U Cincinnati?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karina 07

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Boyf just got an interview invite for 2/20 at U Cincinnati.
Someone earlier posted that he was told that interviews from January on would be for the waitlist... could someone confirm this or offer their updated info? How are things going over at Cincinnati?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Back in the day (2005) when I intervied for Cincinnati the first time, it was on Feb. 1, and they told me it was only for a waitlist. I didn't get in. However, I reapplied and got in last year. So I don't know exactly what the current situation is, but to be honest I imagine that by February, most if not all the seats have been taken, so it probably is for a spot on the waitlist. In fact that's probably true for most schools. However, keep your chin up, do the best you can, and just remember that it ain't over till the rejection letter has been opened and ripped to shreds. Best of luck! Hopefully for you there'll be good turnover.

i interviewed on jan 8 and was accepted last week. so i think you can still get accepted...im not sure though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed there and just recieved my acceptance.:) The official story is as follows: If they are interviewing you, you always have a chance of getting accepted outright although that chance does decrease significantly after January when they've basically all but filled up. However, unlike many schools that accept based on the anticipation of a certain amount who will not matriculate, UC likes to start with a smaller number of outright acceptances and then build up from there. IOW, they always go significantly into their "waitlist." IS is also much better than OOS--traditionally about 70% of matriculants are from IS. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Thank you! :) And congrats!

Last year for the 2006 application year, I followed UC carefully up until classes started, there were post of people getting accepted in July from the alternate/waiting list.... The wait I'm sure would be unbearable, but there is definitely hope... remember many who are accepted to UC may hold multiple acceptances and choice to go elsewhere, especially if their out of staters for tuition reason's.... The time for anticipation for anyone interviewing at UC now would be after MAY 1st.... this is the time for those with multiple acceptances to choose one school.... Good luck to your boyfriend, I am very biased towards UC, but I highly recommend it, new facilities and the academic curriculum makes it a potential top ten PUBLIC medical school in the near future. Good luck!:luck:

Hey,
Boyf just got an interview invite for 2/20 at U Cincinnati.
Someone earlier posted that he was told that interviews from January on would be for the waitlist... could someone confirm this or offer their updated info? How are things going over at Cincinnati?
Thanks!

I recieved a phone interview invite from UC around the 30th of November. While speaking with the scheduler, she informed me that I had two options: I could either interview on Dec 4th (I recieved the invite on a Thursday, and this was for the upcoming Monday) as someone had cancelled, or to take my interview in early January. She then warned that my prospective January interview would likely be for a waitlist spot ... so naturally, I took the Dec 4th interview. Luckily, I managed to nab one of the remaining spots. So yes, it is likely for a waitlist spot.

I would be one of those who is holding multiple acceptances ... but barring a miracle, I'll be at UC next year.

Anyways, yes, if he snagged an interview, there is quite a bit of hope. He might end up coming off the waitlist in may/june/july, but no doubt he could be accepted.

Oh yeah ... and I think I remember one of the staff up there telling us that if we were waitlisted, that 30-60 kids end up coming off every year and get a seat in school. So yeah, Plenty of room for your man to snag a spot.

i was accepted just yesterday theres still hope, my interview was very late as well

Hey guys - for those of you that have interviewed at UC in recent weeks/months, how long did it take for you to get a response? I was looking forward to 8-10 days or however long ppl were saying, but when I was there last week they kept saying 3-4 weeks! Any insights?

Thanks.

Hey guys - for those of you that have interviewed at UC in recent weeks/months, how long did it take for you to get a response? I was looking forward to 8-10 days or however long ppl were saying, but when I was there last week they kept saying 3-4 weeks! Any insights?

Thanks.

im pretty sure it is taking them 3-4 weeks. when i interviewed in november they were doing the 8-10 day thing but now it is more like 3-4 weeks. i have a friend who interviewed there in late January and still hasnt heard anything. A lot of it depends on your interviewer and when they get your file to the committe. As far as interviewing for the waitlist, i have heard the class is filled (second hand so not 100% sure on this) but this of course doenst mean you cant get in later off the waitlist. Just do your best in the interview. good luck!:luck:

Hey - thanks for the insights.
But.. I am not going to be convinced that I only interviewed for the waitlist because I did not hear that from anyone at UC. No offense...
If it's true, it's true.. but I am hopeful!

Hey - thanks for the insights.
But.. I am not going to be convinced that I only interviewed for the waitlist because I did not hear that from anyone at UC. No offense...
If it's true, it's true.. but I am hopeful!

being hopeful is always good! if they didnt tell you that you were interviewing for the waitlist then you probably weren't. I was thinking more of the people who interview in late february early march.

No news from Cinci today! :-( It's been a week and two days... I even carted my laptop to class with me today to incessantly check email every 15-20 min. Oh well.. what's another week when you've been waiting for ~8 months, right???

Why no news from/about Cincinnati lately?

Does anyone know of any acceptances, WL or rejects from them since the first week in Feb?

Thanks in advance.

I know of many waitlists and rejections. Havnt heard of too many acceptances however.

I know of many waitlists and rejections. Havnt heard of too many acceptances however.

Can you quantify? Numbers, dates, etc. Is the class now full or are there additional outright (i.e., non WL) acceptances to be had?

It's nice to have someone "on the ground" like you. It's much appreciated.

Im not sure, but all my friends and SDN posters (>10 that I know and read about) who have interviewed at UC since the start of Feb seems to have either made it to the waitlist or to the rejection pile. I have heard rumors that they are interviewing for the waitlist and that the class is probably full at this point. They are probably done interviewing (at the very least extending interviews) for the 2007 season (i can certainly report in and on tuesdays/thurs because generally I'll see the group of suits walking around on those days). From my understanding, the way that the waitlist works is once that an accepted student decides not to attend, they take the top 10 or 15 applicants in the tiered waitlist (they do not reveal the tier I believe), and rereview them to determine who is the best candidate for their class. If you are OOS you will most likely find yourself towards the bottom half of the waitlist pile. However, most of this is heresay, but an informed one.

Im not sure, but all my friends and SDN posters (>10 that I know and read about) who have interviewed at UC since the start of Feb seems to have either made it to the waitlist or to the rejection pile. I have heard rumors that they are interviewing for the waitlist and that the class is probably full at this point. They are probably done interviewing (at the very least extending interviews) for the 2007 season (i can certainly report in and on tuesdays/thurs because generally I'll see the group of suits walking around on those days). From my understanding, the way that the waitlist works is once that an accepted student decides not to attend, they take the top 10 or 15 applicants in the tiered waitlist (they do not reveal the tier I believe), and rereview them to determine who is the best candidate for their class. If you are OOS you will most likely find yourself towards the bottom half of the waitlist pile. However, most of this is heresay, but an informed one.

They don't have separate IS and OOS waitlists?

Most state schools do, and try to replace an IS with an IS and an OOS with an OOS. Maybe Cincinnati is different, but given the relatively high (and reasonably constant) percentage of OOSers, it would seem like they try to get a target OOS population.

Thanks again for your insights.

Im not entirely sure about that actually. There may very well be, but I am unsure of that level of detail.

Do people who get an email status update notification of their Alternate List status also recieve a snail mail confirmation of being put on the Alternate List?

I seem to recall from last year's UC thread there was something like that.