Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts 2021 Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
me too! January 18th 🙂 weird timing for me to get the interview though. my grandma just passed a few hours ago. - i want to tell my family but i feel really inappropriate giving happy news to them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview invite, too! OOS, 1/24.
me too! January 18th 🙂 weird timing for me to get the interview though. my grandma just passed a few hours ago. - i want to tell my family but i feel really inappropriate giving happy news to them.
I am sorry for your loss!
But congrats on getting some good news!
I assume you guys heard by email? Or is there an application status page?
I assume you guys heard by email? Or is there an application status page?
I got an email; and I just checked the portal and did not see updates on interview.
February 7th, OOS!!! Seems like I'm in the last pool of interviews, but I'm so happy to have gotten one in the first place!!!
I'm sorry for your loss 🙁me too! January 18th 🙂 weird timing for me to get the interview though. my grandma just passed a few hours ago. - i want to tell my family but i feel really inappropriate giving happy news to them.
Just got my invite for January 24th OOS!!! I'm so excited! Congratulations everyone, can't wait to see you there!
Interview invite for the 18th yay!!
Mines the 18th as well!! [emoji847]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tufts isn't my first choice mainly because of costs (lol 60k). If I don't get in to RVC or A&M (my top choices), I'll be happy to attend though!
Ah I see..I know 🙁 Wouldn't RVC be just as much though because it is in London and rent is more? Also having to travel back and forth to visit family?
Ah I see..I know 🙁 Wouldn't RVC be just as much though because it is in London and rent is more? Also having to travel back and forth to visit family?
The cost of living for London is estimated at 1000£ per month, but most alumni have said that they don't use that much. Also, you'd only live in London for the 1st year I believe.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same here - OOS CA, nothing yet...
Ahhhh! Got an interview on January 31st. =D
PA resident, heard nothing yet...
PA resident, heard nothing yet...
Same...I sometimes wish they would just send out rejection emails already just so I dont have to stress over all this waiting
R
REB_23
Received an OOS interview invite as well!
Nothing yet, OOS... can't be a good sign :/
Nothing yet, OOS... can't be a good sign :/
Looking back at last year's thread, there was another wave of invites at the beginning of January....SO THERE IS STILL HOPE!!!!

Does anyone know approx. how many people they interview? Also, is it true that anyone who doesn't get in who has interviewed automatically gets waitlisted, or are some still rejected? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am IS and have an interview on January 17th! Very excited! Does anyone know how these dates were decided? Also how long after the interview does it take to hear back from them about if we get in or not? Also how many people are interview each year? Congrats and good luck to everyone!
Looking through the previous year thread it looks like there was a wave of email invites around 12/30, interviews throughout January, and those people started to hear back around 2/19I am IS and have an interview on January 17th! Very excited! Does anyone know how these dates were decided? Also how long after the interview does it take to hear back from them about if we get in or not? Also how many people are interview each year? Congrats and good luck to everyone!
http://vet.tufts.edu/admissions/dvm-admissions/admissions-criteria-of-the-dvm-program/Does anyone know approx. how many people they interview? Also, is it true that anyone who doesn't get in who has interviewed automatically gets waitlisted, or are some still rejected? Thanks!
"Based on the above criteria, approximately 300 candidates are selected for interview each year."
As for your latter question, I'm not sure if that is the case, but did you happen to hear that somewhere?
I am IS and have an interview on January 17th! Very excited! Does anyone know how these dates were decided? Also how long after the interview does it take to hear back from them about if we get in or not? Also how many people are interview each year? Congrats and good luck to everyone!
This is what I was told when Ford from admissions visited my school back in October.
They have specific people they set up to interview you, so I guess they choose your interview date based on that person's availability. They choose your interviewer based on your interests to benefit you in your interview. I believe they said it's possible to change your interview date, but it may work against you since you might have to have a different interviewer.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So, as I'm understanding it, the top applicants were most definitely interviewed mid-Dec, but all other applicant interview dates have no bearing from rank?This is what I was told when Ford from admissions visited my school back in October.
