Two MMI questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saratonin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an upcoming MMI, and I have two questions on the process.

First of all, do any of you recommend any certain services/companies for prep? Is it worth it? Should I just buy a book? I'm out of school so I don't really have a pre-med advisor to help me with this.

Second, I would like to gain more knowledge on medical ethics, current medical events, and medical politics. How can I become more knowledgeable on these subjects? What should I study? Does anyone recommend any books?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Check the stickied threads for all the knowledge you could ever need on these topics.

There you will find a link to UWashingtons medical ethics modules (free of charge)
MMI Guides from top interviewing SDNers & faculty
Pretty much anything else you could want for interview prep. (there are like 4 prep guides in the sticky)

If you want to learn more about the healthcare system, read these books:
-America's Bitter Pill
-Doing Good

Doing good is the accepted starter book to get a primer on US healthcare.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me!

Hey guys,

I have an upcoming MMI, and I have two questions on the process.

First of all, do any of you recommend any certain services/companies for prep? Is it worth it? Should I just buy a book? I'm out of school so I don't really have a pre-med advisor to help me with this.

Second, I would like to gain more knowledge on medical ethics, current medical events, and medical politics. How can I become more knowledgeable on these subjects? What should I study? Does anyone recommend any books?

Thanks so much!
Just had an MMI recently and I think the best practice I got was going through a few scenarios with some friends that also had interviews. We looked up a few prompts and acted them out or discussed them. You can never prepare for what you'll actually get but it did make me more comfortable when it came to the interview.