Transfer to Usyd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KTWD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I ended up at UQ, and I am not going to lie I am not a happy about my decision. If you have specific questions why just message me.

I am going to try to transfer to University of Sydney, but there site says they only do that for exceptional circumstances. Does anyone know if a transfer between Uq and Sydney is even possible? I am just so unhappy with the education I am getting at UQ.

K

Members don't see this ad.

did u apply to and was rejected from sydney? If that's the case, it will be easy to assume u are trying to backdoor your way into Sydney...
it has to be agreed between the deans of both schools anyway...

u might want to start by contacting the dean at Sydney.

Just curious..why did u not like UQ?

did u apply to and was rejected from sydney? If that's the case, it will be easy to assume u are trying to backdoor your way into Sydney...
it has to be agreed between the deans of both schools anyway...

u might want to start by contacting the dean at Sydney.

Just curious..why did u not like UQ?

Hi guys

Just to correct a small misunderstanding - transfer between schools does not require the approval of both Deans - that is an old process that no longer exists. While it would be considered good manners to discuss your intentions with the school you are planning on leaving you do not have to do so, and some students prefer not to unless they know they have a place to go to.

Agreed, I would start by contacting the school you are interested in going to - either the Dean or the head of admissions - and explain honestly your situation. You will never know unless you ask.

Cheers
Lyndal