Touro nv rotate into touro-mi??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOMb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was just wondering if the TUCOM NV students could rotate into the clinical sites of TUCOM MI thanks guys!!

ps posted same thread in the osteo site.

Members don't see this ad.

nope. we have our own rotation sites in NV. we stay in Las Vegas for all of our core rotations. all electives can be done away. We are also in the works of getting rotation sites in Reno as well.

i didnt know tucom-nv students couldnt rotate at tucom-ca sites..it doesn't seem fair. on the tucom-ca rotations site http://www.tu.edu/departments.php?id=75&page=45
..i noticed alot of the tucom-nv rotation sites listed there as well. nv students should be able to rotate at ca sites if ca students can rotate at the nv sites :)

Members don't see this ad :)
from my understandings, the more of us that are out on rotations, the less spots they will offer for MI students. we have to do our core rotations in vegas valley, so we have first choice/prefference for all the spots here. and 2nd pick for those rotation spots will go to MI students.

someone asked this at my interview. we were told (by Roger, if i remember right) that it is possible to do rotations at TUCOM-MI sites.

What is Touro-MI? Is there a Touro campus out in Michigan? I thought there was only Touro-NV, CA, and NY.

Personally, I don't see why it's unfair that Touro NV students can't go to Touro CA for core rotations. The only reason Touro CA is having people go elsewhere (from my understanding) is because they don't have enough spots in the area for their students. So they definitely wouldn't give more of those up to students at another school.

Plus, I think it is a big plus of Touro NV that you get to stay in one place for your core rotations. It keeps everyone near the school, and it is a lot like most MD schools in that way.

nope. we have our own rotation sites in NV. we stay in Las Vegas for all of our core rotations. all electives can be done away. We are also in the works of getting rotation sites in Reno as well.

Reno would be optional right? They would allow everyone to stay in the Vegas area if desired?

What is Touro-MI? Is there a Touro campus out in Michigan? I thought there was only Touro-NV, CA, and NY.

:laugh: I thought there was a 4th one in Michigan for awhile too.

We can do ALL our rotations in Las Vegas/Henderson too right? Including electives?