good to hear from med students who actually say they are enjoying their experience it’s honestly refreshing :)

Thank you! Good to hear from a student!