Trying to educate myself on current US healthcare atmosphere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RoyalDoc

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All!

I have an interview for medical school in two weeks and I want to educate myself much more with the current status of healthcare in the US.

Pros/Cons, proposed remedies if there are any.

I want to speak speak clearly and concise and understand where we might be headed. If anyone knows of a good source(s) I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you.
 
Go to the NYTimes site and read the Health section on a weekly basis. They usually have pretty good pieces on there about the current state of healthcare from which you can form a nascent opinion. The Op-Ed section might also have some pieces every now and then about healthcare - especially with the recent EpiPen crap.
 
In addition to the NYTimes, I personally would suggest you subscribe to Kaiser Health News. I receive daily morning emails with a list of headline health policy and medical news from http://khn.org/

In addition to many articles about the ACA, there are headline stories about opiods, mental health, pharmaceuticals...ya know, fun stuff!