You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2026!
Started by captainfelixxx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yeah, it's pretty rural-suburban sprawl. there's commuter rail which would get you within walking distance but then you'd have to live within walking distance of the commuter rail in one of the towns nearby, and then within that town be within walking distance of a supermarket & other necessities. i'm not under the impression it's a common approach but i've heard of a few people that do this, and some that just have roommates that drive and it works for them. but we don't really have a central college town surrounding the school or anything like that; unless you want to walk in a busy road with limited sidewalks, you have to drive a few minutes to get to grafton center/shrewsbury/westborough etc.Is it hard to be at Tufts without a car? I am looking at housing options and it seems difficult without having one. I’ve never driven in snow before so the idea of having to do that scares me!
the infrastructure for snow here is pretty solid, and the dean has been pretty good about giving us snow days this year if that's any help! i grew up in a snowy city and honestly i live in a small town 40 mins from school and they still do a great job with plowing and salting.
New England towns are very prepared for snow and have all the equipment to keep the roads clear. Even after a substantial storm, roads are typically cleaned up by the following day.. It’s the southern states that get occasional snow/ice, that are usually paralyzed by a storm.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going! I'm driving myself up and staying with a friend who lives not far from Tufts.Is anyone going to the admitted applicants day in-person? If so, and you’re OOS, where are you staying and how are you getting to tufts CVM the day of?
So lucky. I had to buy plane tickets now and book hotels. Which isn’t great because, you know, they sent the email about on MONDAY... like girl... I’m really supposed to book affordable plane tickets and hotels within two weeks? Low key kind of madI'm going! I'm driving myself up and staying with a friend who lives not far from Tufts.
maddymurray
New Member
Ugh I feel the same way. I really wanted to go but I’m from Oklahoma and the plane tickets start at $600. No way I can drive 23 hours either haha. Kinda bummed but I definitely won’t be able to make it, I’ll have to be happy with the virtual one i guessSo lucky. I had to buy plane tickets now and book hotels. Which isn’t great because, you know, they sent the email about on MONDAY... like girl... I’m really supposed to book affordable plane tickets and hotels within two weeks? Low key kind of mad
Sorry that the in-person option was short notice. I know that the Tufts COVID guidelines have been in the process of reducing recently. I trust that Cummings admins informed applicants as soon as they could when they received confirmation from higher ups regarding a large group of visitors coming on campus. But hopefully even if you aren’t able to come to campus you can ask your questions to students and gain a good understanding of the program.
lionstigersbears
New Member
Did anyone have to interview twice?? I had my first interview February 9th and then I interviewed again this week. I am going crazy trying to understand what this means!!
charleyhorse
Full Member
Uhhh no. That’s strange!Did anyone have to interview twice?? I had my first interview February 9th and then I interviewed again this week. I am going crazy trying to understand what this means!!
I haven't heard of this before; I don't think it would hurt to reach out to Patti or Ford (admissions) for clarification via email if it's bothering you enough.Did anyone have to interview twice?? I had my first interview February 9th and then I interviewed again this week. I am going crazy trying to understand what this means!!
futuredogtor26
PennVet c/o 2026
I’m pretty sure Ford said we would all be interviewed only once during the Q&A’s so that is really odd. Have you received an admissions decision? Did you apply for another program as well or anything like that?Did anyone have to interview twice?? I had my first interview February 9th and then I interviewed again this week. I am going crazy trying to understand what this means!!
lionstigersbears
New Member
I think I will reach out, thank you!!I haven't heard of this before; I don't think it would hurt to reach out to Patti or Ford (admissions) for clarification via email if it's bothering you enough.
I have not heard any decision yet, and no I didn’t! They did ask me in the second interview if I considered getting my PhD, but I didn’t think too much of the question because I know it’s a separate application.I’m pretty sure Ford said we would all be interviewed only once during the Q&A’s so that is really odd. Have you received an admissions decision? Did you apply for another program as well or anything like that?
D
deleted989551
Honestly, I think this double interview is a great sign -- especially since they asked you about getting a PhD. They clearly think you are highly intelligent. I think that they are considering you for one of the scholarships or the DVM/PhD program. I really would not worry about this. I got my PhD before applying to vet school (not from Tufts) and I am so glad that I did. It made me smarter/analytical/thoughtful in ways that I could not have imagined before.I think I will reach out, thank you!!
