Tufts 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too! January 30th!!!! OOS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got one too!! 1/17!! So PUMPED, Tufts is my absolute dream school!!

me too! January 18th :) weird timing for me to get the interview though. my grandma just passed a few hours ago. - i want to tell my family but i feel really inappropriate giving happy news to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! Oh my, conflicts with another. Going to have to make some choices here. So excited! :).

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview invite on January 30th!!! I am OOS
Did not really expect to hear from any school this week, so big big surprise! :D

Reactions: 2 users
me too! January 18th :) weird timing for me to get the interview though. my grandma just passed a few hours ago. - i want to tell my family but i feel really inappropriate giving happy news to them.

I am sorry for your loss!

But congrats on getting some good news!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite for the 18th yay!!

I assume you guys heard by email? Or is there an application status page?

Wooo interview for the 30th as well! (OOS)

February 7th, OOS!!! Seems like I'm in the last pool of interviews, but I'm so happy to have gotten one in the first place!!!

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my invite for January 24th OOS!!! I'm so excited! Congratulations everyone, can't wait to see you there!

Interview on the 18th as well. OOS. I'm so excited and was not expecting any emails this week from anyone.

Interview for 2/7! Do we need to submit a fall transcript does anyone know?

Tufts isn't my first choice mainly because of costs (lol 60k). If I don't get in to RVC or A&M (my top choices), I'll be happy to attend though!

Ah I see..I know :( Wouldn't RVC be just as much though because it is in London and rent is more? Also having to travel back and forth to visit family?

Ah I see..I know :( Wouldn't RVC be just as much though because it is in London and rent is more? Also having to travel back and forth to visit family?

The cost of living for London is estimated at 1000£ per month, but most alumni have said that they don't use that much. Also, you'd only live in London for the 1st year I believe.

I'm OOS CA, still haven't heard.

Got an interview on Jan 30th! OOS from California

Just got an interview for 1/31!! OOS! :soexcited:

Ahhhh! Got an interview on January 31st. =D

Nothing yet, OOS... can't be a good sign :/

Looking back at last year's thread, there was another wave of invites at the beginning of January....SO THERE IS STILL HOPE!!!!:xf:

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know approx. how many people they interview? Also, is it true that anyone who doesn't get in who has interviewed automatically gets waitlisted, or are some still rejected? Thanks!

OOS New York resident no response yet! Maybe they haven't sent out for all states yet! Let's all hope

Has anyone ever heard of them being flexible with dates-- changing an interview day?

I am IS and have an interview on January 17th! Very excited! Does anyone know how these dates were decided? Also how long after the interview does it take to hear back from them about if we get in or not? Also how many people are interview each year? Congrats and good luck to everyone!

I am IS and have an interview on January 17th! Very excited! Does anyone know how these dates were decided? Also how long after the interview does it take to hear back from them about if we get in or not? Also how many people are interview each year? Congrats and good luck to everyone!
Looking through the previous year thread it looks like there was a wave of email invites around 12/30, interviews throughout January, and those people started to hear back around 2/19

Does anyone know approx. how many people they interview? Also, is it true that anyone who doesn't get in who has interviewed automatically gets waitlisted, or are some still rejected? Thanks!
http://vet.tufts.edu/admissions/dvm-admissions/admissions-criteria-of-the-dvm-program/

"Based on the above criteria, approximately 300 candidates are selected for interview each year."

As for your latter question, I'm not sure if that is the case, but did you happen to hear that somewhere?

This is what I was told when Ford from admissions visited my school back in October.
They have specific people they set up to interview you, so I guess they choose your interview date based on that person's availability. They choose your interviewer based on your interests to benefit you in your interview. I believe they said it's possible to change your interview date, but it may work against you since you might have to have a different interviewer.

This is what I was told when Ford from admissions visited my school back in October.
They have specific people they set up to interview you, so I guess they choose your interview date based on that person's availability. They choose your interviewer based on your interests to benefit you in your interview. I believe they said it's possible to change your interview date, but it may work against you since you might have to have a different interviewer.

So, as I'm understanding it, the top applicants were most definitely interviewed mid-Dec, but all other applicant interview dates have no bearing from rank?

Tuition at RVC isn't as high due to falling value of the pound (I think tuition is around 40k last I checked after conversion), I also have family in London, so my living expenses would be pretty low.

So, as I'm understanding it, the top applicants were most definitely interviewed mid-Dec, but all other applicant interview dates have no bearing from rank?

I don't see why it would matter. Even if the dates were ranked in some way (which I don't think they are) it's not like they could make their decisions all from the earlier jan dates and then tell everyone else 'whoops we picked all our candidates already your interview is cancelled.'

It makes more sense that they're divvied out by interest, especially because didn't we have to rank them on VMCAS?

Their first round of December interviews was for top students with in-state schools. I went to open house and they described this as their method, so that they could impress these applicants before their IS school had the opportunity.

Do we have to contact them to confirm our interview? The only thing I saw was to contact them if we chose to decline it, but I didn't know if we had to confirm it since I had to with Purdue. I just didn't want to miss that.

Do we have to contact them to confirm our interview? The only thing I saw was to contact them if we chose to decline it, but I didn't know if we had to confirm it since I had to with Purdue. I just didn't want to miss that.

To me it looks like we only call if you need to cancel (or have questions) but no need to call or email to confirm?
From my experience interviewing at another school, the do not schedule for more than they can do in one day, so we do not need to worry about losing the interview by not confirming in time. If someone cancels, that slot will just be empty; or other people could reschedule within that same day. I interviewed 30min before my scheduled time because the person before me cancelled and I already arrived at that time. Not sure if this is the case for Tufts though.

To me it looks like we only call if you need to cancel (or have questions) but no need to call or email to confirm?
From my experience interviewing at another school, the do not schedule for more than they can do in one day, so we do not need to worry about losing the interview by not confirming in time. If someone cancels, that slot will just be empty; or other people could reschedule within that same day. I interviewed 30min before my scheduled time because the person before me cancelled and I already arrived at that time. Not sure if this is the case for Tufts though.

Okay, thanks! I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

OOS TX, still no news....how many more waves are they supposed to be sending out?

No way of knowing. It seems like they sent invites for all the dates last week, but it doesn't mean they won't send out more, especially if some interviews are declined by people who have been accepted at their IS.

I got an interview, I'm so excited. I didn't expect one since they had a record number of applicants this year!

I got an interview, I'm so excited. I didn't expect one since they had a record number of applicants this year!

Congrats and good luck! Did you get the invitation today or when everyone else got it last week?

Can people who got interviews post their stats please? It would be really helpful!

Also, have any rejection letters gone out at all or is that all sent out at the same time once all interviews have been offered?

Congrats and good luck! Did you get the invitation today or when everyone else got it last week?

Thanks! I got it last week.
Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.78 (its gone up a bit since last semester though)
GRE :155Q 157V 4W
vet hours: about 500, includes small, large and exotic
animal hours: over 1,000

cGPA 3.28
sGPA 3.79
Last 45 GPA 4.0
GRE 156V, 162Q 4.5W
Vet Hours: 980 but not very varied, only at one small animal emergency clinic. It included small animal, exotic, and avian.

I'm a nontraditional student, so I'm not sure how that factored into it.