Tuskegee c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammydoo2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Noticed that there weren't any main threads for Tuskegee CVM applicants. I figured I'd start one and see if anyone else is on the same boat as me. lol

I'm considering applying, but I've been really confused as to how I can take their new medical terminology pre-req.
Let me know if any of you guys have any ideas

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have to complete all of the prerequisites before June 2018, or before you actually apply? I really want to apply here, but online it says you need to complete them before you apply. I just thought that was odd since other schools allow you to have a couple courses in progress.

Do you have to complete all of the prerequisites before June 2018, or before you actually apply? I really want to apply here, but online it says you need to complete them before you apply. I just thought that was odd since other schools allow you to have a couple courses in progress.
I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know the answer? I tried calling and emailing with no luck

Members don't see this ad :)

I applied to them without everything being done, but they did ask me if I was completing certain courses and when I was completing them and they said okay so i'm not sure what that meant, but I do not think that would take us out of the running.

I was offered an interview! Any one have any advice on their interveiw process?

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed Ms. Turk earlier this week to learn about when applicants would be notified, and she said the admission's committee was still reviewing applicants, and that we would be notified whether or not we were being considered by email and phone. Are interview invitations sent out in waves or at the same time? I'm a little worried now. :(

Has anyone else been notified regarding an interview??

I have an interview with Tuskegee!!! I have to call Ms. Turk to confirm, but I actually have an interview, and I couldn't be more excited!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everybody! I also was offered an interview yesterday. When did you all schedule yours?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone!! I pray we all have successful interviews!! There's room for all of us!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview with Tuskegee!!! I have to call Ms. Turk to confirm, but I actually have an interview, and I couldn't be more excited!!!

Congratulations!!!! How did you receive notice?

If you received an email of notice, what was the header? I know sometimes the emails can be hard to spot. If you received a phone call, what was the area code?

If you received an email of notice, what was the header? I know sometimes the emails can be hard to spot. If you received a phone call, what was the area code?

The invitation email was from Moawia Omer and the subject was Invitation to interview with Tuskegee University.

I also got a phone call from a 334 area code. I received the email after I got the call from Ebony so they sent it to me late.

Congratulations!!!! How did you receive notice?
Thank you!! I received an email from Ms. Turk stating that I needed to check my voicemail and/ or call and confirm my interview time.

I hope you get a phone call/ email!! I think they are sending them out in waves. Also, when I called on Friday, Ebony was out of the office for the day.

I have an interview on Thursday (the 8th) as well! Does anyone know any of the questions they like to ask?

I hope everyone who interviewed had a great one! Did I see any of you guys there??

Hey guys! I had my interview Feb 9th with Dr. Bedi and Dr. Goyal. I believe I was the first one for that day (9:00 a.m). They asked me general questions that you would expect, but then went into situational questions (both involving euthanasia). They ended their questions with a random one asking what breed of dogs I would recommend to an old couple. Altogether, my interview lasted about 50 minutes. I was expecting questions based on my resume and personal statement, but they were never touched upon. They didn't even pull out the strengths and weaknesses on me!

Mrs.Turk and Mrs.McCurdy were very welcoming. My guide for the day was Cooper who gave me a lot of insight about the interview beforehand.

I think my interview went well and I hope all of you guys did good also! One question I forgot to ask them is when we will know if we are accepted or denied.

Did anyone ever figure out if you have to complete your pre-reqs before you apply or if they can be "in-progress" and completed before you start vet school? Also, congrats to everyone who has been invited to interview!!! Would anyone care to post their stats? I'm wondering if Tuskegee could be a choice for me next cycle. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They sent an email in November saying they were making an exception this year since it is a transition year for people who would have pre-reqs that would not be done until June to apply. I believe it is only because so many people applied who did not have them done since it said effective 2018 and it was confusing that it started this year. I do not believe they will be able to do this or willing to do this in the future.