I have not heard any decision yet, and no I didn’t! They did ask me in the second interview if I considered getting my PhD, but I didn’t think too much of the question because I know it’s a separate application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope to see some of you at the virtual admitted students day on Friday!
D
deleted989551
Does anyone know when we will get our financial aid package? Do we have to accept the seat first? Thanks 😊
I emailed the financial aid office and they said they expect to send out financial aid award letters by the end of March but there's no definitive date at this time!Does anyone know when we will get our financial aid package? Do we have to accept the seat first? Thanks 😊
I got mine March 2nd and have not accepted my seat yet!Does anyone know when we will get our financial aid package? Do we have to accept the seat first? Thanks 😊
D
deleted989551
Did you interview early?I got mine March 2nd and have not accepted my seat yet!
Same here I am also waitlisted!Is anyone else waitlisted and hoping they'll get called off? lol
I am! Just got an email with instructions to get to parking and notes about what to wear.Is anyone going to the in person event Saturday?
Same!I am! Just got an email with instructions to get to parking and notes about what to wear.
I had my interview on Jan 24th !Did you interview early?
D
deleted989551
Ok. I emailed financial aid and she said that letters will be sent out by the end of the month. Hopefully soon.
Just wondering if anyone knows if Tufts prefers a specific brand of laptop or what students usually have? I'm looking to get a new one for vet school and was looking for suggestions!
they don't require anything in particular, they just don't want us taking exams on tablets in particular. but any laptop/desktop is fine as long as it supports Examplify.Just wondering if anyone knows if Tufts prefers a specific brand of laptop or what students usually have? I'm looking to get a new one for vet school and was looking for suggestions!
*adding that I use a Lenovo Yoga as my laptop, and often my ipad air to take notes on -- particularly handwritten ones on notability.
jo_nicole
Tufts V25
don't give up hope! I was waitlisted last year and was called off on April 16. It's not over til it's over!! 🙂Is anyone else waitlisted and hoping they'll get called off? lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was able to log into my tufts portal and I found my financial aid information updated on there. Maybe try checking that?Still no word from financial aid office?
Thanks for letting me know! But nothing yet for me :/ maybe tomorrow?I was able to log into my tufts portal and I found my financial aid information updated on there. Maybe try checking that?
charleyhorse
Full Member
I received an email with the doc attached.Thanks for letting me know! But nothing yet for me :/ maybe tomorrow?
futuredogtor26
PennVet c/o 2026
I declined my OOS seat today!
meowspaghetti
New Member
Just accepted my spot! Is there an official FB group?
As part of your acceptance letter, you should have gotten a link for the V26 Facebook page!Just accepted my spot! Is there an official FB group?
maddy_murray
Full Member
I got pulled off the waitlist at my top school today so I will be declining my seat at Tufts!
Tufts does over-accept as I believe admissions shoots for class sizes to be 100 students but my year we ended up with 105.Do you guys think Tufts over accepts? seems like a small chunk of people on here have declined their seats
Ford said they do over accept but he wouldn’t give me an exact number. They are aiming for a class of 105 this year.Do you guys think Tufts over accepts? seems like a small chunk of people on here have declined their seats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ford informed me tonight that they filled the class, but that doesn’t mean people won’t decline their spot if they get off the waitlist at another school. Fingers crossed for them using the waitlist!
Dang. It seemed like a lot of people declined their spots! Maybe they accepted more people this year than usual. I'm holding out hope until the end of the month before I fully (mentally lol) commit myself to another school.Ford informed me tonight that they filled the class, but that doesn’t mean people won’t decline their spot if they get off the waitlist at another school. Fingers crossed for them using the waitlist!
I feel the same way! Unfortunately I’m only waitlisted at two schools so I am really hoping for at least one acceptance so I don’t have to go through the application process againDang. It seemed like a lot of people declined their spots! Maybe they accepted more people this year than usual. I'm holding out hope until the end of the month before I fully (mentally lol) commit myself to another school.
Oh jeeze good luck!! This is my second cycle. I’ve had a lot more luck this cycle than my first one, so it’s not always a bad thing! What other school are you waiting to hear from?I feel the same way! Unfortunately I’m only waitlisted at two schools so I am really hoping for at least one acceptance so I don’t have to go through the application process again
I’m also waitlisted at Cornell.Oh jeeze good luck!! This is my second cycle. I’ve had a lot more luck this cycle than my first one, so it’s not always a bad thing! What other school are you waiting to hear from?