This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There are 30 people in the facebook group right now and I think 6-10 or more of them are last year ACLPs. It's not looking good if you haven't already gotten an A.
16/30 people in the Facebook group were last year's ACLPs. Source: Former ACLP (me)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
16/30 people in the Facebook group were last year's ACLPs. Source: Former ACLP (me)

Haha. Thanks for the clarification! Do you think those spots reserved are for those they still have not reviewed? I applied a day before the deadline so trying to see if there is still hope.

Haha. Thanks for the clarification! Do you think those spots reserved are for those they still have not reviewed? I applied a day before the deadline so trying to see if there is still hope.
My guess is that 21 acceptances have already been sent out, but some probably have been accepted off the waitlist for medical school. So, this gives the committee time to re-review and pull people off the waitlist as needed. A few come off the waitlist list each year, so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My guess is that 21 acceptances have already been sent out, but some probably have been accepted off the waitlist for medical school. So, this gives the committee time to re-review and pull people off the waitlist as needed. A few come off the waitlist list each year, so don't lose hope!

Out of curiosity do you have any (ballpark) idea how many people are generally kept on the waitlist? Or how many people end up applying? I have no idea how competitive this program is in terms of applicants to spots

Out of curiosity do you have any (ballpark) idea how many people are generally kept on the waitlist? Or how many people end up applying? I have no idea how competitive this program is in terms of applicants to spots

This program is fairly competitive, as my year had more than 80 applicants. Last year, there was an alternate list and a secondary waitlist which was a source of confusion in the thread. We speculated that the committee pulled students off of the alternate (higher priority) list first. My guess is that there are at least 20 students on the waitlist, but there could be more.

Interesting, in most places the alternate list is second to the secondary wait list.

Last edited:
I made an account to update all of you guys. I just got off of the waitlist today for ACLP and sent in my fee. I am still on the waitlist for Tulane SOM.

Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
I made an account to update all of you guys. I just got off of the waitlist today for ACLP and sent in my fee. I am still on the waitlist for Tulane SOM.

Good luck!

congrats!! were you on the alternate list?

No R's have officially been given out yet?

Just trying to make sure I was actually reviewed since A and WL to A's been given out, while I am still waiting for R.

No R's have officially been given out yet?

Just trying to make sure I was actually reviewed since A and WL to A's been given out, while I am still waiting for R.

I would assume R. So many people have already gotten accepted and someone earlier said there are 80+ applicants. Given people are actively being pulled off the alternate list, the program is probably already full barring people dropping out due to getting off the waitlist elsewhere. If you haven't already been informed you're on the wait list (and other people have?), it's most likely an R.

I would assume R. So many people have already gotten accepted and someone earlier said there are 80+ applicants. Given people are actively being pulled off the alternate list, the program is probably already full barring people dropping out due to getting off the waitlist elsewhere. If you haven't already been informed you're on the wait list (and other people have?), it's most likely an R.

Thanks for the insight.

I guess my biggest concern is that the $75 application fee never posted on account and I never officially got an email confirming my application was complete and under review.

Did anyone else's $75 fee post?

Thanks for the insight.

I guess my biggest concern is that the $75 application fee never posted on account and I never officially got an email confirming my application was complete and under review.

Did anyone else's $75 fee post?

I got an email with my receipt saying my $75 had been received (before I had submitted my app). I never received an email my application was received or transcripts arrived though. Later I got an email that I'm on the alternate list.

What account are you referring too? I never got a login to anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email with my receipt saying my $75 had been received (before I had submitted my app). I never received an email my application was received or transcripts arrived though. Later I got an email that I'm on the alternate list.

What account are you referring too? I never got a login to anything.

Ok this is my exact situation except A or WL. I figure I am getting an R.

And by account, I was referring to bank account. I was using this as a guide to confirm.

Ok this is my exact situation except A or WL. I figure I am getting an R.

And by account, I was referring to bank account. I was using this as a guide to confirm.

Email them to make sure you application actually got through. It would stink to think you got rejected because of your application when you might have gotten rejected because they never completed your application.

Reactions: 1 users
Email them to make sure you application actually got through. It would stink to think you got rejected because of your application when you might have gotten rejected because they never completed your application.

Yeah, took me until today to find out I'm on the alternate list lol. Better than straight up rejected but it's getting late now

Yeah, took me until today to find out I'm on the alternate list lol. Better than straight up rejected but it's getting late now

Damn I should of probably done this sooner. I will email today.

Has anyone actually gotten an R email? I have not.

Damn I should of probably done this sooner. I will email today.

Has anyone actually gotten an R email? I have not.

Some people have, yes. Are you sure your application was completed? It's starting to seem like you're either on the alternate list or you never actually got evaluated.

For those who have been accepted, what day do classes start? They said waitlist movement can happen up until the day before classes. Thank you!

Hi everyone, do any of you know any resources for finding a roommate? Thank you!

Whats the lowest MCAT score they'll take for this program? I'm at about 502 but 3.96 GPA with another doctorate degree applying for med schools....

I was placed on the alternate list; got the email about 2:35 pm eastern
I was also placed on the alternate list. I got the email 11:30am CT yesterday. For anyone who hasn't heard back yet - the AL email did say about 8-12 people are taken off the alternate list each year!