Tulane?s Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C U in MD school

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what is going with this waitlist? Has anyone been moved off yet?

I know that in Dr. P's letter, he said that peak activity will take place during mid may, but I?m just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

In the letter I received, I think it said movement would begin in March. I just withdrew from the "acceptance range pool" myself.

No word yet here... Do you think people on the acceptance range should bug Pisano? I wrote him a letter back in January.

Members don't see this ad :)
C U - I don't have the answer to your question, but do you know if Tulane is now only interviewing for waitlist positions?

I think the letter said movement begins in March. I don't think it is necessary to bug Pisano. I heard that only a handful of people get immediate acceptance and that a large number come from the acceptance range. That it's sort of their way to be able to shape their class and have control over what it looks like in terms of demographics, school attended, etc,. Good luck.

panda01: that is very smart. i havent wrote a letter to him. are we supposed to? what did yours say? i dont think u should bug him anymore, i would think that one letter would be fine.

mdhopeful : i think that ur right. i spoke to his sec and she only very few selected ppl get accepted right away.

locitamd: i dont think the class is full yet. they have a big class at tulane and pisano seems to be very selective about who he lets in. so, i dont think that tulane is interviewing for waitlist just yet. anyone think otherwise?

The students i talked to said tons of people get off this list, but you HAVE to let Pisano know you want to go there. I would start a letter writing campaign NOW if you want to get a spot. --Trek

A letter 'campaign'? How many different ways can you say you want to go there?

I have sent in an update letter expressing my continued interest in the school and reviewing some achievements since the submission of my application such as publications, abstracts, and presentations. I think that is sufficient, and don't feel a plea for admission is necessary. Anyone else think a personal letter campaign is required? I guess I think that it could backfire if you keep writing letters begging to get into the school. What do you all think?

I emailed Tulane about their waitlist because I was placed on the waitlist back in December and they said that right now they have about 300 people on their "acceptance range" list and that usually 50-70 people come off of the list every year. Those aren't very good odds. I agree that you have to show real interest in Tulane and New Orleans. I interviewed with Dr. Pisano and he drilled me on why I wanted to attend Tulane. I love the school and it is my top choice but I don't think I portrayed that very well in my interview and I got put in "limbo" aka the "acceptance range list". Don't give up hope because I haven't. They also say they don't rank their wait list which sucks in a sense because their is no real way to tell waht your individual chances are off getting out of limbo. It's also good in a sense in that we all have about the same chance of getting in off of the wait list. Does anyone know Pisano's email address because I want to email him since i interviewed with him.