Touro University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, I do have pharmacy experience, volunteering at a local hospital pharmacy for several months. Also I had above avg stats compared to previous years' average acceptance GPA's. I think it was because I was real nervous to start the interview...it was my first interview. And add that I wasn't feeling too well because of the flu. I sure hope I eventually get in though...good luck to everyone else

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I have an interview at Touro on January 14th. I don't have any pharmacy experience, but lots of research experience. What are my chances of getting in? Anyone?

Stats
GPA 3.2 Overall
Science 3.3
BS Chemistry 3.17
MS Chemistry GPA 3.5 (Expected 2010)

Hello everyone, I have an interview at Touro on January 14th. I don't have any pharmacy experience, but lots of research experience. What are my chances of getting in? Anyone?

Stats
GPA 3.2 Overall
Science 3.3
BS Chemistry 3.17

I interviewed on Nov. 18, too and I received an unofficial acceptance today!

noexp, IMO, you should not worry so much about your GPA. After all, Touro did offer you an invite. At this point, it's important to showcase your communication skills and to show them that you understand what you're getting into. At the same time, show them what your heart desires and why this is the school for you. Good luck! If you need more advice, feel free to PM me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
interview

Stats
GPA 3.2 Overall
Science 3.3
BS Chemistry 3.17

The overall GPA for accepted Touro students was around 3.42~ last year (pharmcas). But I think they also look at other aspects as well such as extracurr, volunteerin, n etc. I think that having pharmacy experience stregthens the application, but since u have lots of research experience that should make up for it... You should be fine. Good Luck to you..:)

Stats
GPA 3.2 Overall
Science 3.3
BS Chemistry 3.17

I have good news for you. I have a GPA below their average.. and I have had no pharm experience and I was accepted.

Rock the interview. Now that you are to the interview stage that is going to be the deciding factor.

Good luck!

Overall my day at Touro is pretty good except one interviewer. The other group had very laid back and nice interviewers but we had a guy that just interrupt our answer and if he doesn't think something is right he would stop you. He basically tear down everyone's answer. Otherwise all other staffs and interviewers were nice. It also seemed like Touro is very rigorous in their curriculum, they do not hide how difficult it is. They said they want to provide leaders in the pharmacy. Anyway good luck you all!

Last edited:
Overall my day at Touro is pretty good except one interviewer. The other group had very laid back and nice interviewers but we had a guy that just interrupt our answer and if he doesn't think something is right he would stop you. He basically tear down everyone's answer. Otherwise all other staffs and interviewers were nice. It also seemed like Touro is very rigorous in their curriculum, they do not hide how difficult it is. They said they want to provide leaders in the pharmacy. Anyway good luck you all!

Yea that guy was an a##hole. He thinks he's the **** or something. The other 2 interviewers were cool tough. Damn I hate that foo that kept on sucking up to that guy.

I agree he was a bit harsh, but I think he is just trying to see how you are able to handle the situation under pressure, and if you are able to think on top of your feet, instead of simply reciting what you memorized.

I think that guy was one of my interviewers too. I think he almost made a girl cry... but like it was said before, I think he just wanted to rattle people and see how they were under pressure. As long as you didn't break down or waiver on your answer or what you put in your app you were ok I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed on medium alternate list, what are my chances??? does anyone know..

Did you interview 12/16? I think Mr. Davis said they pull all the high alternate last year and a few medium alternate. I am sorry to hear that. I am too scared to even email him advance for the result, i'll just wait for it in the snail mail

I interviewed on 12/02. I guess the high alternate list is full now since i was place on medium. i think it will either be accept, medium/low alternate, or reject from now on.

well, I just emailed Mr. Davis and I got placed on High Alternate so it means there is still room in it

Hi,i've just joined sdn. Where should I look to see tips for interview with Touro? I am having my interview on Jan 14th.:xf: Look like I will see at least one of you on that day. I used to have bad experience with group interview since I am not a native speaker. Please give me some advice how to prepare.

How's the writing part if you already went through the interview.

Thank so much guys

For anyone who was in this situation in the past, do you know what the chances are of getting accepted as a "high alternate"? At the interview, Mr. Davis said that eventually everyone from high alt gets in...is that true?

Hi,i've just joined sdn. Where should I look to see tips for interview with Touro? I am having my interview on Jan 14th.:xf: Look like I will see at least one of you on that day. I used to have bad experience with group interview since I am not a native speaker. Please give me some advice how to prepare.

How's the writing part if you already went through the interview.

Thank so much guys

You can find interview feedbacks here:
http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=301

To prepare, just maintain your confidence. The atmosphere of the interview session was so relaxing in my experience. It is evident from your writing that your English is good enough, so don't worry. In our group of five 3 of us were not native English speakers and all of us did well.

The writing part is about common health related problems.

Goodluck, just maintain your confidence, review the interview feedback question and you will do well! :luck::luck::luck:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend some safe areas in Vallejo for me so I can start my apartment hunting. Thanks in advance.

