Tuskegee c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just keep telling myself that all things happen for a reason. We all have a purpose, we just have to pray that we find it!

I agree. With everything happening in my life right now, I must say I felt a little relief when getting my answer cus now I have time to get things sorted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So excited for everyone. Can’t wait to meet you guys in August

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone going to take advantage of SERP? I received the pamphlet from Ebony and I'm just curious if others have given the program much thought.

What is it?
It's Tuskegee's Summer Enrichment Reinforcement Program. Students wishing to have a refresher on some courses, and an early introduction to courses are encouraged to take it. They are all taught by Tuskegee CVM professors. I can attach the flyer.

It's Tuskegee's Summer Enrichment Reinforcement Program. Students wishing to have a refresher on some courses, and an early introduction to courses are encouraged to take it. They are all taught by Tuskegee CVM professors. I can attach the flyer.

They flyer will not attach. Inbox me your email addresses if you want to learn more. I'm currently speaking to a current third year, and this is what she had to say about the program" Yes, most people feel that it really prepared them for the first semester. It gives you a view on what to prepare yourself for and possible figure how to study. "

Also, has anyone figured out housing? I'm not sure if I want to stay on campus my first year or Auburn? I don't know I will have my car the first year, so that's the other deciding factor.

They flyer will not attach. Inbox me your email addresses if you want to learn more. I'm currently speaking to a current third year, and this is what she had to say about the program" Yes, most people feel that it really prepared them for the first semester. It gives you a view on what to prepare yourself for and possible figure how to study. "
Oh ok yea I would love to do that. I graduated undergrad 4 years ago so I definitely need a refresher. My email is [email protected]

Also, has anyone figured out housing? I'm not sure if I want to stay on campus my first year or Auburn? I don't know I will have my car the first year, so that's the other deciding factor.
I received a pamphlet about SERP too. I’m just not sure if I’m able to participate or not; I’m still thinking on it. And about housing I’ve heard a lot of ppl say you can either rent from other vet students who are graduating or stay in dorm-like apartments in Auburn (there are A LOT)

Reactions: 1 user
I received a pamphlet about SERP too. I’m just not sure if I’m able to participate or not; I’m still thinking on it. And about housing I’ve heard a lot of ppl say you can either rent from other vet students who are graduating or stay in dorm-like apartments in Auburn (there are A LOT)
Anyone looking for a roommate? I'm going to do some searches. I did come across a modular home that is three bedrooms $800 a month, which isn't bad split three ways!

What about the on-campus apartments such as The Commons? I know that I'm most likely going to stay on campus for my first year.
Hey did you decide if you were going to live on campus? I'm trying to figure if living on campus would be the best move for first year.

I have no idea where im gonna live. I know it'll be in auburn because my daughter will need to be in daycare but its hard to do apartment searches when I dont really know that area.

What state is everyone coming from?

Does anyone know when the SERP program starts?

What state is everyone coming from?
I'm coming from North Carolina. I was speaking with someone who posted a listing for a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom townhome for $950 a month ($475 a piece). I'm trying to move down there around the time SERP starts (which I'm waiting to hear back from Tuskegee regarding a date). The sooner I secure I place the better, but I would prefer a roommate.

I'm coming from North Carolina. I was speaking with someone who posted a listing for a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom townhome for $950 a month ($475 a piece). I'm trying to move down there around the time SERP starts (which I'm waiting to hear back from Tuskegee regarding a date). The sooner I secure I place the better, but I would prefer a roommate.
Oh cool. I use to live in NC. I went to A&T.

I have a friend who is in her 3rd year and I asked her if she did the SERP program before starting and this is what she said:

"No. I think some people had to, others had a choice, but I wasn't given an option. I would say skip it if you can"

So idk, I guess since I haven't received anything I wasn't really given a choice.

So the program dates for SERP are May 29, 2018- June 29, 2018.

I have a friend who is in her 3rd year and I asked her if she did the SERP program before starting and this is what she said:

"No. I think some people had to, others had a choice, but I wasn't given an option. I would say skip it if you can"

So idk, I guess since I haven't received anything I wasn't really given a choice.
Yea I was given a choice. Idk I would like to be prepared, but I don't think I can commit to those dates.

Coming from TX. Congratulations to everyone receiving letters yesterday, kinda jealous that you already received mail from the school lol. Regarding housing, I think i'll probably end up driving out there in June to scope out where I want to live and familiarize myself with the area. I've been checking out zillow to kinda get a feel for pricing but someone mentioned that a lot of great places will open up once the fourth years at Tuskegee and Auburn graduate so I'm trying to wait for that to happen.

Coming from TX. Congratulations to everyone receiving letters yesterday, kinda jealous that you already received mail from the school lol. Regarding housing, I think i'll probably end up driving out there in June to scope out where I want to live and familiarize myself with the area. I've been checking out zillow to kinda get a feel for pricing but someone mentioned that a lot of great places will open up once the fourth years at Tuskegee and Auburn graduate so I'm trying to wait for that to happen.
Oh no, my letter was via email lol.

Thats kind of my plan too. I think Im gonna fly down either may or june and look around for places to live.

Well if anyone is interested in this awesome condo I found, please let me know. It's for rent, not purchase. I can email you pictures if you are interested!

Hi follower of this thread, I am coming from NC too. I also have no idea about housing just know I am staying in auburn.

Anyone looking for a roommate? I'm going to do some searches. I did come across a modular home that is three bedrooms $800 a month, which isn't bad split three ways!
Hey! I'm responding to this a little late but I've been accepted into the veterinary program at Tuskegee too! Congrats on your acceptance! I am from NY and am currently trying to figure out housing and would love to room with another vet student! Are you still looking for a roommate?

Hey! I'm responding to this a little late but I've been accepted into the veterinary program at Tuskegee too! Congrats on your acceptance! I am from NY and am currently trying to figure out housing and would love to room with another vet student! Are you still looking for a roommate?
I sure am! I'm Janice btw. I've been looking at several listings on Zillow and have saved three. There's a 2 bedroom/ 2 bedroom condo that I've been eyeing and I'm already in contact with the owner. It's $950 a month, so of course $475 a piece, not sure if that includes wi-fi and utilities, but can certainly follow up. The lease is also very flexible. I want to look at the apartments that were listed above as well before making my final decision. I've also thought about living on campus. I guess it depends if I can get something solidified before SERP. It's optional, but I would still like to check it out considering first year student's who have participated in the past, had a great first year as a result of the program.

Hi follower of this thread, I am coming from NC too. I also have no idea about housing just know I am staying in auburn.
I've been looking at listings on Zillow, but I'm about to check out these apartments as well.
-The Greens
-Longleaf Crossings
-The Garden District
-Eagles Landing
-Eagles South
-Lakewood commons
-Bellwood Place
-Trailers (trailer parks in Auburn are a bunch of college students (more or less) living there- not too sketchy, yet affordable if you have some money to pay up front):
-Crossland Downs
-Westshore Landing

I've been looking at listings on Zillow, but I'm about to check out these apartments as well.
-The Greens
-Longleaf Crossings
-The Garden District
-Eagles Landing
-Eagles South
-Lakewood commons
-Bellwood Place
-Trailers (trailer parks in Auburn are a bunch of college students (more or less) living there- not too sketchy, yet affordable if you have some money to pay up front):
-Crossland Downs
-Westshore Landing
I keep hearing the Garden District is amazing. Also, some vet students said be careful living close to undergrad students because while you’re studying at home you don’t want to be around extremely loud partying ppl.

My name is Eboni’ btw. Lol