tufts adcom meeting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteveHolt!

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember when tufts is meeting to make a decision on the first third of interviewees? I already forgot.

Steve Holt!

Members don't see this ad.

SteveHolt! said:
Does anyone remember when tufts is meeting to make a decision on the first third of interviewees? I already forgot.

Steve Holt!

12/13 is when they meet, so I suppose we should know sometime next week. Despite being extremely well aware of this fact, I still compulsively check my mail and e-mail with obnoxious frequency in the hopes that an acceptance letter will somehow grow in there.

silas2642 said:
12/13 is when they meet, so I suppose we should know sometime next week. Despite being extremely well aware of this fact, I still compulsively check my mail and e-mail with obnoxious frequency in the hopes that an acceptance letter will somehow grow in there.

any idea on when they send out the next round of interview invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
owenmichael said:
any idea on when they send out the next round of interview invites?

Not a clue. I don't know, but judging from the Interview invite thread, it kind of seems like they should be sending out some more invites relatively soon because no one has posted there in forever. Tufts is weird, and they're system seems kind of slow. Good luck.

i guess today's the day they meet. good luck to all. oh but, mostly to...

Steve Holt!

It has been so long since I've heard anything from tufts that I'm not sure I actually applied there.

Has anybody who has been complete at Tufts in the beginning of November already got an interview invite?

DrKitty said:
Has anybody who has been complete at Tufts in the beginning of November already got an interview invite?

My friend just got an interview invite from Tufts today. He was complete early November. I am waiting to hear any day now if I got in!!! I interviewed 11/30.

I thought you all might like to know---

I heard that the decisions will be either received on Tues, Dec. 20th or send out by that day. So its coming!

minnie2240 said:
I thought you all might like to know---

I heard that the decisions will be either received on Tues, Dec. 20th or send out by that day. So its coming!

I am so nervous!!! If that thin little envelope comes I think I'm going to cry :oops:

silas2642 said:
I am so nervous!!! If that thin little envelope comes I think I'm going to cry :oops:

Don't be so nervous! Doesn't Tufts give the majority of its interviewees the Delayed Decision letter?? I'm hoping I don't get that, but I'd prefer it over a rejection.

SpiderMD said:
Don't be so nervous! Doesn't Tufts give the majority of its interviewees the Delayed Decision letter?? I'm hoping I don't get that, but I'd prefer it over a rejection.

I interviewed 11/29. They had tried to schedule me much later but I got an earlier time and got into this bracket.

so I am eagerly awaiting some news next week!!!

SpiderMD said:

From where did you hear that Tufts mostly gives the delayed decision letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
ive heard the same thing....from current students...they tend to defer most early interviewees till april or so

ILLmatic said:
ive heard the same thing....from current students...they tend to defer most early interviewees till april or so

That's so stupid! Why even send out a letter at all?

EZMcFlo said:
That's so stupid! Why even send out a letter at all?

It is stupid, but they want to compare you to the rest of the application pool before they make a decision. I know the letter will be a deferred decision or a rejection, and I know that this will freak me out. I want a straight up acceptance. Can you tell I don't have any patience? This is why I want to be a doctor and not a patient.

I just got an e-mail from Tufts saying I've been accepted to the regular MD program, and that decision letters will be mailed tomorrow. I hope everyone who posted here got good news as well.

SpiderMD said:
I heard it from the students on my interview day and just like Silas mentioned, if you interviewed in the Fall or Winter it's not uncommon for you to receive a delayed decision letter. (http://www.tufts.edu/med/admissions/selected/b_delayed_decision.html)

me, too. (my first one!)

silas2642 said:
Congrats!! My first acceptance too! Do you think you're going to go?

Congrats to you, too. :)

I dunno if I'm going to go. It's pretty high on my list, but I'm also interested in some of the other places I have interviews at. I've only heard good things from students who go there, though.

Right now I'm just sky high about getting in. The first one is soooo sweet.

Congrats! I too got accepted today. Perhaps I'll see you all next year!

Congrats to all who got the acceptance e-mail. For everyone who interviewed and hasn't received the e-mail, ummm, including me, ummm.

Hey guys,
for those of you who interviewed at tufts, how were the interviews? do they mostly want to get to know you or grill you with ethical questions? my interview is the first week of january.
thanks!!

doctoresse said:
Hey guys,
for those of you who interviewed at tufts, how were the interviews? do they mostly want to get to know you or grill you with ethical questions? my interview is the first week of january.
thanks!!