Hello all, I just joined sdn today and I had a question for anyone planning on attending Touro in the fall. Is anyone planning on renting a house or condo with other students on Mare Island or anywhere near the Touro campus? I was hoping to maybe rent a house with other students, but don't know where to start or know of any possible roommates. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hello all, I just joined sdn today and I had a question for anyone planning on attending Touro in the fall. Is anyone planning on renting a house or condo with other students on Mare Island or anywhere near the Touro campus? I was hoping to maybe rent a house with other students, but don't know where to start or know of any possible roommates. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi,
I am planning to attend Touro in the fall as well.I am looking for room-mates and was wondering bout housing as well...:scared:

Hi,
I am planning to attend Touro in the fall as well.I am looking for room-mates and was wondering bout housing as well...:scared:

Hi Guys:

I am in the same boat as you guys... I am looking for a place to rent and I like to share a house, too. Have you visited any places so far?

Hey you guys, I'm a pharmacy student at Touro. I really like it here, we just had our annual basketball game...c/o 2012 vs. c/o 2013. It was super exciting and the class of 2013 was victorious. They will go on to play the College of Medicine next. Then we will be playing against the Nevada campus as a first in school history. It will forever be a school tradition now to rival against the Nevada campus. There is a lot more to pharm school than just studying as those of you who choose to come here will soon find out. Just to give you guys a heads up, High alternates definitely have a good chance of getting in, most of my classmates were high alternates for hang in there. As far as housing goes, you don't have to start searching until summer time. If you want, contact krystle property management in Vallejo, they specialize in renting houses to Touro students. I recommend houses on Mare island as well as American Canyon. Stay out of Vallejo, not a nice area to live. Wait until the school issues you guys your official student email (e.g. [email protected]) then you can communicate with the all students at touro and easily find roommates. Don't worry, everything will work out just fine. Also, be sure you start getting all our vaccinations, you will need to be up-to-date in order to matriculate. Hope this helps, Good luck c/o 2014!

PS... I'll try to check SDN and answer questions, but Pharm school keeps me SUPER busy, and you will all find that out in due time! Until then, enjoy your last days of freedom!

Hey Pillsberry,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing these information with us. Touro is the number 1 pharmacy school for me. I really love the culture at touro, everyone including Mr. Davis, faculties, and students were very nice and friendly. I enjoyed talking to every one of them. I interviewed on dec 2nd and I was placed on medium alternate list. What do you think are my chances of getting in this year ?? I am a good basketball player, may that helps loool
Thanks again for your help

Hey you guys, I'm a pharmacy student at Touro. I really like it here, we just had our annual basketball game...c/o 2012 vs. c/o 2013. It was super exciting and the class of 2013 was victorious. They will go on to play the College of Medicine next. Then we will be playing against the Nevada campus as a first in school history. It will forever be a school tradition now to rival against the Nevada campus. There is a lot more to pharm school than just studying as those of you who choose to come here will soon find out. Just to give you guys a heads up, High alternates definitely have a good chance of getting in, most of my classmates were high alternates for hang in there. As far as housing goes, you don't have to start searching until summer time. If you want, contact krystle property management in Vallejo, they specialize in renting houses to Touro students. I recommend houses on Mare island as well as American Canyon. Stay out of Vallejo, not a nice area to live. Wait until the school issues you guys your official student email (e.g. [email protected]) then you can communicate with the all students at touro and easily find roommates. Don't worry, everything will work out just fine. Also, be sure you start getting all our vaccinations, you will need to be up-to-date in order to matriculate. Hope this helps, Good luck c/o 2014!

PS... I'll try to check SDN and answer questions, but Pharm school keeps me SUPER busy, and you will all find that out in due time! Until then, enjoy your last days of freedom!

Thanks for sharing the information, PillsBerry.

I know it's not that big of a deal, but I FINALLY turned in my supplemental application this past Saturday and got a postcard that my file is complete yesterday! Hee-hee! I'm proud of getting just this part done since I had been "sitting" on the supp app since October! *SIGH* So, I'm curious now... After receiving this postcard, how long does it usually take to get an interview invite? And also curious, has anyone gotten a rejection letter after receiving their postcard? It seems to me that everyone on this thread has received some kind of good news from Touro- acceptance, high wait-list, wait-list, etc., so CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who did! I hope to be joining you guys soon! ;) :xf:

Thank you so much for posting this PillsBerry! I think it's great to get insight from someone who is already a student at Touro. What I want to know is if it is really true that there is an annual American Idol-like competition??? Hahaha, if so, how cool! I'm looking forward to competing in that and looking like a karaoke fool! Hahaha! (If I get in that is!) :laugh:

Did anybody find out if they extended the deadline for the supplemental? I tried calling today and emailing but to no avail.

Thank you so much for posting this PillsBerry! I think it's great to get insight from someone who is already a student at Touro. What I want to know is if it is really true that there is an annual American Idol-like competition??? Hahaha, if so, how cool! I'm looking forward to competing in that and looking like a karaoke fool! Hahaha! (If I get in that is!) :laugh:

Hmm. I mailed mine in Jan 2nd. No postcard yet, grr...

When did you designate touro on pharmcas?

