1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Turned application yesterday, is it late?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by nskakavac, Aug 11, 2015.

1. nskakavac

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I just turned in my application yesterday and was just wondering if that is considered late? and if that is, will it be detrimental to me?

2. RuffDay

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    It really depends on your stats + extracirc. activities

3. nskakavac

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Oh okay and do you know when the cutoff is for when it's considered late by any chance?

4. Streax1

2+ Year Member

Most of the consensus here on sdn is that after batch 6 you're typically not considered "early. "

5. SableFire

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Last year it was 8 now it's 6 haha next year it'll be 4. For some reason this year many people are way more concerned with getting in super early and are having freak outs from what I found is as long as it is mailed mid August you are fine. That being said OP will not mail this Friday so he is neither late not early.

6. Bucks783

Pre-Dental
    It is going to be mailed out most likely mid-September, unless there aren't a lot of applicants submitting, then you may get verified by the end of August. I got all my stuff in mid-october last year and was still able to get one interview.