Try not..only D.O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Airborne29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's more inspiring news to those who continue to work hard and want to go down the Osteopathic route. I live pretty close to one of the main offices, I'd love to get a shadowing spot there!

http://www.advancedderm.com/about-us/

Members don't see this ad.

Here's more inspiring news to those who continue to work hard and want to go down the Osteopathic route. I live pretty close to one of the main offices, I'd love to get a shadowing spot there!

http://www.advancedderm.com/about-us/

Little history on this doc ...

Around a decade ago, he started up a company in Florida called Medical Hair Restoration. Essentially, he started practicing hair transplant surgery in Florida and because demand was good, training was easy, and competition was low, he started training docs in hair transplantation, opening up practices all over the place under the 'Medical Hair Restoration' banner, and placing these trained docs on salary in these practices. Eventually, he had MHR clinics all over the US, and likely had 25-50 docs consulting and performing surgery at 100 or so locations in just about every state.

Long story short ... I'd say 8 months to a year ago, he sold his company to a bigger giant with a similar business model; you guys may have heard of them - "Bosley."

Even though MHR wasn't as strong in the later years as it was in the beginning, I'd essentially look at this 'buy out' as selling your decent sized internet start up to a company like google who thinks it's worthwhile to swoop you up now. I won't even fathom a guess at the amount of money he received for this sale ... but it's likely HUGE.

Anecdotally, I've heard he's a nice guy too. Good for him.

How random.... Years ago, before med school, when I was working in a non-health field industry I did some work for him but I never knew that he was a DO. It was obvious then to me that he was VERY successful and also seemed to be a nice guy, so good for him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Little history on this doc ...

Around a decade ago, he started up a company in Florida called Medical Hair Restoration. Essentially, he started practicing hair transplant surgery in Florida and because demand was good, training was easy, and competition was low, he started training docs in hair transplantation, opening up practices all over the place under the 'Medical Hair Restoration' banner, and placing these trained docs on salary in these practices. Eventually, he had MHR clinics all over the US, and likely had 25-50 docs consulting and performing surgery at 100 or so locations in just about every state.

Long story short ... I'd say 8 months to a year ago, he sold his company to a bigger giant with a similar business model; you guys may have heard of them - "Bosley."

Even though MHR wasn't as strong in the later years as it was in the beginning, I'd essentially look at this 'buy out' as selling your decent sized internet start up to a company like google who thinks it's worthwhile to swoop you up now. I won't even fathom a guess at the amount of money he received for this sale ... but it's likely HUGE.

Anecdotally, I've heard he's a nice guy too. Good for him.

JaggerPlate, why are you always so well-informed about everything? lol j/k its good for business

JaggerPlate, why are you always so well-informed about everything? lol j/k its good for business

Hahaha ... I think I just spend a disproportionate amount of time on the interweb and pick things up here and there.