Trying to educate myself on current US healthcare atmosphere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoyalDoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

I have an interview for medical school in two weeks and I want to educate myself much more with the current status of healthcare in the US.

Pros/Cons, proposed remedies if there are any.

I want to speak speak clearly and concise and understand where we might be headed. If anyone knows of a good source(s) I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the NYTimes site and read the Health section on a weekly basis. They usually have pretty good pieces on there about the current state of healthcare from which you can form a nascent opinion. The Op-Ed section might also have some pieces every now and then about healthcare - especially with the recent EpiPen crap.

Read anything and everything written by Atul Gawande.

Reactions: 1 users
In addition to the NYTimes, I personally would suggest you subscribe to Kaiser Health News. I receive daily morning emails with a list of headline health policy and medical news from http://khn.org/

In addition to many articles about the ACA, there are headline stories about opiods, mental health, pharmaceuticals...ya know, fun stuff!