TUCOM-CA vs. TouroCOM-Middletown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LedSmith

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TUCOM-CA
Pros
  • California
  • Great academics
  • 20 years of history
  • Did I mention California?

Cons
  • California - Home is New York.


TouroCOM-Middletown
Pros
  • Close to home
  • Friends in the area
  • Hour drive from New York City

Cons
  • Not a single graduating class
  • No academic gauge
  • "Upstate" New York
  • Close to home

Summary: It's hard to make this decision seeing as I'm a New York resident. Middletown is close enough that I could go home a weekend (which is both a pro and a con, if you know what I mean). TUCOM-CA is a great school in a beautiful place with a really interesting DO program and MPH program. I was accepted last week to both schools and have less than a week to make this decision.