You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2026!
Started by captainfelixxx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
andydoctor
Full Member
When did those of you who have been accepted interview?
ratsnrabbits
New Member
I interviewed 1/24When did those of you who have been accepted interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed January 27th
When did those of you who have been accepted interview?
futuredogtor26
PennVet c/o 2026
I interviewed 2/9 which was the second to last day. I know the days supposedly mean nothing but I felt like I barely scraped by to get an interview. I very much made a connection with my interviewer though and think that helped me a lot.When did those of you who have been accepted interview?
I interviewed 2/1, so I feel similarly. Fingers crossed for us! Does anyone know if they have a ranking system for their waitlist?I interviewed 2/9 which was the second to last day. I know the days supposedly mean nothing but I felt like I barely scraped by to get an interview. I very much made a connection with my interviewer though and think that helped me a lot.
maddy_murray
Full Member
OOS acceptance!! I got my email at 11:09 today and my interview was February 1st
I did it on 2/7!When did those of you who have been accepted interview?
Also on 2/7! Seems like interview time doesn't matter?I did it on 2/7!
It seems like last year the acceptances and alternate statuses were sent at the same time...has anyone been given an alternate spot yet? I've heard nothing at all and I just wanna know if its a rejection or if I should be waiting on the possibility of a waitlist
I too am crazy and noticed that as well. I don't see anyone commenting about a waitlist. Maybe they'll send it out later in the day today?It seems like last year the acceptances and alternate statuses were sent at the same time...has anyone been given an alternate spot yet? I've heard nothing at all and I just wanna know if its a rejection or if I should be waiting on the possibility of a waitlist
I too am crazy and noticed that as well. I don't see anyone commenting about a waitlist. Maybe they'll send it out later in the day today?
I would hope they send it out same day. The fact that they didn’t already send everyone their decision is not cool imo…
😂 I immediately went to stalk past threads cuz im nuts, I am lowkey considering calling the office cuz with the issues with not everyone getting emails and stuff makes me think that there might be a technical issue going on??I too am crazy and noticed that as well. I don't see anyone commenting about a waitlist. Maybe they'll send it out later in the day today?
Summerthom
Full Member
If you do, please keep us updated! I have been going crazy all day. My email, SDN, and the Tufts portal has been up and updated every 5 minutes since 2pm.😂 I immediately went to stalk past threads cuz im nuts, I am lowkey considering calling the office cuz with the issues with not everyone getting emails and stuff makes me think that there might be a technical issue going on??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soooooo I just called cuz I have no self control. They said they will have more (and hopefully all) decisions coming out tomorrow. They weren't able to specify if it was decisions about acceptances or just about waitlists but just they didn't want people who had already been decided on to wait any longer so they sent out some decisions. so basically things are still being finalized and we should hopefully all know sometime tomorrow unless they for some reason need more time.If you do, please keep us updated! I have been going crazy all day. My email, SDN, and the Tufts portal has been up and updated every 5 minutes since 2pm.
Summerthom
Full Member
I do wish they would have just waited and released everything at once but good to know it'll be tomorrow. Thanks for calling!soooooo I just called cuz I have no self control. They said they will have more (and hopefully all) decisions coming out tomorrow. They weren't able to specify if it was decisions about acceptances or just about waitlists but just they didn't want people who had already been decided on to wait any longer so they sent out some decisions. so basically things are still being finalized and we should hopefully all know sometime tomorrow unless they for some reason need more time.
You’re amazing for calling and giving us this information. Thank you!!!soooooo I just called cuz I have no self control. They said they will have more (and hopefully all) decisions coming out tomorrow. They weren't able to specify if it was decisions about acceptances or just about waitlists but just they didn't want people who had already been decided on to wait any longer so they sent out some decisions. so basically things are still being finalized and we should hopefully all know sometime tomorrow unless they for some reason need more time.
So did everyone who got a portal update get an email? Or did some people’s portals get an update without an email?
I didnt get an email yettttSo did everyone who got a portal update get an email? Or did some people’s portals get an update without an email?
futuredogtor26
PennVet c/o 2026
I also have not gotten an email but my portal is updated! I don’t know why simultaneous admission updates are so hard for schools but a few days ago UW sent an email out telling people to create their portal and the official acceptance/rejection emails hadn’t even gone out yet. 🤦♀️ I know it’s hard but hang in there for those of you who haven’t heard anything.
charleyhorse
Full Member
I got an update to portal with no email.
nettarod00
Full Member
2nd-time applicant and got in! guys do NOT give up. !!!!
I got an email with a portal update but the email didn’t include much information, In the email it just stated
“Greetings from the Office of Admissions,
The Admissions Committee has completed its deliberations for some of the applicants to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree program at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.
You can now access the admission decision for your application to the DVM program: “
With a link to their portal so it wasn’t a personalized message. Just in case those who didn’t get the email are worried or curious.
“Greetings from the Office of Admissions,
The Admissions Committee has completed its deliberations for some of the applicants to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree program at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.