Hey guys! I had my interview Feb 9th with Dr. Bedi and Dr. Goyal. I believe I was the first one for that day (9:00 a.m). They asked me general questions that you would expect, but then went into situational questions (both involving euthanasia). They ended their questions with a random one asking what breed of dogs I would recommend to an old couple. Altogether, my interview lasted about 50 minutes. I was expecting questions based on my resume and personal statement, but they were never touched upon. They didn't even pull out the strengths and weaknesses on me!

Mrs.Turk and Mrs.McCurdy were very welcoming. My guide for the day was Cooper who gave me a lot of insight about the interview beforehand.

I think my interview went well and I hope all of you guys did good also! One question I forgot to ask them is when we will know if we are accepted or denied.

I'm so glad your interview went well. Mine lasted about an hour, but I was also the last candidate for my interviewers on the 8th LOL. I had Dr. Guy and Dr. Aoi. I asked about when we would be notified, and Dr. Guy said around mid- March. They want to have all letters/ emails out by April, because we have to hold our seats and send our deposits in April. Also, the last set of interviews were Monday, a total of approximately 90 candidates interviewed (well were invited for interview), and they are accepting around 65.

Did anyone ever figure out if you have to complete your pre-reqs before you apply or if they can be "in-progress" and completed before you start vet school? Also, congrats to everyone who has been invited to interview!!! Would anyone care to post their stats? I'm wondering if Tuskegee could be a choice for me next cycle. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you so much for the good vibes! I will say that I am not the perfect student at all. While in undergrad, I held four jobs, and went home almost every weekend to work two of the four, the other two were campus positions. Also, Meredith doesn't have a pre-vet track so I took several of my prerequisites after graduating at both the local community college, and online. I am currently taking Medical Terminology, and Introduction to Animal Science since my Animal Biology course did not satisfy that pre-req requirement. My GPA is a 3.0, and I don't remember my GRE scores off the top of my head, but the interview panel considered them to be strong, even though I told them I don't like Chemistry or Math LOL. I really hope that you apply to Tuskegee, I loved the vibe I received while on campus. Everyone is super close!!

Aww yay!! How'd it go??
It went very well in my opinion! I interviewed with Dr. Copedge & Dr. Gilbreath. Both so much fun to talk to! I was supposed to be interviewed at 1:45pm but they took me around 1:10pm. I think some people who were scheduled before me didn't show up according to what I heard. My interview lasted about an hour & 15mins. I got a lot of situational questions (what would I do if....) & the euthanasia question. They also asked me 3 strengths & 3 weaknesses which I was NOT prepared for. I was only prepared for 1 of each so I wish I could have answered that better. Overall I think I did pretty well. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Last edited:

Sent from my iPhone using
My major in undergrad was animal science so I had all my required courses. My GRE scores were very low and my GPA was 3.4 I work with 3 veterinarians who all went to Tuskegee and they're the best vets I've ever worked with. I also have a few friends who are attending the CVM so I'm definitely hoping to get in. It's a great school.

I'm so glad your interview went well. Mine lasted about an hour, but I was also the last candidate for my interviewers on the 8th LOL. I had Dr. Guy and Dr. Aoi. I asked about when we would be notified, and Dr. Guy said around mid- March. They want to have all letters/ emails out by April, because we have to hold our seats and send our deposits in April. Also, the last set of interviews were Monday, a total of approximately 90 candidates interviewed (well were invited for interview), and they are accepting around 65.

Mid-March, that seems so long from now (but times fly's by nowadays)!

Congrats on everyone who went through the application process! I'm currently a third year at TUCVM, so if y'all have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

Congrats on everyone who went through the application process! I'm currently a third year at TUCVM, so if y'all have any questions at all, feel free to ask!
Thank you so much!! I'm super excited, and hope that I get in!! How have you enjoyed your time at Tuskegee thus far?? Any advice on how to tackle the first year?

Hi everybody! I know I’m super late lol but congrats to you guys on your interviews! I had mine on the 8th. I’m sure we’ll all get in :)

Hi everybody! I know I’m super late lol but congrats to you guys on your interviews! I had mine on the 8th. I’m sure we’ll all get in :)
That's what I'm definitely praying for!!!!

