tufts adcom meeting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteveHolt!

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
38
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
Does anyone remember when tufts is meeting to make a decision on the first third of interviewees? I already forgot.

Steve Holt!
 

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
16
SteveHolt! said:
Does anyone remember when tufts is meeting to make a decision on the first third of interviewees? I already forgot.

Steve Holt!

12/13 is when they meet, so I suppose we should know sometime next week. Despite being extremely well aware of this fact, I still compulsively check my mail and e-mail with obnoxious frequency in the hopes that an acceptance letter will somehow grow in there.
 

owenmichael

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
269
Reaction score
0
silas2642 said:
12/13 is when they meet, so I suppose we should know sometime next week. Despite being extremely well aware of this fact, I still compulsively check my mail and e-mail with obnoxious frequency in the hopes that an acceptance letter will somehow grow in there.


any idea on when they send out the next round of interview invites?
 

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
16
owenmichael said:
any idea on when they send out the next round of interview invites?

Not a clue. I don't know, but judging from the Interview invite thread, it kind of seems like they should be sending out some more invites relatively soon because no one has posted there in forever. Tufts is weird, and they're system seems kind of slow. Good luck.
 

SteveHolt!

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
i guess today's the day they meet. good luck to all. oh but, mostly to...

Steve Holt!
 

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Messages
7,268
Reaction score
12
It has been so long since I've heard anything from tufts that I'm not sure I actually applied there.
 

DrKitty

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
607
Reaction score
3
Has anybody who has been complete at Tufts in the beginning of November already got an interview invite?
 

Opallife

Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
DrKitty said:
Has anybody who has been complete at Tufts in the beginning of November already got an interview invite?

My friend just got an interview invite from Tufts today. He was complete early November. I am waiting to hear any day now if I got in!!! I interviewed 11/30.
 

minnie2240

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
197
Reaction score
0
I thought you all might like to know---

I heard that the decisions will be either received on Tues, Dec. 20th or send out by that day. So its coming!
 

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
16
minnie2240 said:
I thought you all might like to know---

I heard that the decisions will be either received on Tues, Dec. 20th or send out by that day. So its coming!


I am so nervous!!! If that thin little envelope comes I think I'm going to cry :oops:
 

SpiderMD

Susie Bad Girl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
silas2642 said:
I am so nervous!!! If that thin little envelope comes I think I'm going to cry :oops:

Don't be so nervous! Doesn't Tufts give the majority of its interviewees the Delayed Decision letter?? I'm hoping I don't get that, but I'd prefer it over a rejection.
 

Flyfisher

On Target: Med School
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
SpiderMD said:
Don't be so nervous! Doesn't Tufts give the majority of its interviewees the Delayed Decision letter?? I'm hoping I don't get that, but I'd prefer it over a rejection.

I interviewed 11/29. They had tried to schedule me much later but I got an earlier time and got into this bracket.

so I am eagerly awaiting some news next week!!!
 

MedChef

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
SpiderMD said:
Don't be so nervous! Doesn't Tufts give the majority of its interviewees the Delayed Decision letter?? I'm hoping I don't get that, but I'd prefer it over a rejection.


From where did you hear that Tufts mostly gives the delayed decision letter?
 
Members don't see this ad :)

ILLmatic

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
ive heard the same thing....from current students...they tend to defer most early interviewees till april or so
 

EZMcFlo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2005
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
ILLmatic said:
ive heard the same thing....from current students...they tend to defer most early interviewees till april or so

That's so stupid! Why even send out a letter at all?
 

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
16
EZMcFlo said:
That's so stupid! Why even send out a letter at all?

It is stupid, but they want to compare you to the rest of the application pool before they make a decision. I know the letter will be a deferred decision or a rejection, and I know that this will freak me out. I want a straight up acceptance. Can you tell I don't have any patience? This is why I want to be a doctor and not a patient.
 

eachpeach

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
I just got an e-mail from Tufts saying I've been accepted to the regular MD program, and that decision letters will be mailed tomorrow. I hope everyone who posted here got good news as well.



SpiderMD said:
I heard it from the students on my interview day and just like Silas mentioned, if you interviewed in the Fall or Winter it's not uncommon for you to receive a delayed decision letter. (http://www.tufts.edu/med/admissions/selected/b_delayed_decision.html)
 

razen_x

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
me, too. (my first one!)
 

razen_x

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
silas2642 said:
Congrats!! My first acceptance too! Do you think you're going to go?

Congrats to you, too. :)

I dunno if I'm going to go. It's pretty high on my list, but I'm also interested in some of the other places I have interviews at. I've only heard good things from students who go there, though.

Right now I'm just sky high about getting in. The first one is soooo sweet.
 

lexy10

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Congrats! I too got accepted today. Perhaps I'll see you all next year!
 

justskipee

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
328
Reaction score
2
Congrats to all who got the acceptance e-mail. For everyone who interviewed and hasn't received the e-mail, ummm, including me, ummm.
 
Members don't see this ad :)

doctoresse

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,
for those of you who interviewed at tufts, how were the interviews? do they mostly want to get to know you or grill you with ethical questions? my interview is the first week of january.
thanks!!
 

razen_x

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
doctoresse said:
Hey guys,
for those of you who interviewed at tufts, how were the interviews? do they mostly want to get to know you or grill you with ethical questions? my interview is the first week of january.
thanks!!

