You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts 2021 Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Can someone post the portal page for Tufts? I can't seem to find it. Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
https://vet.admissions.tufts.edu/apply/
From here you just go to the returning users and click log in to continue application, then select dvm first year student.
hope this helps! 🙂
From here you just go to the returning users and click log in to continue application, then select dvm first year student.
hope this helps! 🙂
https://vet.admissions.tufts.edu/apply/
From here you just go to the returning users and click log in to continue application, then select dvm first year student.
hope this helps! 🙂
Thank you!
I'd guesstimate first or second week of January
Really? So if interviews are sent out again not until January, then when will those actual interviews take place?
Really? So if interviews are sent out again not until January, then when will those actual interviews take place?
From the list they sent us interview dates are as follows: January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. Last year they sent out invites starting Dec 30th and more the first week of Jan.
From the list they sent us interview dates are as follows: January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. Last year they sent out invites starting Dec 30th and more the first week of Jan.
Oh wow, so then only giving people a week or two notice.. yikes! Do you get an option of interview date hopefully?
Oh wow, so then only giving people a week or two notice.. yikes! Do you get an option of interview date hopefully?
No idea, they may notify us earlier (fingers crossed) to help with that.
No idea, they may notify us earlier (fingers crossed) to help with that.
I sure hope so!
Last year I don't think there was a choice of date or time... But I may not be remembering accurately.I sure hope so!
Hi all! A little worried. I have not received any emails from Tufts besides the link to the portal for application fee payment back in Sept. When did you all get the info about the Jan/Feb interview dates and financial aid?
Hi all! A little worried. I have not received any emails from Tufts besides the link to the portal for application fee payment back in Sept. When did you all get the info about the Jan/Feb interview dates and financial aid?
Same here..didn't receive anything after that either.
This is the email verbatim:
"Greetings from Tufts University!
Thank you for your application for admission to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. We look forward to reading it!
We received almost 1100 applications for the 98 seats in the Class of 2021. This year’s Admissions Committee is composed of twenty members, including two students, and they have the challenge ahead of selecting a class from this talented and accomplished applicant pool.
Over the last few weeks and through the next few weeks, we are checking to be sure that you have fulfilled our prerequisite course requirements and that your letters of evaluation meet the our specifications. If we have any questions, Patty Finger, our admissions coordinator, will email you for clarification.
The admissions committee’s first task is to select applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 16, 2016, January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview.
THESE INTERVIEW LETTERS WILL ARRIVE VIA EMAIL.
You will also receive an important email from our financial aid office soon. Please note that the financial aid application deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2017, for consideration for Tufts financial aid. All required financial documents must be postmarked by this date in order to be considered for financial aid. You should begin the process upon receipt of the application instructions, since there are many intervening steps before your application is considered complete.
The 30 U.S. veterinary schools have agreed upon a common reply date of April 17, 2017. So, if you are admitted to more than one veterinary school, you have until April 17 to notify each school of your decision to attend. Our February 1 financial aid deadline will allow us time to provide your financial aid award before you need to respond to us and other schools by April 17. This should help you to make an informed decision about attending Tufts.
Please feel free to call our office at (508) 839-7920 if you have any questions. On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we wish you the best in this year’s application process.
Sincerely,
Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions"
I got this about Nov 1 if you guys want to check your spam filters or likewise.
"Greetings from Tufts University!
Thank you for your application for admission to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. We look forward to reading it!
We received almost 1100 applications for the 98 seats in the Class of 2021. This year’s Admissions Committee is composed of twenty members, including two students, and they have the challenge ahead of selecting a class from this talented and accomplished applicant pool.
Over the last few weeks and through the next few weeks, we are checking to be sure that you have fulfilled our prerequisite course requirements and that your letters of evaluation meet the our specifications. If we have any questions, Patty Finger, our admissions coordinator, will email you for clarification.
The admissions committee’s first task is to select applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 16, 2016, January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview.
THESE INTERVIEW LETTERS WILL ARRIVE VIA EMAIL.
You will also receive an important email from our financial aid office soon. Please note that the financial aid application deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2017, for consideration for Tufts financial aid. All required financial documents must be postmarked by this date in order to be considered for financial aid. You should begin the process upon receipt of the application instructions, since there are many intervening steps before your application is considered complete.
The 30 U.S. veterinary schools have agreed upon a common reply date of April 17, 2017. So, if you are admitted to more than one veterinary school, you have until April 17 to notify each school of your decision to attend. Our February 1 financial aid deadline will allow us time to provide your financial aid award before you need to respond to us and other schools by April 17. This should help you to make an informed decision about attending Tufts.
Please feel free to call our office at (508) 839-7920 if you have any questions. On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we wish you the best in this year’s application process.
Sincerely,
Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions"
I got this about Nov 1 if you guys want to check your spam filters or likewise.
