Transferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tsukoi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I had a question: I plan on going to Campbell University for pre pharmacy for my freshmen year. Yet I plan on transferring out to another school before my sophmore year due to personal reasons and it's too costly.

Does this hurt your chances of getting into pharmacy school?

Also the school I'm going to for my freshmen year has a pharmacy school attached, yet I heard I will be denied admission if I transfer out and try to apply to their pharmacy school later on. Is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I had a question: I plan on going to Campbell University for pre pharmacy for my freshmen year. Yet I plan on transferring out to another school before my sophmore year due to personal reasons and it's too costly.

Does this hurt your chances of getting into pharmacy school?

Also the school I'm going to for my freshmen year has a pharmacy school attached, yet I heard I will be denied admission if I transfer out and try to apply to their pharmacy school later on. Is that true?
I'm in a bit of a similar situation, though I do not believe they will automatically deny you for not taking their pre-pharm curriculum there in its entirety, I do think they will not give you preference over the students that do. If you get to the point of an interview you can always explain your reasons for transferring, though on the application itself it may be hard to convey the reasoning.

Unless your program gives special consideration to students attending Pre-pharmacy at the same institution, then no.

Pharmacy schools tend not to care where you complete your courses - although some programs do not look favorably on community college credits. As long as it is another 4 yr university - it should not have any negative effect on your application.

***** but - I am NOT on the ADCOM - So, you should go ahead and contact the school in question, and ask them. This board is an incredible resource - but you should never substitute what you learn here for first hand knowledge.

~above~