Tufts requires Biochemistry??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSXer

:) UoMBCDSCo07 :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just a letter sayingthat I was invited for an interview!! Problem is that the letter also states that Biochemistry is required prior to matriculation (if I am accepted). I haven't taken it yet, nor did I ever have plans to.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if this is a really recent addition to the required courses for Tufts. I don't remember seeingthis requirement when looking at the ADEA booklet of schools. You think there is ANY flexibility with this added requirement? :confused: :confused:

On a side note, they said they haven't recevied my transcripts! See my other thread about this problem with AADSAS. I was in the first batch and transcripts STILL haven't gone out to some schools.

Members don't see this ad.

RSXer,

Ask the school about the possibility of waiving the requirement. A buddy of mine got accepted to Ohio State last year, and they waived several requirements for him, although most of them were labs.

If you can't waive it, then just take it. All you will have to get is a C, and it will be a great warm-up for biochem in dental school. I also wasn't planning on taking it, but I've since changed my mind and am currently in the third week of the course. It's quite enjoyable!

And BTW, many schools are no requiring Biochem courses.

Just great..... There goes my summer of lying on the beach next to a palm tree drinking out of a coconut. Biochemistry awaits!

Seriously though. I guess I'll go on ther interview and see if the school is worth the extra work. I guess I better re-check my other schools prerequisites as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a great point -- if you aren't interested, then don't take the class. Even better, wait until Dec. 1 to see if they accept you. If they don't, then your decision is already made!

Do you know if they require one semester of biochem or two? I am in a one semester biochem class, and its my last semester before graduation. It would really mess up my plans of not using my brain at all for half-a-year if I had to take another semester of biochem after I graduate.

They only require one semester. It doesn't have to have lab either