I also received that email, it was so long ago that i forgotThis is the email verbatim:
"Greetings from Tufts University!
Thank you for your application for admission to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. We look forward to reading it!
We received almost 1100 applications for the 98 seats in the Class of 2021. This year’s Admissions Committee is composed of twenty members, including two students, and they have the challenge ahead of selecting a class from this talented and accomplished applicant pool.
Over the last few weeks and through the next few weeks, we are checking to be sure that you have fulfilled our prerequisite course requirements and that your letters of evaluation meet the our specifications. If we have any questions, Patty Finger, our admissions coordinator, will email you for clarification.
The admissions committee’s first task is to select applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 16, 2016, January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview.
THESE INTERVIEW LETTERS WILL ARRIVE VIA EMAIL.
You will also receive an important email from our financial aid office soon. Please note that the financial aid application deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2017, for consideration for Tufts financial aid. All required financial documents must be postmarked by this date in order to be considered for financial aid. You should begin the process upon receipt of the application instructions, since there are many intervening steps before your application is considered complete.
The 30 U.S. veterinary schools have agreed upon a common reply date of April 17, 2017. So, if you are admitted to more than one veterinary school, you have until April 17 to notify each school of your decision to attend. Our February 1 financial aid deadline will allow us time to provide your financial aid award before you need to respond to us and other schools by April 17. This should help you to make an informed decision about attending Tufts.
Please feel free to call our office at (508) 839-7920 if you have any questions. On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we wish you the best in this year’s application process.
Sincerely,
Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions"
I got this about Nov 1 if you guys want to check your spam filters or likewise.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is the email verbatim:
"Greetings from Tufts University!
Thank you for your application for admission to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. We look forward to reading it!
We received almost 1100 applications for the 98 seats in the Class of 2021. This year’s Admissions Committee is composed of twenty members, including two students, and they have the challenge ahead of selecting a class from this talented and accomplished applicant pool.
Over the last few weeks and through the next few weeks, we are checking to be sure that you have fulfilled our prerequisite course requirements and that your letters of evaluation meet the our specifications. If we have any questions, Patty Finger, our admissions coordinator, will email you for clarification.
The admissions committee’s first task is to select applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 16, 2016, January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview.
THESE INTERVIEW LETTERS WILL ARRIVE VIA EMAIL.
You will also receive an important email from our financial aid office soon. Please note that the financial aid application deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2017, for consideration for Tufts financial aid. All required financial documents must be postmarked by this date in order to be considered for financial aid. You should begin the process upon receipt of the application instructions, since there are many intervening steps before your application is considered complete.
The 30 U.S. veterinary schools have agreed upon a common reply date of April 17, 2017. So, if you are admitted to more than one veterinary school, you have until April 17 to notify each school of your decision to attend. Our February 1 financial aid deadline will allow us time to provide your financial aid award before you need to respond to us and other schools by April 17. This should help you to make an informed decision about attending Tufts.
Please feel free to call our office at (508) 839-7920 if you have any questions. On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we wish you the best in this year’s application process.
Sincerely,
Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions"
I got this about Nov 1 if you guys want to check your spam filters or likewise.
Ah! Wait I did receive this! On November 1st. Thank you!
Same here. I got nervous when I first saw the email hahaGot an email from them today about FAFSA information but still no interview/deny email
Same here. I got nervous when I first saw the email haha
Got the same email. Hopefully it's good news to come!
I also got the FAFSA email. I'm assuming they sent it to everyone who applied, or at least that's what they made it sound like.
did they sent de FAFSA email to everyone?
Ima say probably yes. But I did see that people watched my video that I submitted for the supplemental essay! So that's something.
Those who had interviews on the 16th, how did it go? So anxious for the next wave of invites to go out!
Wow just got an email saying I got accepted to Tufts... I'm really shocked!
My interview was on the 16th. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I did that well?? I was very nervous and I think it showed. For anyone curious, the interviewers were professors at the university (you get two interviewers). You'll be given a brief CV for both of them in the morning of your interview. The questions they asked were very open ended, which is where I think I struggled. The interview (about 40 min) was more of a conversation than anything. It seems like they were looking at your ability to hold a conversation as well as your understanding of the veterinary field. They asked me specific questions about my application and essay. I might prefer MMI's, haha.
My interview was on the 16th. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I did that well?? I was very nervous and I think it showed. For anyone curious, the interviewers were professors at the university (you get two interviewers). You'll be given a brief CV for both of them in the morning of your interview. The questions they asked were very open ended, which is where I think I struggled. The interview (about 40 min) was more of a conversation than anything. It seems like they were looking at your ability to hold a conversation as well as your understanding of the veterinary field. They asked me specific questions about my application and essay. I might prefer MMI's, haha.
Wow just got an email saying I got accepted to Tufts... I'm really shocked!