Both my interviews were informal. Neither interviewer asked anything about ethics or health care. They just asked questions about experiences in my app. Overall it was low stress, conversational and actually enjoyable. Other students I talked to had different experiences, though. In particular there was one interviewer who was asking intense questions like "what is logic?" and "are people smarter today than they were 20,000 years ago?".

doctoresse said:
Hey guys,
thanks!!

Umm, not to scare you or anything, but it was my hardest interview. I think it completely depends on who you get, though. By the way, did you know there's an interview feedback thing on SDN? I actually didn't post anything there, so here are a few questions my first interviewer asked:

What is the color yellow?
What is life?
Define Human with one word.
What is passion?
What is compassion?
Compare ethics with morals.
Do you think we're more intelligent today than men alive in the stone age?

Yeah, I know. As crazy as the questions were, I surprised myself at how composed I was and how thoughtfully I answered the questions. My second interviewer was all caught up on this idea of "marriage" to the school you attend, and pretty much asking why I thought Tufts was the place for me. We spent half an hour discussing this, with him re-phrasing the question in like ten different ways.

I guess just make sure you know what you're looking for in a school, and be prepared to think outside the box, if you know what I mean. The Dean seemed really cool, though, and he's pretty funny. He does a good job of making you relax before the interview. Good Luck!!!

EZMcFlo said:
Umm, not to scare you or anything, but it was my hardest interview. I think it completely depends on who you get, though. By the way, did you know there's an interview feedback thing on SDN? I actually didn't post anything there, so here are a few questions my first interviewer asked:

What is the color yellow?
What is life?
Define Human with one word.
What is passion?
What is compassion?
Compare ethics with morals.
Do you think we're more intelligent today than men alive in the stone age?

Yeah, I know. As crazy as the questions were, I surprised myself at how composed I was and how thoughtfully I answered the questions. My second interviewer was all caught up on this idea of "marriage" to the school you attend, and pretty much asking why I thought Tufts was the place for me. We spent half an hour discussing this, with him re-phrasing the question in like ten different ways.

I guess just make sure you know what you're looking for in a school, and be prepared to think outside the box, if you know what I mean. The Dean seemed really cool, though, and he's pretty funny. He does a good job of making you relax before the interview. Good Luck!!!

oooh you got the elton john guy. tough luck. I got to interview with the dean of admissions, and a very cool student.

lexy10 said:
Congrats! I too got accepted today. Perhaps I'll see you all next year!

I just got the acceptance email too!!! So unexpected but amazing!!

Don't know if I wlll go yet, still waiting on other schools but I loved it.

only problem I have with Tufts (beside the fact they didn't e-mail me today) is the price. Who charges $40094? Couldn't they find a way to bring it down, I can't understand it. Perhaps the government should pay for all of us to be doctors.

justskipee said:
Congrats to all who got the acceptance e-mail. For everyone who interviewed and hasn't received the e-mail, ummm, including me, ummm.

You mean me for example? Are the 2 of us up the creek when it comes to Tufts?

Dave_D said:
in the same boat, interviewed the first week of november.

Dave_D said:

Probably just means that they deferred a decision on us for now, or we are rejected. I don't really know. Just trying to use logic.

also got in yesterday. interviewed nov. 8th. interviews were laid back. talked about scuba diving and cooking for a while in one of them.

I got the thin envelope friday (12/16) but it was a delayed decision.

I am somewhat dissapointed but not all that suprised. I just wanted to get an acceptance so I could know what I'll be doing next year. Oh well I can wait.

I suppose now I've lost my advantage of interviewing early though.

Still waiting on decision but I'm pretty sure (95%) that I would be turning down an offer of acceptance. Once finals are over I'll probably think about it compared to other schools.

Anyone still waiting for their letter? I know it's the holidays and all, but I live in Boston, and I think a week is a little slow. Anyone know if maybe they're not sending everyone who interviewed in early November a letter now? Like maybe they didn't have time to meet about all of us, I'm hoping?

EZMcFlo said:
Anyone still waiting for their letter? I know it's the holidays and all, but I live in Boston, and I think a week is a little slow. Anyone know if maybe they're not sending everyone who interviewed in early November a letter now? Like maybe they didn't have time to meet about all of us, I'm hoping?

I'm still waiting on a letter. I live in the South, so I figured maybe that was causing the delay. I interviewed in December and I'm pretty sure that other people that interviewed the same day have received acceptances.