You guys I just emailed Ms. Turk, inquiring about thank you cards that I sent my interviewers, and she said acceptances and denials will be sent out in two weeks!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm trying to be optimistic about my chances of being accepted, and decided to be productive looking for places to stay. Does anyone have any ideas of the best and worst places to stay at?

I'm trying to be optimistic about my chances of being accepted, and decided to be productive looking for places to stay. Does anyone have any ideas of the best and worst places to stay at?
I've been looking in Auburn. The majority of folks I spoke to said Auburn is probably the better option, because there's not much in Tuskegee. Also, rather than apartments, they mentioned renting houses, and mobile homes. I met someone during our interview and she and I hit it off. She mentioned her friends, who are 4th year students at Tuskegee, turning their lease over to us when they move out this summer. Try looking at Zillow, they had several listings.

I've been looking in Auburn. The majority of folks I spoke to said Auburn is probably the better option, because there's not much in Tuskegee. Also, rather than apartments, they mentioned renting houses, and mobile homes. I met someone during our interview and she and I hit it off. She mentioned her friends, who are 4th year students at Tuskegee, turning their lease over to us when they move out this summer. Try looking at Zillow, they had several listings.

I also heard about the moblie homes. I just haven't had much luck finding out a lot of information about them.

Thank you so much!! I'm super excited, and hope that I get in!! How have you enjoyed your time at Tuskegee thus far?? Any advice on how to tackle the first year?
You'll get a ton of advice once you get here! The orientation program that you'll go through before starting classes (TOLE) is really great for that and meeting your classmates and some upperclassmen.

Auburn is the preference for most (its about a 25 minute drive), if y'all have any questions I can get some lists together of places to live and places to avoid. For trailers, a lot of selling/buying is local word of mouth, but zillow (as mentioned before) can be a good tool. In the end, trailers really are cheaper way to go, but you do have to dish out a good chunk of money first. In the end though, you're only out some money for the property rent, and you get to sell the trailer back.

You'll get a ton of advice once you get here! The orientation program that you'll go through before starting classes (TOLE) is really great for that and meeting your classmates and some upperclassmen.

Auburn is the preference for most (its about a 25 minute drive), if y'all have any questions I can get some lists together of places to live and places to avoid. For trailers, a lot of selling/buying is local word of mouth, but zillow (as mentioned before) can be a good tool. In the end, trailers really are cheaper way to go, but you do have to dish out a good chunk of money first. In the end though, you're only out some money for the property rent, and you get to sell the trailer back.
I would love to hear more information about places to live in the Auburn area. I'm sure we can all benefit from your list, so please feel free to share! Thanks in advance!!!

More popular/better options:
-The Greens
-Longleaf Crossings
-The Garden District
-Eagles Landing
-Eagles South
-Lakewood commons
-Bellwood Place
-Trailers (trailer parks in Auburn are a bunch of college students (more or less) living there- not too sketchy, yet affordable if you have some money to pay up front):
-Crossland Downs
-Westshore Landing

Okay options:
-Samford Square
-The Hub

Definitely Not:
-The Connection (major management problems, hidden fees, etc.)

NOT a comprehensive list, and these are mostly away from downtown Auburn (where it’s more college-y) that I’m not very familiar with so I didn’t include them.

Guys check your emails! :D

Check your emails guys!!! Just got my acceptance ! :D:claps:

Reactions: 4 users
I would love to hear more information about places to live in the Auburn area. I'm sure we can all benefit from your list, so please feel free to share! Thanks in advance!!!
Sorry to randomly post here but I had to add this! Savannah Square (not to be confused with Samford Square) is an AMAZING place to live in Auburn. Hands down, the best apartment complex I have ever lived in has been there. The management is awesome, great pet policies, and so, so friendly!

^ooh, yeah forgot about Savannah square! There are duplexes behind y'all too, but I always forget their name.

Congrats on everyone getting accepted!!