Feb 6, 2017
Psychology Student
Fairly recently (January 2016) I graduated from Kingston University in the U.K. with an MSc in Clinical Psychology. However, I’m American and my goal has always been to one day practice in the U.S. I was hoping to potentially become a licensed therapist in the California. I realize now that it’s highly unlikely for my degree to transfer, especially the required practicum hours that have to be completed before graduating.

I suppose what my question is, would it be worth having my credentials evaluated anyway through NACES? (which costs upwards of $400)

If on the on the off-chance my degree would be equivalent aside from the practicum element, would I somehow be able to fulfill that licensure requirement separately?

Pretty sure I know the answers here, but I’m remaining hopelessly optimistic anyway. I’m not 100% sure I want to commit to doing a doctoral degree at the moment.


2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2017
Pawnee, IN
Before doing that expensive option, it may be more useful to talk to the programs that you are interested in. They may have specific guidelines or be able to speak to what they'd want to see to demonstrate course equivalency (e.g., syllabi or something).
  • Like
Reactions: Therapist4Chnge