-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tuskegee c/o 2018 Applicants!
Started by Iluvlabs90
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't think so. If you think about it, the last name beginning with "B" only heard around 4/5 pm today. I would give it tomorrow or even Wednesday before giving up hope. Or better yet don't give up until you hear no 🙂So is that it? If you didn't get an email....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Surely not..right? If so, I will be mad bc I enrolled in an Animal Science course today just for Tuskegee bc I assumed since I got another call asking about prereqs, that they were really interested.So is that it? If you didn't get an email....
I don't think they're done updating yet... and there is a place on the status page for rejections too, so hopefully if that's the case they will mark it.
My page doesn't even say complete/incomplete for the application. Is that normal?
As far as I know it's normal... that's how mine is at least. Trust me, they're not done notifying everybody. I mean, just think how long this process has taken for them thus far. And plus, they wouldn't bother calling you if they weren't going to offer you an interview.
Ok, I won't cry yet.
I always reference back to the TU 2017. They received emails over a span of 2-3 days so hang in there!!
The status change was just an X in the invited for interview box.
I don't think they're going in alphabetical order, so don't panic if you think they skipped your letter. My last name begins with a T.
The status change was just an X in the invited for interview box.
I don't think they're going in alphabetical order, so don't panic if you think they skipped your letter. My last name begins with a T.
Same here! Does anyone know if they offer tours or anything of that nature before the interviews?
I think they do so afterwards, but I may be wrong.
PS - I just got a call from the man with the accent. [spark of hope] Does anyone know his name?
I got the emailllllll!
I think they do so afterwards, but I may be wrong.
PS - I just got a call from the man with the accent. [spark of hope] Does anyone know his name?
Elwalid Suliman I believe. He does the academic record verification. Congrats on your interview!
Same here! Does anyone know if they offer tours or anything of that nature before the interviews?
Amy just called to confirm my interview. She said they hold group tours after interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I chose Friday, the 28th. Anyone else?
Me too!
I got an interview invite today but I declined it because I got into my IS (#1 choice) 😳 . Good luck to the rest of you though! 
. I've heard a lot of great things about Tuskegee!!

. I've heard a lot of great things about Tuskegee!!I wish their website was more user friendly. I want to see the curriculum. Anyone know if they have it listed somewhere that I just haven't stumbled upon?
I feel you. Their website...
it is in the academic catalog. i had to google it to find itI wish their website was more user friendly. I want to see the curriculum. Anyone know if they have it listed somewhere that I just haven't stumbled upon?
I'm on the 27th. Is everyone planning to stay at the Kellogg center?
Here's the link to the academic catalog:
http://www.tuskegee.edu/sites/www/Uploads/files/Academics/Course_CatalogBulletin.pdf
You have to scroll all the way down for the vet school information
Here's the link to the academic catalog:
http://www.tuskegee.edu/sites/www/Uploads/files/Academics/Course_CatalogBulletin.pdf
You have to scroll all the way down for the vet school information
I haven't decided whether I'm going to stay at the Kellogg center.. Wonder if it will be cheaper than somewhere else..I'm on the 27th. Is everyone planning to stay at the Kellogg center?
Here's the link to the academic catalog:
http://www.tuskegee.edu/sites/www/Uploads/files/Academics/Course_CatalogBulletin.pdf
You have to scroll all the way down for the vet school information
They told us that with the discount it is $99 for a room for 4. Not too bad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the Kellogg Center?
In the letter for interviews it says that's where they recommend staying because it's within walking distance and if you mention that you're there for vet school interview, you get a discount.What is the Kellogg Center?
I will be interviewing on the 26th. I will probably be staying in Auburn since there are more hotel options. It is about 40 minutes or so from Tuskegee per my friend the recent Auburn grad. A current Tuskegee student also advised staying in Auburn.
My roommate and I both have interviews on the 26 and we will be staying on campus. We figure it's safer in case something goes wrong, like oversleeping, etc.
I would email Amy and ask her what going on.
Also received an invitation email (shortly preceded by a phonecall confirming my pre-requisites)!
Question for those of you still taking undergrad classes - I have a really busy sched this semester (and particularly that week they are holding interviews) and was wondering if any of the schools ever make exceptions for interview days. Anyone have/heard of experience with this?
Question for those of you still taking undergrad classes - I have a really busy sched this semester (and particularly that week they are holding interviews) and was wondering if any of the schools ever make exceptions for interview days. Anyone have/heard of experience with this?
Also received an invitation email (shortly preceded by a phonecall confirming my pre-requisites)!
Did you just get your interview invite today?
member: 593407"]Also received an invitation email (shortly preceded by a phonecall confirming my pre-requisites)![/quote]
Also received an invitation email (shortly preceded by a phonecall confirming my pre-requisites)!
Yes, just received it a couple hours ago!
Question for those of you still taking undergrad classes - I have a really busy sched this semester (and particularly that week they are holding interviews) and was wondering if any of the schools ever make exceptions for interview days. Anyone have/heard of experience with this?
My individual professors are excusing my absence since I forwarded them the interview invitation email. Even though it's not a "university approved" excuse, they understood & said I'll be excused. That may be because they're animal science profs though.
Did Amy call anyone else to confirm their interview? She told me when they would send out the times but I cant remember.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if it's true that most students live in Auburn because it's not safe to live in Tuskegee? I've heard a couple of people say this (a student at Auburn and the vet I worked with who went to TUSVM many moons ago), but wanted to know how accurate of a statement it is currently.
I think she just said they will be sending out times at some point. @Lacysmom, I have also heard this but I don't know how true it is. The veterinarian that I work with who also went to TUSVM many moons ago (when tuition was $3,000/year) said that she lived in Auburn and that 4 of them carpooled for the first couple of years. I looked at last years thread and there were several people who recommended living in Auburn, but no one said why. Makes me wonder, too. But, when I search for places for rent in Tuskegee, it tells me there are no results. When I search Auburn there are several.
I've visited Tuskegee (but not the vet school). The town is really small and it doesn't look like much goes on there. Auburn just seems like a better option in terms of shopping, apartments, etc.
No definite decision for me yet