My interview was on the 16th. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I did that well?? I was very nervous and I think it showed. For anyone curious, the interviewers were professors at the university (you get two interviewers). You'll be given a brief CV for both of them in the morning of your interview. The questions they asked were very open ended, which is where I think I struggled. The interview (about 40 min) was more of a conversation than anything. It seems like they were looking at your ability to hold a conversation as well as your understanding of the veterinary field. They asked me specific questions about my application and essay. I might prefer MMI's, haha.
That's wonderful! Congrats! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Ahhh congratulations! 🙂 And thanks for your input about the interview!! Hopefully those of us waiting for invites will find out soon!Wow just got an email saying I got accepted to Tufts... I'm really shocked!
My interview was on the 16th. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I did that well?? I was very nervous and I think it showed. For anyone curious, the interviewers were professors at the university (you get two interviewers). You'll be given a brief CV for both of them in the morning of your interview. The questions they asked were very open ended, which is where I think I struggled. The interview (about 40 min) was more of a conversation than anything. It seems like they were looking at your ability to hold a conversation as well as your understanding of the veterinary field. They asked me specific questions about my application and essay. I might prefer MMI's, haha.
I forgot to mention that the interview itself was very casual and lighthearted! I might have made it sound scarier than it actually was, haha. We even talked about topics such as superheroes, Disney movies, and how to keep warm in the north lol
Wow just got an email saying I got accepted to Tufts... I'm really shocked!
My interview was on the 16th. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I did that well?? I was very nervous and I think it showed. For anyone curious, the interviewers were professors at the university (you get two interviewers). You'll be given a brief CV for both of them in the morning of your interview. The questions they asked were very open ended, which is where I think I struggled. The interview (about 40 min) was more of a conversation than anything. It seems like they were looking at your ability to hold a conversation as well as your understanding of the veterinary field. They asked me specific questions about my application and essay. I might prefer MMI's, haha.
congratulations!! thats so awesome to hear!
I received notice of my acceptance to Tufts today as well! It's still barely setting in that this is real...
As far as the actual interview goes, I felt that it was very much more of a conversation and that you should definitely take the chance to ask questions about the program or Tufts in general. I would definitely recommend having an idea of what you want to say, but make the conversation feel natural!
As far as the actual interview goes, I felt that it was very much more of a conversation and that you should definitely take the chance to ask questions about the program or Tufts in general. I would definitely recommend having an idea of what you want to say, but make the conversation feel natural!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow just got an email saying I got accepted to Tufts... I'm really shocked!
My interview was on the 16th. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I did that well?? I was very nervous and I think it showed. For anyone curious, the interviewers were professors at the university (you get two interviewers). You'll be given a brief CV for both of them in the morning of your interview. The questions they asked were very open ended, which is where I think I struggled. The interview (about 40 min) was more of a conversation than anything. It seems like they were looking at your ability to hold a conversation as well as your understanding of the veterinary field. They asked me specific questions about my application and essay. I might prefer MMI's, haha.
Congrats!! Are you going to pick Tufts most likely?
That's such a quick turnover! Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! The next interviewing day will be January 17th, so I feel as if that wave should be coming around soon if people need to book flights.
So I was just stalking the APVMA Facebook group and someone said that they called and apparently the next wave of invites will be going out "by the end of this week," so hopefully that means tomorrow or Friday! There will also be another wave going out after New Years.
Just called to ask whether interviews will really be sent out today or tomorrow, but it seems like their office is closed for the day. We can all relax...for now!
Just called again, seems like they're closed for the break, all. Either they already have sent out another wave and no one on SDN received an invite by chance...or they just haven't sent them out yet.
Thanks for calling for all of us though. I really thought it was going to be today.Just called again, seems like they're closed for the break, all. Either they already have sent out another wave and no one on SDN received an invite by chance...or they just haven't sent them out yet.
Just called again, seems like they're closed for the break, all. Either they already have sent out another wave and no one on SDN received an invite by chance...or they just haven't sent them out yet.
When are they back from break? Do you know?
Tufts isn't my first choice mainly because of costs (lol 60k). If I don't get in to RVC or A&M (my top choices), I'll be happy to attend though!Congrats!! Are you going to pick Tufts most likely?
Does anyone know if Tufts requires that Fall transcripts be sent to the school? If so where? Thank you!
Unfortunately, I don't know. I haven't been able to find a calendar online either. I would assume they will return after the New Years, but I could be wrong.When are they back from break? Do you know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
January 3rd 🙂When are they back from break? Do you know?
January 3rd 🙂
Aren't some interviews Jan 17th? That's a pretty quick turn around to look at flights, I'm hoping for the best for everyone!
Last year they sent out invites on 12/30, which I'm assuming was during their break, so who knows when they're gonna send them haha
I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! OOS 

Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 445