You can now access the admission decision for your application to the DVM program: “
With a link to their portal so it wasn’t a personalized message. Just in case those who didn’t get the email are worried or curious.
andydoctor
Full Member
I think Tufts campus is closed due to the weather today... do you guys think that'll affect decisions?
😔 honestly probably, I don't think they'll send out stuff over the weekend either. So its looking like Monday for the rest of us worst-case scenario, could be worse! I just hope everyone stays safe. (if we are really curious someone could call but tbh I'm content to remain ignorant on this)I think Tufts campus is closed due to the weather today... do you guys think that'll affect decisions?
Cummings is definitely closed today - don't know whether or not to be slightly relieved for a reprieve or extremely distressed lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A student ambassador on the Facebook page just said there will be a virtual admitted students day event next month and we should receive details soon. No mention of in person opportunities/tours unfortunatelyDoes anyone know if Tufts is hosting in-person tours before decision day?
for what it's worth we got an email saying that visitors and volunteers will be allowed back on campus in March. I'm not sure what that means for yall exactly, but I'm cautiously hopeful for you.
futuredogtor26
PennVet c/o 2026
I never got an official email about my acceptance, but I got one about applying for the DVM/MPH program and my portal is updated. Anyone else in the same boat?
dogsandcoffee
PennVet c/o 2026
yes! never got an official acceptance email lolI never got an official email about my acceptance, but I got one about applying for the DVM/MPH program and my portal is updated. Anyone else in the same boat?
ratsnrabbits
New Member
Same lolI never got an official email about my acceptance, but I got one about applying for the DVM/MPH program and my portal is updated. Anyone else in the same boat?
I know it is early, but does anyone know about how many people get off the waitlist in a normal year?
From what I saw between SDN and the APVMA page - last year less than five came off the waitlist and the year before zero people… 😬I know it is early, but does anyone know about how many people get off the waitlist in a normal year?
Waitlisted - very nice of them to provide the fact the almost no one declines their seats making sure it feels almost totally hopeless
In all honesty, I'm grateful for the opportunity to be on the waitlist even though I know it's essentially a rejection😅 Getting an interview was farther than I ever expected to come and so somehow this waitlist hurt less than other ones. I'm not keeping my hopes up but I'm really stoked at the fact that I was even considered this far.
We will all end up somewhere eventually and find success and happiness wherever that may be, even if it's not our dream school! I wish the best of luck to everyone.
We will all end up somewhere eventually and find success and happiness wherever that may be, even if it's not our dream school! I wish the best of luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A question to current students! Is it possible to live in Worcester/Shrewsbury and commute a 15 minute drive to campus? I may have to live in Worcester/Shrewsbury area and I'm worried about
1. Whether if its pretty common
2. Never driven in the snow before, but I would have to to drive to school in the winter with snow
2. I think I read a post about having to be ready for calls for emergency medicine rotations when you are doing clinical, and thus have to live very close to campus?
Any advice would help🥲
1. Whether if its pretty common
2. Never driven in the snow before, but I would have to to drive to school in the winter with snow
2. I think I read a post about having to be ready for calls for emergency medicine rotations when you are doing clinical, and thus have to live very close to campus?
Any advice would help🥲
Many students live in Worcester/Shrewsbury and the roads in general are pretty well plowed. 15 mins is definitely within the time that you need to live within for clinical year so don’t worry about that. Even if you were living 1 hr away, you can always stay over at a friends house in 4th year that lives closer.A question to current students! Is it possible to live in Worcester/Shrewsbury and commute a 15 minute drive to campus? I may have to live in Worcester/Shrewsbury area and I'm worried about
1. Whether if its pretty common
2. Never driven in the snow before, but I would have to to drive to school in the winter with snow
2. I think I read a post about having to be ready for calls for emergency medicine rotations when you are doing clinical, and thus have to live very close to campus?
Any advice would help🥲
A question to current students! Is it possible to live in Worcester/Shrewsbury and commute a 15 minute drive to campus? I may have to live in Worcester/Shrewsbury area and I'm worried about
1. Whether if its pretty common
2. Never driven in the snow before, but I would have to to drive to school in the winter with snow
2. I think I read a post about having to be ready for calls for emergency medicine rotations when you are doing clinical, and thus have to live very close to campus?
Any advice would help🥲
Like wonder said, it's really common to live that far from campus. Some students live even farther away. Snow can be a pain, but the school has gotten better about closing/delaying opening campus when the weather is bad.
Many students live in Worcester/Shrewsbury and the roads in general are pretty well plowed. 15 mins is definitely within the time that you need to live within for clinical year so don’t worry about that. Even if you were living 1 hr away, you can always stay over at a friends house in 4th year that lives closer.
Like wonder said, it's really common to live that far from campus. Some students live even farther away. Snow can be a pain, but the school has gotten better about closing/delaying opening campus when the weather is bad.
Thank you both!❤️