Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
99214 will get you like 130 by most insurance companies, with overhead and no shows that’s not too great without the 90833 for a 30 minute visit unless I’m missing somethingWell some of those scheduled 30min end up actually being 10-15 minute stable ADHD + GAD patients for instance who end up not having much to talk about or want to get in and out. So I don't exactly lie and say I spent 30 minutes with them...I bill a 99214 and spend the extra 15 minutes doing something else. Problem is, some of these patients the next visit do have a bunch of stuff to bring up so I don't love scheduling people into 15-20min timeslots, plus that's just not the way I want to run things (I could do pretty well if I just billed all 99214s by time for 30min visits and never worried about 90833s honestly).