Transcripts sent to OptomCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Em1850

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
So I wasn't aware till later on that I had to send in my transcript in addition to manually adding them on optomCAS, so I sent over my transcript after I applied...
So I sent over my transcript on Oct 18th, and was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to arrive and to get verified.
Not sure if it matters, but my transcript are coming from Ontario,Canada.

Members don't see this ad.

i sent 3 different school's transcript. Quickest transcript to verify was a week and the longest it took was 2 weeks.

Hi guys!
So I wasn't aware till later on that I had to send in my transcript in addition to manually adding them on optomCAS, so I sent over my transcript after I applied...
So I sent over my transcript on Oct 18th, and was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to arrive and to get verified.
Not sure if it matters, but my transcript are coming from Ontario,Canada.
My transcript requests gave me the option of expediting the shipping. One of them was free and one cost a little. I think it was like a week or more for the non expedited one and <week for expedited.

Members don't see this ad :)
i sent 3 different school's transcript. Quickest transcript to verify was a week and the longest it took was 2 weeks.
You sent your transcript directly to the schools or to optomCAS? I sent mine to optomCAS, am I supposed to send them to the schools also? If so, how would I do so.

You sent your transcript directly to the schools or to optomCAS? I sent mine to optomCAS, am I supposed to send them to the schools also? If so, how would I do so.
No, just request them for yourself and have them be sent to OptomCAS as well from your institutions. That's all.

Edit: Sorry, I edited my mistake.

Last edited:
I sent my transcripts to optomcas. I went to 3 different colleges, so I had to send all 3 to optomcas.

Question regarding the transcripts--after you enter your transcripts on OPTOMCAS, are you suppose to print the transcript request form, and you take that to your current school? I'm assuming this is all done, prior to you submitting your actual application?

Question regarding the transcripts--after you enter your transcripts on OPTOMCAS, are you suppose to print the transcript request form, and you take that to your current school? I'm assuming this is all done, prior to you submitting your actual application?
What I did was I manually entered my transcript on optomCAS then sent in my full application... not knowing I had to send over my transcript directly from my university. So on my personal university page, there was a link to have my university mail in my transcript to optomCAS. It cost me 12$. And as of right now, my transcript is currently still being verified by optomCAS.

To add to the answer above, yes you have to add the transcript request form from OptomCAS to the transcript that your school sends to OptomCAS. There was an option for one of my schools to add any other documents to be sent. For another school I just emailed the form saying I want this form sent with my transcript to OptomCAS.

Reactions: 1 user