Transfer Back to Previous College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sags2riches

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. So I know this is an interesting and somewhat odd dilemma and would really be open to some honest advice and opinions on the best route to go. If you look at my previous threads you can get some background into the situation, but here it is. I attended my freshman year at the University of Miami. Due to a varying degree of homesickness I transferred from the university to a very small, heavily commuter, rather unknown private university driving distance from my house. It is now that I realized what I truly gave up on. To many extents I turned my back on the college experience, growing to be an independent, functioning member of society, and a much more reputable degree. At the time I thought that we pre-dents can forego the typical college experience, as we have all of dental school to move away and grow, but I realize now that this is only partially true. Also, seeing all my friends go back to whatever big name school they go to while I stay at home, knowing I could have done more with my undergrad experience is tough for me to wrap my head around. While my family is awesome, I just feel like I took 10 steps back and am in a glorified high school. I just remember how in high school I was so desperate to leave and create my own life, separate from the one I had here, and now that I am back here those same sentiments have risen again and it is tough for me to grasp. I am saving my family a reasonable amount of money by attending this institution. I do not know what to do. Please, any advice would help.

Members don't see this ad.

The "college life" is overexaggerated. If you just miss the social life just join more clubs at school. If you miss the independence, move out.