Both my interviews were informal. Neither interviewer asked anything about ethics or health care. They just asked questions about experiences in my app. Overall it was low stress, conversational and actually enjoyable. Other students I talked to had different experiences, though. In particular there was one interviewer who was asking intense questions like "what is logic?" and "are people smarter today than they were 20,000 years ago?".
 

EZMcFlo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2005
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
doctoresse said:
Hey guys,
for those of you who interviewed at tufts, how were the interviews? do they mostly want to get to know you or grill you with ethical questions? my interview is the first week of january.
thanks!!

Umm, not to scare you or anything, but it was my hardest interview. I think it completely depends on who you get, though. By the way, did you know there's an interview feedback thing on SDN? I actually didn't post anything there, so here are a few questions my first interviewer asked:

What is the color yellow?
What is life?
Define Human with one word.
What is passion?
What is compassion?
Compare ethics with morals.
Do you think we're more intelligent today than men alive in the stone age?

Yeah, I know. As crazy as the questions were, I surprised myself at how composed I was and how thoughtfully I answered the questions. My second interviewer was all caught up on this idea of "marriage" to the school you attend, and pretty much asking why I thought Tufts was the place for me. We spent half an hour discussing this, with him re-phrasing the question in like ten different ways.

I guess just make sure you know what you're looking for in a school, and be prepared to think outside the box, if you know what I mean. The Dean seemed really cool, though, and he's pretty funny. He does a good job of making you relax before the interview. Good Luck!!!
 

justskipee

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
328
Reaction score
2
EZMcFlo said:
Umm, not to scare you or anything, but it was my hardest interview. I think it completely depends on who you get, though. By the way, did you know there's an interview feedback thing on SDN? I actually didn't post anything there, so here are a few questions my first interviewer asked:

What is the color yellow?
What is life?
Define Human with one word.
What is passion?
What is compassion?
Compare ethics with morals.
Do you think we're more intelligent today than men alive in the stone age?

Yeah, I know. As crazy as the questions were, I surprised myself at how composed I was and how thoughtfully I answered the questions. My second interviewer was all caught up on this idea of "marriage" to the school you attend, and pretty much asking why I thought Tufts was the place for me. We spent half an hour discussing this, with him re-phrasing the question in like ten different ways.

I guess just make sure you know what you're looking for in a school, and be prepared to think outside the box, if you know what I mean. The Dean seemed really cool, though, and he's pretty funny. He does a good job of making you relax before the interview. Good Luck!!!

oooh you got the elton john guy. tough luck. I got to interview with the dean of admissions, and a very cool student.
 

minnie2240

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
197
Reaction score
0
lexy10 said:
Congrats! I too got accepted today. Perhaps I'll see you all next year!

I just got the acceptance email too!!! So unexpected but amazing!!

Don't know if I wlll go yet, still waiting on other schools but I loved it.
 

justskipee

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
328
Reaction score
2
only problem I have with Tufts (beside the fact they didn't e-mail me today) is the price. Who charges $40094? Couldn't they find a way to bring it down, I can't understand it. Perhaps the government should pay for all of us to be doctors.
 

Dave_D

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2005
Messages
515
Reaction score
0
justskipee said:
Congrats to all who got the acceptance e-mail. For everyone who interviewed and hasn't received the e-mail, ummm, including me, ummm.

You mean me for example? Are the 2 of us up the creek when it comes to Tufts?
 

badlydrawnvik

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Messages
662
Reaction score
0
Dave_D said:
You mean me for example? Are the 2 of us up the creek when it comes to Tufts?
in the same boat, interviewed the first week of november.
 

justskipee

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
328
Reaction score
2
Dave_D said:
You mean me for example? Are the 2 of us up the creek when it comes to Tufts?

Probably just means that they deferred a decision on us for now, or we are rejected. I don't really know. Just trying to use logic.
 

abcehmu

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
also got in yesterday. interviewed nov. 8th. interviews were laid back. talked about scuba diving and cooking for a while in one of them.
 

Flyfisher

On Target: Med School
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
I got the thin envelope friday (12/16) but it was a delayed decision.

I am somewhat dissapointed but not all that suprised. I just wanted to get an acceptance so I could know what I'll be doing next year. Oh well I can wait.

I suppose now I've lost my advantage of interviewing early though.
 

ti89

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
815
Reaction score
0
Still waiting on decision but I'm pretty sure (95%) that I would be turning down an offer of acceptance. Once finals are over I'll probably think about it compared to other schools.
 

EZMcFlo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2005
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Anyone still waiting for their letter? I know it's the holidays and all, but I live in Boston, and I think a week is a little slow. Anyone know if maybe they're not sending everyone who interviewed in early November a letter now? Like maybe they didn't have time to meet about all of us, I'm hoping?
 

SpiderMD

Susie Bad Girl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
EZMcFlo said:
Anyone still waiting for their letter? I know it's the holidays and all, but I live in Boston, and I think a week is a little slow. Anyone know if maybe they're not sending everyone who interviewed in early November a letter now? Like maybe they didn't have time to meet about all of us, I'm hoping?

I'm still waiting on a letter. I live in the South, so I figured maybe that was causing the delay. I interviewed in December and I'm pretty sure that other people that interviewed the same day have received acceptances.
 
Top