The P1's were victorious, I hope they beat the COM's in the upcoming games! As Pillsbury said, Touro has a great sense of student solidarity, much different from what I experienced in undergrad. It almost feels like a small high school.....you get to know all your classmates and there's no competition, just everyone trying to help one another survive. I have the best classmates in the world, everyone is so nice and chill. From what I remember about last year, there were quite a few people from the alternate list that made in into the school....on orientation day they even had some alternates come as "standbys" in case any of the accepted students flaked. So if you are high alternate, I think you have a pretty good chance of getting into the school. :)

Hmm. I mailed mine in Jan 2nd. No postcard yet, grr...

When did you designate touro on pharmcas?

Shunpo- You haven't gotten the postcard that just confirms your file is complete? Strange. Where do you live? I live near Touro. Not sure if that's why I received mine so quickly... Also, I designated Touro when I submitted my pharmcas back in August of last year. When did you?

They have interviews every Wed + Thurs weekly. And I don't think of it as competing against each other lol, I just wanna do my thing and get it over with haha

what are all the interview dates for touro so far?

sept 16
wed oct 14
oct 22
...etc

are they interviewing once a week, 10 students each?

that would have been abou 40 interviews so far with 10 people each so 400 people alreaady??

Hey koushyarp, medium alternate is not a bad place to be in. Just hang in there. Those who are already accepted may decline Touro as they get accepted to some of their top priority schools, then High alternates will be offered acceptance, and they may decline for the same reasons, and you will then receive an acceptance letter. Just keep your hopes up. I don't know if being a scholar athlete helps with admissions but it doesn't hurt to mention it during an interview if you get a chance to talk about it. Touro wants well rounded students who have outputs for the stress that incurs during Pharm school. Athletics is so big here that we have a student Vice President of athletics. We do basketball, football, raquetball, ping pong, yoga, rockclimbing, snowboarding trips, and a dodgeball tournament...yeah I said it...dodgeball.

Hey tesahelena, yes its true we do host Touro idol, and we have a student that plays Ryan Seacrest, and we have three faculty members that play Simon, Paula, and Randy. It's a ton of laughs and it actually raises money for our class via raffles, and selling baked goods. We want students who are willing to participate in the activities we put on. Besides Touro Idol, we do the Murder Mystery dinner, which is like a theatrical "clue", we do pharmacy feud, we have talent show, and a winter gala. We're pretty much open to host anything a student can think of, these are just some of the ongoing traditions we have so far. I look forward to seeing you get dissed my Simon (aka Dr. Madden) next year. It will be hilarious.

Some "pearls of wisdom" for those who plan to interview. On your written essay, Organize...Organize...Organize. During our written exams, faculty put a STRONG emphasis on organization. Remember, you are going to be healthcare professionals, if you can't communicate your thoughts in a clear logical manner, you are compromising the triangle of healthcare. Also, don't BS. Its better to state what you know for sure than to write something that you are not sure about. Again, think about if you were writing as a pharmacist to a physician about the dosing schedule for a particular drug. Would you guess about the dosing regimen and fax that to the physician's office? No!!! You would ask for more time to look it up and be sure about the information you convey? You do not need to fill up the whole paper either, faculty hate when we fill our exams up with "fluff" Be as concise and accurate as possible. Remember, healthcare is a busy field. So get to the point, and don't lose your reader in a mountain of un-important garbage.

For the interview section...be yourself. Its a lottery as to who will interview you, hopefully you will get one our sweeter, funnier faculty members. Regardless of who interviews you, the faculty can smell generic answers in a heartbeat. Come on, they interview students every year and can tell a prompted answer in a heartbeat. Be passionate about why you want to be here. Talk about real life experiences that have guided you to choose a career as a Pharmacist. Don't forget this is your chance to interview Touro as well. Good luck everybody, hope this helps!

Does anyone know if they are still offering interview invitations?

Hi Buddy,

I mailed my suppl. appl Jan 4th 2010. I got the postcard Jan 14th , then the invitation for the interview Jan 21 2010 (postmarked)

So keep hoping!:love:

Hi Buddy,

I mailed my suppl. appl Jan 4th 2010. I got the postcard Jan 14th , then the invitation for the interview Jan 21 2010 (postmarked)

Congrats!!! I sent my supplemental and recieved the postcard around the same time so hopefully I'll hear about something soon!

Thank you pillsberry for the info. I hope touro accepts me this year.

hey everyone,
I feel so bad for the people in Haiti, so please donate whatever you can to help them out. anything will help from 1$ to ....
you can make donation online using your card. so please help to save lives in haiti. you can use this website to make donations hopeforhaiti.org but there are other organization as well. Thanks

Hi Buddy,

Thank you so much for sharing this, tybidn! I'm so on edge, it's ridiculous! I hope I get the chance to attend Touro too! :rolleyes: Good luck with your interview!

Has anyone heard anything from the 1/13/2010 interview yet?

Anyone now the latest...its too quiet!:confused:

I received my acceptance letter today!! :) My interview was on 1/13. Good luck to those who are still waiting!!!!

I received my acceptance letter today!! :) My interview was on 1/13. Good luck to those who are still waiting!!!!

Congrats CTN05! See you in the class of 2014 :)

Goodluck and best wishes for those who are waiting for their results. :luck: