Tricare billing on reserves

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teacherman84

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question...I know while moonlighting whileactive duty, you cannot bill Tricare.
What about while IRR or active reserves but not on AD orders?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question...I know while moonlighting whileactive duty, you cannot bill Tricare.

Thanks
I would assume you can or no reserve component docs would ever be able to work near bases as they would be a constant money drain

Thanks

What do you mean by active reserves? SelRes?

IRR is no issue. A reservist on activated orders would be an issue. A SelRes person not on orders, no issue.

Basically if you aren’t receiving pay in exchange for being a government physician then you can bill Tricare. If you are receiving remuneration from the government then you can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What do you mean by active reserves? SelRes?

IRR is no issue. A reservist on activated orders would be an issue. A SelRes person not on orders, no issue.

Basically if you aren’t receiving pay in exchange for being a government physician then you can bill Tricare. If you are receiving remuneration from the government then you can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Great...this is what I thought. Thanks