Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you know if you have to wait to send your transcript to AMCAS before your spring grades come back or can you send them in beforehand? If you can send them in early, do you have re-send it again after those grades come back? Thanks. (I am just looking to get this application started and finished as soon as possible + this is my worst semester academically (nothing terrible a 3.5 but still my weakest semester so far so I rather not show the med schools this semester unless I have too haha))

Members don't see this ad.

yes, you need to wait for spring grades. either way they're going to get them, so it's better to not delay your application further.

Do you know if you have to wait to send your transcript to AMCAS before your spring grades come back or can you send them in beforehand? If you can send them in early, do you have re-send it again after those grades come back? Thanks. (I am just looking to get this application started and finished as soon as possible + this is my worst semester academically (nothing terrible a 3.5 but still my weakest semester so far so I rather not show the med schools this semester unless I have too haha))

Your choice - if you want to include Spring than wait if you don't want to show Spring then don't.

Nothing in AMCAS says you have to include Spring grades - it has to include all classes taken at that point but since you don't have a transcript for those yet they can't force you to wait. Just list those classes on your AMCAS as in-progress.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on how many semesters are on your transcript. If you're a junior and only have 5 semesters on your transcript so far, I would suggest waiting for the spring semester grades. If you're a senior and already have more than enough semesters, then send your transcript in early.

I am a junior with 5 semesters so far.

AMCAS will verify with just 5 semesters on your transcript. But it's not ideal.

YES, you ought to wait for spring grades. Listen . . . you can't submit until early June anyway, you should have your grades by the middle of May. I promise you, waiting will not slow you down, they process stuff very quickly at the beginning of the application season. Unless you think you really tanked it this semester you really ought to wait. Even then, It'll look strange if you do not include spring grades.

I applied last cycle and didn't include my spring grades. My reason was that I studied abroad spring semester jr year and the grades weren't going to be on my transcript until I got all the coursework approved in September. I had absolutely no problems with this during the interview cycle. So if you think you will have a stronger app without the spring grades, you don't have to include them.