transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Da Alchemist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when you apply for the pharm program with no major just prepharm, will they only look for the pharmacy pre reqs gpa? for example calculus is the needed math subject for prereqs. but you have algebra 1,2 on your record, will they count algbra gpa too?

Because I took algb1,2 already before i had my mind in pharmacy. I had C in algb1 and B+ in algb 2. Im worried if i should retake it to have a competitive transcript. anyone know about how the grading works?

Members don't see this ad.

The pharmacy prereq grades are the important ones but yes they look at all your grades, see what kind of overall student you are. When you put your grades into the PharmCas GPA calculator it will use all your courses to calculate an overall GPA and also a science GPA. I really wouldn't worry about a C in algebra unless you have a low or mediocre GPA. If your GPA is solid then it will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 3 bad grades. one C in algb1 , one C in psychology, and F in bio Principles of human body....i failed that class because i figured it's not credited anyways. non credit courses like bio prin. of human body with no lab are invisible right? or will it affect my transcript?

any grade that you recieve will be counted, includingthe F. let's say you aced it the second time around. both your grades will be counted and you will end up with not only a C average, but a greater denominator (which sucks if you are trying to use your other classes to bring your gpa up). so ironically, it's better to take the C than the A the second time around.

yea shes right. I broke into tears when I saw my pharmcas scores. My recent grades are good but I can't hide from my dark past.