Transcripts for residency

Started by chelu55
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chelu55

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if pharmacy school transcripts can be sent with the residency application or sent directly to the program. Some programs state that transcripts should be sent directly to the program, while other programs do not state a preference. Does anyone have any idea?
 
I was wondering if pharmacy school transcripts can be sent with the residency application or sent directly to the program. Some programs state that transcripts should be sent directly to the program, while other programs do not state a preference. Does anyone have any idea?

Unless they state otherwise, send it directly to the program. Some programs want the ENTIRE package to come from you. In those situations, take the unopened envelope the transcript comes in and place it directly in the package you're sending.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if pharmacy school transcripts can be sent with the residency application or sent directly to the program. Some programs state that transcripts should be sent directly to the program, while other programs do not state a preference. Does anyone have any idea?

Unless the program says "We want the transcript to come from your institution", I would send a sealed copy in with you application materials.
 
transcript should always come from your school directly to program

I sent plenty of mine myself. As long as they are signed and sealed I don't think there's a problem. Everyone I knew was wary of the registrar sending them and would rather do it themselves. That being said if a program explicitly wants the school to send them, obviously do that.