They have specific people they set up to interview you, so I guess they choose your interview date based on that person's availability. They choose your interviewer based on your interests to benefit you in your interview. I believe they said it's possible to change your interview date, but it may work against you since you might have to have a different interviewer.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Tuition at RVC isn't as high due to falling value of the pound (I think tuition is around 40k last I checked after conversion), I also have family in London, so my living expenses would be pretty low.Ah I see..I know 🙁 Wouldn't RVC be just as much though because it is in London and rent is more? Also having to travel back and forth to visit family?
So, as I'm understanding it, the top applicants were most definitely interviewed mid-Dec, but all other applicant interview dates have no bearing from rank?
I don't see why it would matter. Even if the dates were ranked in some way (which I don't think they are) it's not like they could make their decisions all from the earlier jan dates and then tell everyone else 'whoops we picked all our candidates already your interview is cancelled.'
It makes more sense that they're divvied out by interest, especially because didn't we have to rank them on VMCAS?
So, as I'm understanding it, the top applicants were most definitely interviewed mid-Dec, but all other applicant interview dates have no bearing from rank?
Their first round of December interviews was for top students with in-state schools. I went to open house and they described this as their method, so that they could impress these applicants before their IS school had the opportunity.
Do we have to contact them to confirm our interview? The only thing I saw was to contact them if we chose to decline it, but I didn't know if we had to confirm it since I had to with Purdue. I just didn't want to miss that.
To me it looks like we only call if you need to cancel (or have questions) but no need to call or email to confirm?
From my experience interviewing at another school, the do not schedule for more than they can do in one day, so we do not need to worry about losing the interview by not confirming in time. If someone cancels, that slot will just be empty; or other people could reschedule within that same day. I interviewed 30min before my scheduled time because the person before me cancelled and I already arrived at that time. Not sure if this is the case for Tufts though.
To me it looks like we only call if you need to cancel (or have questions) but no need to call or email to confirm?
From my experience interviewing at another school, the do not schedule for more than they can do in one day, so we do not need to worry about losing the interview by not confirming in time. If someone cancels, that slot will just be empty; or other people could reschedule within that same day. I interviewed 30min before my scheduled time because the person before me cancelled and I already arrived at that time. Not sure if this is the case for Tufts though.
Okay, thanks! I wasn't sure if I was missing something.
OOS TX, still no news....how many more waves are they supposed to be sending out?
No way of knowing. It seems like they sent invites for all the dates last week, but it doesn't mean they won't send out more, especially if some interviews are declined by people who have been accepted at their IS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I
Ilovemycat89980
I got an interview, I'm so excited. I didn't expect one since they had a record number of applicants this year!
I got an interview, I'm so excited. I didn't expect one since they had a record number of applicants this year!
Congrats and good luck! Did you get the invitation today or when everyone else got it last week?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Can people who got interviews post their stats please? It would be really helpful!
Also, have any rejection letters gone out at all or is that all sent out at the same time once all interviews have been offered?
Also, have any rejection letters gone out at all or is that all sent out at the same time once all interviews have been offered?
I
Ilovemycat89980
Congrats and good luck! Did you get the invitation today or when everyone else got it last week?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks! I got it last week.
Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.78 (its gone up a bit since last semester though)
GRE :155Q 157V 4W
vet hours: about 500, includes small, large and exotic
animal hours: over 1,000
cGPA 3.28
sGPA 3.79
Last 45 GPA 4.0
GRE 156V, 162Q 4.5W
Vet Hours: 980 but not very varied, only at one small animal emergency clinic. It included small animal, exotic, and avian.
I'm a nontraditional student, so I'm not sure how that factored into it.
sGPA 3.79
Last 45 GPA 4.0
GRE 156V, 162Q 4.5W
Vet Hours: 980 but not very varied, only at one small animal emergency clinic. It included small animal, exotic, and avian.
I'm a nontraditional student, so I'm not sure how that factored into it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 444
