Transferring Universities GPA Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Healthful

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

So I plan on transferring colleges from the University of Houston to the University of Texas at Austin. I am currently in my freshman year and will be transferring next year. I am in the process of taking 4 science classes this year, looking at a 4.0 in all the classes, and wanted to know if medial schools will look at the overall science GPA from all the universities I've been to or only the latest university I have been to. UT has a point based system for GPA transfers and wanted to know if the med schools will use that system or will calculate on their own. Sorry if this is vague and/or confusing as I have very little insight on the med school application process.
* The science classes aren't the only classes I am taking this year, I am taking a total of 30 credit hours including calc 1 and 2, and elective classes
Thank you for your responses!
 
Regardless of where the credits are earned, they will show up on your application with a row for each year (freshman, sophomore, etc) and 3 columns: "Biology, Chem, Physics and Math" (BCPM), All other (AO) and Total. Both GPA and credits are reported under each header.
There is a row for total undergrad, a row for undergrad courses taken as a post-bac, and a row for grad school
 
Last edited:
@LizzyM @NotASerialKiller Thank you for your quick and informative responses! Got more information from you guys than searching the web for a week. 🙂