Transfer transcript with one withdraw from course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

letsdothis94

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, so I'm currently contemplating how adcoms might view my transcript from a community college. I took one accelerated summer class at a community college and ended up withdrawing after the recent passing of a good friend (couldn't deal with working full time, managing my studies, and funeral/ mourning). I'm already well aware that I will still have to submit my transcript from the community college despite the fact it was the only class I took through that institution, but what I'm wondering is how adcoms might view this lone "W" on a transfer transcript? I intend on retaking the course at my primary institution and realize I'd be able to defend my "W" if asked about it during an interview, but how might it be viewed prior to any sort of interview? Thanks.


P.s. This is the only withdraw I have ever received and will be the only course I ever retake in regards to my undergraduate coursework.
 
No big deal. 🙂
Agreed. I've had friends with several withdrawals get in and are now med students. So long as its not a pattern (every time a traditionally tough class shows up, you seem to withdraw and re-take) you are fine. People with F and Ds get into med school, so I'm pretty sure this won't hurt you.