Transferring vet schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madd1028

Reaction score
I'm a 2nd semester vet student at ross and I think I want to transfer back to the US. I was thinking I would try Washington, Colorado, and Texas A&M. For my letter of intent to transfer, I was wondering what are some good reasons to request a transfer? No financial issues or family member problems

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm concerned about the quality of education, the limitations of the school being on an island, and I miss home

Do those sound like viable reasons to you?

For what's it's worth, I wouldn't bag on the quality of the education. Ross is accredited the same as the 30 US schools and handful of international school, and held to the same standards. We have several Ross graduates on staff as clinicians and professors at my school who are phenomenal in both aspects. Overall, that specific point probs won't sell your transfer application.

Reactions: 1 users
Do those sound like viable reasons to you?

For what's it's worth, I wouldn't bag on the quality of the education. Ross is accredited the same as the 30 US schools and handful of international school, and held to the same standards. We have several Ross graduates on staff as clinicians and professors at my school who are phenomenal in both aspects. Overall, that specific point probs won't sell your transfer application.
Ok, so what will?

It's different from person to person. Every school that accepts island transfers prior to clinical year looks at it on a case-by-case basis since there are so few and only so many seats to offer.

the limitations of the school being on an island, and I miss home

Can you expand on these as to why you don't want to stay at Ross?